Windows 10: How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??

Discus and support How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive?? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i just bought a usb Fladh drive for my birthday today, and i am installing windows10 on to it, so that i can fix the recovery error on my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MorrisWalker cordwell, Sep 16, 2020.

1. How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??

So i just bought a usb Fladh drive for my birthday today, and i am installing windows10 on to it, so that i can fix the recovery error on my other laptop, But i want to make sure that i know what i am doing, Any answers??

My lsptop is: hp 15-bs212xx

64bits

flash drive is Pny, and i got it from Bestbuy.

The laptop that i am using to install the windows10 is a CompaQ

it has 64 bits

:)

MorrisWalker cordwell, Sep 16, 2020
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?

Not completely correct. I've seen USB flash drives that would boot to the blue initial Windows setup screen, but as soon as you tried to go further into the custom install where you would delete partitions to perform a clean install Windows setup has stopped and asked for disk controller drivers to continue.

@win10freak, you can boot the computer from the USB flash drive, click the install now button, skip entering product key if asked, pick which Windows version to install, if asked, then select the Custom Install option. You should be presented a list of hard drives and partitions. When you see that list, you can be 99% certain the USB flash drive is good and you can just pull the USB flash drive out at that point and reboot your computer and nothing will have been affected on it.

As a side note - I would never use Rufus to create the Windows 10 USB flash drive. I've read too many posts about people who have checked the wrong box and gotten a USB flash drive that wouldn't boot. There are much more reliable ways to create Windows 10 installation flash drives that will boot both on legacy BIOS computers and UEFI computers.

NavyLCDR, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive

Hi all,
    Having had a problem using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive Ive decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO and then use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive.
    After downloading Rufus onto my laptop. Is it better to insert the USB flash drive first before running Rufus or should I run the Rufus utility first and only when Rufus is open, then insert the USB flash drive?
    Ive been to the Rufus homepage and there arent any tutorial instructions there at all.
    Ive seen it mentioned on a couple of sites that everything must be done in the correct order or there can be problems. The trouble is ive seen instructions to insert the usb flash drive before running Rufus and also insert the usb flash drive after opening Rufus!!
    Does it make any difference at what point the USB flash drive is inserted or is it irrelevant?
    Thanks

sportsfan148, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Neemobeer Win User

How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??

Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?

Only way that would happen is if they had an unattended.xml file. A straight Windows install USB or Disc won't automatically do anything.

Neemobeer, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??

1. How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive?? - Similar Threads - setup correct options

2. How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?: Hi. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 256 GB flash drive using USB 3.0 and I've tried all of the methods trying to fix it.Every time I connect it to my laptop it disconnects every 30 seconds or less and it freezes certain things. Here are the methods that I used:1. I used the...
  3. How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?: Hi. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 256 GB flash drive using USB 3.0 and I've tried all of the methods trying to fix it.Every time I connect it to my laptop it disconnects every 30 seconds or less and it freezes certain things. Here are the methods that I used:1. I used the...
  4. How do I fix my usb flash?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix my usb flash?: Hello everyone , I have a problem with formatting my USB flash. let me explain...I needed a file from windows 7 and it wasn't anywhere on the internet. So I decided to install windows 7 on my flash device so I could take that file and use it. I started installing it using...
  5. How do I fix my usb flash?

How do I fix my usb flash?: Hello everyone , I have a problem with formatting my USB flash. let me explain...I needed a file from windows 7 and it wasn't anywhere on the internet. So I decided to install windows 7 on my flash device so I could take that file and use it. I started installing it using...
  6. How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i setup The correct options on rufus for my usb flash drive??: So i just bought a usb Fladh drive for my birthday today, and i am installing windows10 on to it, so that i can fix the recovery error on my other laptop, But i want to make sure that i know what i am doing, Any answers???...
  7. Rufus options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rufus options: Hi! I want to reinstall windows 10 and in a video that I watched the guy change the system type in rufus to NTFS. Is it what I should do too? Thanks! submitted by /u/GrFrim- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iduc1v/rufus_options/
  8. Unable to make bootable USB Flash Drive with Rufus 3.1

Unable to make bootable USB Flash Drive with Rufus 3.1: I don't know why but I am unable to make a bootable USB flash drive with Rufus 3.1. I remember doing it successfully a few years back but now I can't. I've watched several tutorial videos on YouTube, but still, it will not work. When I insert the flash drive into my PC or...
  9. No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Option To Eject USB Flash Drive: New Windows 10 Pro install. When I click on the USB icon to eject a flash drive the flash drive shows up, but the option to eject USB flash memory is missing. Windows 10 Issue [img] How it should look, but this is from a Win 7 machine. [img] 100030
  10. Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive: Hi all, Having had a problem using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive Ive decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO and then use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. After downloading Rufus onto my...