Windows 10: how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution?

Discus and support how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution? -- It seems to execute periodically during the day. -- This seems to cause cursor movement to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Buck61, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Buck61 Win User

how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution?

How do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution? -- It seems to execute periodically during the day. -- This seems to cause cursor movement to hesitate and be jerky .

:)

Buck61, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Geekoid Win User

Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

Download Back Up Tools for Windows - MajorGeeks

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Task Scheduler Email Issue

Not at all. I suggested in my previous note that you could schedule this AutoIt script:

1. Take a screenshot
    2. Save it to a temporary file
    3. Generate an E-Mail
    4. Attach the screenshot
    5. Send it to its recipient
    Do you think that AutoIt is unable to execute each of these steps?

Frederik Long, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

I get the following error when trying to setup sytem backup

Hello Dave,

This issue occurs if the scheduled backup task is corrupt. To resolve this issue, I suggest that you follow these steps to modify the registry.

Disclaimer: The steps below includes system registry modification. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Make sure to backup registry first, please refer to this support article:
    How to back up the registry in Windows. Please follow the steps below:

1. Click on Start > type regedit and press
      Enter.
    2. Browse through the following location.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Schedule key and then delete its subkeys.
    3. Save the changes and then exit out of the registry editor.

Update us with results for further help.

Carlo Fer, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. how do I setup Windows Backup schedule for execution? - Similar Threads - setup Backup schedule

2. How to execute the backup file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to execute the backup file: Hello and thanks you for trying to help me.After i update my pc My pc frequently strucked so i used the force shutdown and after turn the pc again i deleted some unwanted softwares from my pc.then it again struck and the same process. When i turn on it again it shown windows...
  3. How to execute the backup file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to execute the backup file: Hello and thanks you for trying to help me.After i update my pc My pc frequently strucked so i used the force shutdown and after turn the pc again i deleted some unwanted softwares from my pc.then it again struck and the same process. When i turn on it again it shown windows...
  4. How to execute the backup file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. In Windows 11, how do I schedule regular system image backups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11, how do I schedule regular system image backups?: Windows 11 seems to be missing the ability to SCHEDULE a regular system image backup using the old Win7 backup and restore system option when that is all you want to do.In Windows 10, you *can* schedule just an image backup, but that option seems to be missing in Win 11.So......
  6. In Windows 11, how do I schedule regular system image backups?

In Windows 11, how do I schedule regular system image backups?: Windows 11 seems to be missing the ability to SCHEDULE a regular system image backup using the old Win7 backup and restore system option when that is all you want to do.In Windows 10, you *can* schedule just an image backup, but that option seems to be missing in Win 11.So......
  7. How to backup and restore task scheduler?

How to backup and restore task scheduler?: I would like to know on how to backup and restore task scheduler in case of handling corrupted fileDoes anyone have any suggestions?Thanks in advance...
  8. How do I schedule a weekly backup to Microsoft OneDrive???

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I schedule a weekly backup to Microsoft OneDrive???: How do I schedule a weekly backup to Microsoft OneDrive??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-schedule-a-weekly-backup-to-microsoft/6a53ed34-e002-4dca-a611-473748037f61
  9. Scheduling backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Scheduling backup: Hi folks I just decided to use File history as a backup for Windows 10. I'm backing up to a 1TB Hard Drive. How can I tell File History to start the backup at a specific time each day when I'm not busy or when the computer is still active? Thanks in advance Bob H 95322
  10. How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I use task scheduler to setup hourly reminders: I want to use task scheduler to setup periodic reminders and since I'd no idea how to do this I googled and tried this but no success. So how do I do this. I'm trying to setup a reminder on a hourly or so basis to do exercises for RSI in my hands. Appreciate any help *Smile...