Windows 10: How do I setup a password in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I setup a password in Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I didn't establish a PIN when I first started Windows after getting my computer repaired. I've since changed the name of the computer from the generic... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pete954, May 10, 2021.

1. pete954 Win User

How do I setup a password in Windows 10?

I didn't establish a PIN when I first started Windows after getting my computer repaired. I've since changed the name of the computer from the generic "Owner" to my name, so I'm now listed as the administrator. I tried going to Settings / Accounts / Sign-in Options, but under "Windows Hello PIN" it simply says "you must add a&n

:)

pete954, May 10, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 10, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 10, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I setup a password in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - setup password

2. Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window: I've been trying to disable logging in using a PIN and eventually to login in using local username and credentials in Windows 11.As a first step, I tried to remove my PIN from my machine, in the settings window.Unfortunately, neither my PIN or password works during changing...
  3. Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PIN, and/or password works during PC login, but not in setup window: I've been trying to disable logging in using a PIN and eventually to login in using local username and credentials in Windows 11.As a first step, I tried to remove my PIN from my machine, in the settings window.Unfortunately, neither my PIN or password works during changing...
  4. Lenovo thinkpad t410 /bios setup utility/security item specific clear all password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lenovo thinkpad t410 /bios setup utility/security item specific clear all password: how to clear all security passwordsLenovo thinkpad t410 /bios setup utility/security item specific clear all password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-bios-setup-utilitysecurity/d1483449-bcf2-4915-9330-79558f53bcc5
  5. Lenovo thinkpad t410 /bios setup utility/security item specific clear all password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo thinkpad t410 /bios setup utility/security item specific clear all password: how to clear all security passwordsLenovo thinkpad t410 /bios setup utility/security item specific clear all password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-bios-setup-utilitysecurity/d1483449-bcf2-4915-9330-79558f53bcc5
  6. Lenovo thinkpad t410 /bios setup utility/security item specific clear all password

7. I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...: I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password instead. There is no option on the screen to use but the PIN.This happened after win 11 upgrade. I contacted Microsoft support online and they have no clue what to do. I wasted two...
  8. I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...

I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password...: I cannot login to my laptop, it is asking me for a pin that I never setup. I use a password instead. There is no option on the screen to use but the PIN.This happened after win 11 upgrade. I contacted Microsoft support online and they have no clue what to do. I wasted two...
  9. I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...: I had to have windows reinstalled on my computer because the windows installation was screwed up. I couldn't get into the Settings window. I couldn't type anything in the search window. I get the computer back and there is no loging pin setup. I'm trying to set that up and it...
  10. I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...

I go to my Microsoft account and setup my password. I try to use that password on my...: I had to have windows reinstalled on my computer because the windows installation was screwed up. I couldn't get into the Settings window. I couldn't type anything in the search window. I get the computer back and there is no loging pin setup. I'm trying to set that up and it...