Windows 10: How do I setup a password in Windows 10?

Discus and support How do I setup a password in Windows 10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I didn't establish a PIN when I first started Windows after getting my computer repaired. I've since changed the name of the computer from the generic... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pete954, May 10, 2021.

1. pete954 Win User

How do I setup a password in Windows 10?

I didn't establish a PIN when I first started Windows after getting my computer repaired. I've since changed the name of the computer from the generic "Owner" to my name, so I'm now listed as the administrator. I tried going to Settings / Accounts / Sign-in Options, but under "Windows Hello PIN" it simply says "you must add a&n

:)

pete954, May 10, 2021
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, May 10, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 10, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I setup a password in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - setup password

2. After a Windows Update. Hello signing asking for USB and 2nd password that not setup.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    After a Windows Update. Hello signing asking for USB and 2nd password that not setup.: I recently reset my Microsoft Store Cache and had a Windows 10 Update. This cause my account to be signed off from my computer's local account.When logging by Hello, it is asking for a USB to confirm my account. I never setup Hello to use any USB sign-in.When doing it by...
  3. If I do a reset this PC, can I setup local user password network share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I do a reset this PC, can I setup local user password network share: I was wanting to share files on the LAN but it requires a password. If I do a reset, sign in with a PIN and my Microsoft account, how can I setup a local user password so that I can share files on the LAN? Lot of work just to do that one thing. Anyone have a step by step?...
  4. How to setup a Windows PC and password for my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to setup a Windows PC and password for my computer: Help steup Windows PC and password for my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-a-windows-pc-and-password-for-my/ec434952-14f9-448f-8890-7079225de80e
  5. If I do a reset this PC, can I setup local user password network share

in Windows 10 Support
    If I do a reset this PC, can I setup local user password network share: I was wanting to share files on the LAN but it requires a password. If I do a reset, sign in with a PIN and my Microsoft account, how can I setup a local user password so that I can share files on the LAN? Lot of work just to do that one thing. Anyone have a step by step?...
  6. Why do I keep getting prompted to setup a sign in password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I keep getting prompted to setup a sign in password?: Every few weeks I get forced to sign in to use my computer and am forced to enter a PIN to continue. I have disabled this multiple times, I have searched for every possible way to do this and it still comes back every few weeks. I don't need a log in on my computer that is in...
  7. Computer UAC password request setup?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Computer UAC password request setup?: How to set up the password prompt in the UAC, so that if someone wants to install something, they have to enter the password from my computer. Computer UAC Passwortabfrage einrichten?
  8. why cant i setup a password? windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why cant i setup a password? windows 10 2004: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/51x79 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gyyn7r/why_cant_i_setup_a_password_windows_10_2004/
  9. Ms account shows desk pc# xx, Setup does not recognize Pin# or Password used originally....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ms account shows desk pc# xx, Setup does not recognize Pin# or Password used originally....: win 7 upgrade to win 10, password changed to Pin # . some problem Ms account, could not verify, added phone, wait 30 days, verified. worked fine for a while. Tried to sign in , or change some thing in Setting, Did not like Pin # ask for Password for local acct? entered...
  10. Can Win10 be installed and setup NOT to need password on bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can Win10 be installed and setup NOT to need password on bootup: I would like to turn my home built computer to go into windows without having to enter a PW. It's win10 Pro. Can that be done? 155991