Windows 10: How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client?

Discus and support How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've already been to the Custom Default Programs settings, Yahoo! Mail is not listed. I want to be able to use a program not related to a browser, with... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JOSHSKORN, Jan 19, 2016.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client?

I've already been to the Custom Default Programs settings, Yahoo! Mail is not listed. I want to be able to use a program not related to a browser, with an E-mail link, and it automatically send me to a browser with my E-mail so I can start composing the message.

How can I do this on Windows 10?

:)

JOSHSKORN, Jan 19, 2016

2. how do i set up yahoo email as my default account on windows 10

Hi Melissa,

For you to use your preferred email as your default account in Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Open Start menu, and select Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click Email & app accounts and select Add a Microsoft account.
    • Click Create one.
    • And input your preferred email.
    • Click Next.
    • You'll be asked to enter your local user account. Enter the password or leave the field blank if you haven’t set up a password for your account yet and then click
      Next.
    • You will be asked to enter your local user account. Enter the password or leave it blank if you haven’t set up a password for your account and then click
      Next.

If you're using a previous version of Windows 10, follow the steps below:

• Open Start menu, and select Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Click Create one.
    • And input your preferred email.
    • Click Next.
    • You'll be asked to enter your local user account. Enter the password or leave the field blank if you haven’t set up a password for your account yet and then click
      Next.
    • You will be asked to enter your local user account. Enter the password or leave it blank if you haven’t set up a password for your account and then click
      Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 19, 2016
  3. how do i set up yahoo email as my default account on windows 10

how do i set up yahoo email as my default account on windows 10?

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

MELISSA 001, Jan 19, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

Install Yahoo Mail app from Windows store. Once you do that, you'll be able to set that app as your default mail client.

AndreyT, Jan 20, 2016
  5. JOSHSKORN Win User
    What does it mean when you click the download button for an app from the Windows Store and all you see are those dots as if it's loading and it never changes? I have a feeling that the computer that is in question signs on with a local account, not a Microsoft/Hotmail/Outlook account. Could this be the culprit?

I cannot test the above answer until I figure out why it's not downloading.

JOSHSKORN, Jan 20, 2016
  6. AndreyT Win User
    No, it couldn't. You have to be signed into Store with your Microsoft account. But your Windows account can be local, no need to switch to Microsoft sign-in.

AndreyT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I set Yahoo Mail as the Default Email Client? - Similar Threads - set Yahoo Mail

2. Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge: How to make Yahoo Mail the default email client on Windows 7 using Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-yahoo-mail-default-email-client-on-windows-7/3b842612-2aac-4cde-9b41-640caf8eaf57
  3. Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Yahoo Mail default email client on Windows 7 on Edge: How to make Yahoo Mail the default email client on Windows 7 using Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/make-yahoo-mail-default-email-client-on-windows-7/3b842612-2aac-4cde-9b41-640caf8eaf57
  4. How do I set Lotus Notes as my default email client?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set Lotus Notes as my default email client?: HELP! Running Windows 10 Pro. build 19042.928 20H2 Thanks, Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-set-lotus-notes-as-my-default-email/d887ebf3-4479-45bd-8108-95203fb9db66
  5. YAHOO MAIL and email apps

in Browsers and Email
    YAHOO MAIL and email apps: I see from searching there are others who have a problem similar but not the same as mine. For no reason Windows started to report that accounts in the Windows Mail app needed fixing. Google was not affected but Outlook and Yahoo were and many attempts to fix them failed. The...
  6. How can I REALLY set Windows 10 Mail as my default mail client?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I REALLY set Windows 10 Mail as my default mail client?: In Windows 10 Settings I have set the Mail app as my default email client. [ATTACH] However certain applications regard Microsoft Outlook as my default client, such as Adobe Reader: [ATTACH] Also Windows (file) Explorer, Microsoft Office, or the Snipping Tool. How can I...
  7. How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

in Browsers and Email
    How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?: Instead of opening Yahoo and attaching pdf and txt files etc, it'd be good if I could click on the file in Explorer and have yahoo mail open for me there and then. Can this be done? Googling to find out I came across the suggestion I should set a default app for 'send to'...
  8. How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default apps and can i use yahoo mail?: Instead of opening Yahoo and attaching pdf and txt files etc, it'd be good if I could click on the file in Explorer and have yahoo mail open for me there and then. Can this be done? Googling to find out I came across the suggestion I should set a default app for 'send to'...
  9. Chrome assigned as default email? Using Yahoo Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome assigned as default email? Using Yahoo Mail: Novice here. Completely confused btw. Chrome is assigned as default email for W10. Actually using Yahoo Mail on AT&T Web browser. The to the point problem is that I am trying to send a zip file(containing photos) via Yahoo email and I cannot get it to attach to email...
  10. How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?: I can see where one can choose which email client to use as the default in the system settings, but Thunderbird is not listed in the available options. 23340