Windows 10: How do I setup my laptop to automatically power on when I open its lid

Discus and support How do I setup my laptop to automatically power on when I open its lid in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When my laptop is shutted down, I want my laptop to power on whenever I open it’s lid without pressing the power button. For example: When my laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Techy 789, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Techy 789 Win User

How do I setup my laptop to automatically power on when I open its lid

When my laptop is shutted down, I want my laptop to power on whenever I open it’s lid without pressing the power button. For example: When my laptop is in sleep mode, I just open it’s lid and it turns on. Like that only when my laptop is shutted down, it should power on when I just open its lid.
    I have HP 15-ay511tx

:)

Techy 789, Aug 29, 2020

2. Laptop Automatically Turns On when Openning Lid after SHUTDOWN

Hello Ali,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

What is the make and model of your device?

Is it really going to Shutdown state?

Opening a Lid will make PC to wake it from Sleep Mode. I guess the same is happening in your situation. It might be going to sleep mode and opening Lid brings it back from the sleep. Why because, when system goes to complete shutdown, then it won't turn
    on automatically when you open the Lid, until unless you press Power button.

Suggest you to cross the same with the Power options. To go to power options, press Start, type
    Power Options into the search space and select the same from the list.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Aug 29, 2020
  3. My Toshiba laptop automatically turns ON when I open the lid in Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you better, share the information.

- What power option have you set when your laptops' lid is closed? have you set the power option to Sleep or Hibernate?

I Suggest you to check with the Power options. To go to power options, press Start, type Power Options into the search space and select the same from the list, and follow the below steps:

1.On the Select a power plan page, click Choose what closing the lid does.
    2.On the Define power buttons and turn on password protection page, next to When I close the lid, choose what you want your laptop to do, both for when it's running on battery and when it's plugged in.
    3.Click Save changes.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you

Pratiksha Devadiga, Aug 29, 2020
  4. How do I setup my laptop to automatically power on when I open its lid

Laptop Opening lid function

Hi Wilfred,

Thanq so much for replying to my question.

I used the same website and I tried all the guidelines given by them.

But after doing so, when I shut down the laptop, it doesn't switch on when I open the lid. It only switches on once I press the power button.

It would be gr8 if any1 would give me the proper step-by-step guidelines on switching on the laptop by opening the lid.

Thank you,

Vaibhav Pramod

VaibhavPramod, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I setup my laptop to automatically power on when I open its lid

1. How do I setup my laptop to automatically power on when I open its lid - Similar Threads - setup laptop automatically

2. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...: My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off? Its a dell laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-power-on-automatically-without-pressing/5a33e192-f03f-4522-8129-5b42bb1cf305
  3. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...: My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off? Its a dell laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-power-on-automatically-without-pressing/5a33e192-f03f-4522-8129-5b42bb1cf305
  4. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...: Hi,My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off?PC - Lenovo Idea pad 3 - 1155g7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-power-on-automatically-without-pressing/98958007-58d8-4e30-8d8c-7aee1a12cf73
  6. My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...

My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to...: Hi,My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off?PC - Lenovo Idea pad 3 - 1155g7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-power-on-automatically-without-pressing/98958007-58d8-4e30-8d8c-7aee1a12cf73
  7. My laptop windows 11 home power switch on automatically when I open the lid - how to turn...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop windows 11 home power switch on automatically when I open the lid - how to turn...: Hi,My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off?PC - Lenovo Idea pad 3 - 1155g7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-windows-11-home-power-switch-on/98958007-58d8-4e30-8d8c-7aee1a12cf73
  8. My laptop windows 11 home power switch on automatically when I open the lid - how to turn...

My laptop windows 11 home power switch on automatically when I open the lid - how to turn...: Hi,My laptop power on automatically without pressing power button when I open the lid - how to turn it off?PC - Lenovo Idea pad 3 - 1155g7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-windows-11-home-power-switch-on/98958007-58d8-4e30-8d8c-7aee1a12cf73
  9. System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System turns on automatically when i open the lid without power button: I have purchased Laptop Dell Latitude 3510 and it runs Windows 10 . System turns on automatically when i open it without using power button. I have changed few settings under power option but issue still persists. when I open the lid - On battery and Plugged in is set to Do...
  10. My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop automatically turns on when i open the lid.: Hi, I have a ASUS vivobook S-15 530Fn. I'm having two problems with it, When i shut it down and don't put the lid down it automatically turns on again. Another is when I open the lid my laptop automatically turns on.without pressing power button. Now i want to know that is...