Windows 10: How do I setup iCloud mail to work with Windows Mail?

Discus and support How do I setup iCloud mail to work with Windows Mail? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 PRO Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 and would like to configure Windows 10 built in Mail and Calendar apps to connect to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GGG444, May 2, 2020.

1. GGG444 Win User

How do I setup iCloud mail to work with Windows Mail?

I am running Windows 10 PRO Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 and would like to configure Windows 10 built in Mail and Calendar apps to connect to my iCloud account but they fail to connect.

I have authenticated Chrome and Edge browsers to work with iCloud and still get an error in Mail that says "attention required".

Does anyone know how to get it to work?

:)

GGG444, May 2, 2020
  2. adambravo Win User

iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Added my iCloud mail account without issues--but it's not visible in the list of accounts. When I try to re-add it, the app says it's already there. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Mail?

adambravo, May 2, 2020
  3. iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Adam,

Have you checked launched he Windows Store (beta) to check for an update to the olMail App?
    Please do that before seeing if the next suggestion helps.

The information on Apple support tells me that the port#s are specific to iCloud servers. The olMail App does verifiy that you have entered the correct credentials to access the server. Maybe there's an issue with the way Windows defined the Server.

That was the other members question - how to set specific server information in the client. Neither of us found where to to that.

Mystere suggested tacking the port # onto the server as shown below. I'm looking around to try and fine where to see this information (registry? Appdata...packages?)
    imap.mail.me.com:993
    smtp.mail.me.com:587
    I haven't test that, though it sounds logical *Wink

It could just be a mismatch in the way you set it up (partial name instead of the full eMail address) or it could be a bug in the way olMail sets up iCloud when you click on that automatic setup link (previous iterations of MS mail clients had a similar bug - the work around was to manually set up the client)

I'll post what I've written so far and come back after some more testing.

Slartybart, May 2, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Windows Mail

Yes, Windows mail (on Vista) is almost identical to Windows Live Mail (which I use here at work on XP), and have multiple accounts set up.

Windows Live Mail has one of the best out-of-the-box spam detectors I have ever seen in an e-mail client, and of course, it's free.

The one thing I like about WLM over Windows Mail on Vista, is that WLM does not use popup box verification when you delete the entire junk mailbox (it does, however, on the deleted mailbox). If I hit the delete key for a whole mailbox, I mean it. Honestly, you don't have to ask me if I am sure about what I am doing.

Kreij, May 2, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I setup iCloud mail to work with Windows Mail? - Similar Threads - setup iCloud mail

2. How do I setup iCloud mail to work with Windows 10 Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I setup iCloud mail to work with Windows 10 Mail?: I need help to add iCloud account to my windows 10 mail, NOT outlook. My Windows is 10x21H2x64bit. here is what I have done so far.1. from Manage Account in Mail, I selected "Add account", then select iCloud2. input my AppleID, Name and App-specific password I also tried my...
  3. How do I setup iCloud mail to work with Windows 10 Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I setup iCloud mail to work with Windows 10 Mail?: I need help to add iCloud account to my windows 10 mail, NOT outlook. My Windows is 10x21H2x64bit. here is what I have done so far.1. from Manage Account in Mail, I selected "Add account", then select iCloud2. input my AppleID, Name and App-specific password I also tried my...
  4. iCloud mail set up on win10 mail

iCloud mail set up on win10 mail: HI , I have a new laptop with win 10 home . I am trying to set up my iCloud mail and BT mail accounts but it just can't find the accounts in the set up box ? I know I am putting in the correct unto date details , with the iCloud account I have set up and tried a App password...
  5. icloud mail

icloud mail: Icloud settings are out of date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail/e173aa3c-35c1-463b-85f1-98182ab910e3
  6. iCloud mail on Windows PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    iCloud mail on Windows PC: I can't get iCloud mail to open on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-mail-on-windows-pc/3d8f57b2-289a-42da-8ea1-e6c2c0273e13
  7. Icloud mail disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icloud mail disappearing: I'm using Windows 10, Chrome browser, and icloud mail. When I send mail, it seems they get sent, but are never received by the persons they are addressed to. No error, no bounce.. they just disappear......
  8. how to setup win10 mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to setup win10 mail: Unable to setup account for win10 mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-win10-mail/f88d1514-3586-4816-8595-3dbc3156fe89
  9. icloud mail

in Browsers and Email
    icloud mail: I am trying to set up my icloud email on my windows 10 laptop. it says attention required, update the password for this account. umm the password i have entered is the same password i use for my icloud account on my iphone and ipad so i dont get what the problem is at all....
  10. How do I get my iCloud e-mail account to work on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I get my iCloud e-mail account to work on Windows 10?: How do I get my icloud e-mail account to work on windows 10? * Original title: I-cloud https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-icloud-e-mail-account-to-work-on/26997191-d1bc-45a9-8d06-c84e071caf10

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forum icloud

2. icloud gmail.com