Windows 10: How do I set Windows from one language to another?

Discus and support How do I set Windows from one language to another? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just received a new laptop from Best Buy. They installed Windows 10 Famille (in French). I speak French but prefer my laptop in English. I followed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Oh-Lonely-Blade, Nov 26, 2020.

1. How do I set Windows from one language to another?

I just received a new laptop from Best Buy. They installed Windows 10 Famille (in French). I speak French but prefer my laptop in English.

I followed online guides, and now it’s in English but occasionally on restarting, some parts will be in French?

It’s just majorly frustrating. Is there a way to set it totally in English?

submitted by /u/Oh-Lonely-Blade
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Oh-Lonely-Blade, Nov 26, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How do I set Windows from one language to another?

Language setting in Windows 10

Hi Linda,

In Windows 10 you have to download different languages like Spanish French etc. and add to keyboard. Every time you want to change language you can use the short cur
    Windows key + Space bar.

Follow the steps below to download language in Windows 10.

• Click on Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and language; Click on Region and Language.
    • Under Language click on Add language.
    • Choose the language from the list and click on it.

Refer the step to setup Keyboard for language.

• Click on Language and tap/click on Options.
    • Click on Add a Keyboard.

Do let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I set Windows from one language to another?

1. How do I set Windows from one language to another? - Similar Threads - set language another

2. How can I change this setting to another one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change this setting to another one?: Before, I used NC Beauty App, and changed this setting, Nc Video Capture, so that the green screen always shows up when I use a PC camera. I cannot use Video of Teams and Zoom. Another PC can use the camera, but the other one cannot. Please help me how to solve this issue....
  3. How can I change this setting to another one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change this setting to another one?: Before, I used NC Beauty App, and changed this setting, Nc Video Capture, so that the green screen always shows up when I use a PC camera. I cannot use Video of Teams and Zoom. Another PC can use the camera, but the other one cannot. Please help me how to solve this issue....
  4. How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?: How do I transfer everything from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-everything-from-one-computer-to/7d829b7f-8d21-4460-ab92-64de37e0d9cf
  5. How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?

How do I transfer everything from one computer to another?: How do I transfer everything from one computer to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-everything-from-one-computer-to/7d829b7f-8d21-4460-ab92-64de37e0d9cf
  6. Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another

Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another: If I build a new computer and download windows 11 on it. Can i move my retail windows 10 license from my old computer to my new or do I have to buy a new license?...
  7. how do i transfer photos from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i transfer photos from one computer to another: how do I transfer pictures from one computer to another computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-photos-from-one-computer-to/afe8149b-2a36-4fd9-b5b8-3e844345797a
  8. How do I ACTUALLY copy user settings from one device to another (Sync Your Settings)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I ACTUALLY copy user settings from one device to another (Sync Your Settings)?: I've bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and of course I want to copy all of my settings over from my old laptop to the new one to save a lot of time (I'm not worried about the files as I can do those myself, just the settings). I've heard of the "Sync Your Settings" feature but...
  9. How do I uninstall a program from one user but not another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall a program from one user but not another?: Hello everyone, Can someone please tell me how to delete a program on one user but not another? So here's some info about my problem. I have 2 accounts on my computer... one for schoolwork and another for gaming. The schoolwork one is my admin account whereas my gaming...
  10. How do I set one language for the WHOLE system?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set one language for the WHOLE system?: I admit I use Japanese keyboard input by default. It all went well, only that 5 minutes ago the "tablet side" of the Windows 10's schizophrenic mind started to speak japanese... the rest is still in english, its just the apps and the tablet things that appear in japanese now....