Windows 10: How do i share a folder across the public internet Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support How do i share a folder across the public internet Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 computers 1 running windows 10 Pro and 1 running windows 10 home I would like to share a folder on the Pro machine and map a drive to it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chriswatson_1032, Jan 21, 2021.

1. How do i share a folder across the public internet Windows 10 Pro

I have 2 computers 1 running windows 10 Pro and 1 running windows 10 home I would like to share a folder on the Pro machine and map a drive to it from the home PC across the public internet. Please help.

:)

chriswatson_1032, Jan 21, 2021

2. sharing Public folder

I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the
    base computer can't be found on the new machine. How do I do this?

DavidWilson505, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Public documents sharing

My question is how do other computers see it as homegroup window does not list public folders?

I know how to put files into public it is the next step that I am not understanding in setting up the network/computers etc to see the public folders.

I have spent a day trying to understand/working out how to do this it is not obvious as the homegroup page only shows library folders that I do not want to share.

So how do I get the homegroup to show public folders?

peterprewett, Jan 21, 2021
  4. How do i share a folder across the public internet Windows 10 Pro

Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

How do i share a folder across the public internet Windows 10 Pro

1. How do i share a folder across the public internet Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - share folder across

2. Sharing Public Folders on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Public Folders on windows 10: I have asked this before and have not received any replies. I'll try again. I have spent over 6 hours on this issue and have read and tried all the standard file/folder sharing solutions. I have a basic WIRED home network. 3 dell computers, 2 running windows 10 pro and 1...
  3. How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Everybody with a Windows 10 computer would have noticed sometimes that the Windows operating […] This article How to turn ON or OFF Public Folder sharing on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. How To Share Pictures Folder Across the Lan?

How To Share Pictures Folder Across the Lan?: I have shared my e: drive okay but when I tried to set 'pictures' to shared it didn't work. The folder doesn't show up. Would it be because I didn't select any specific users? I didn't do that with the e: drive either and it didn't matter. And while I"m here I might ask...
  5. sharing folders across Users

sharing folders across Users: Windows 10 I used to prev PC be able to access a folder on C:\Users\David\Desktop from a shortcut on C:\Users\Ben\Desktop. David is the Admin. Now I can't. I added Admin Rights to Users/Ben but that didn't work. When I bring up the Shortcut on Ben's Desktop, and...
  6. Sharing a Folder across Users

Sharing a Folder across Users: I used to be able but I can’t now: make a shortcut on a second user’s Desktop referencing a folder on the primary User’s Desktop. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-a-folder-across-users/3e8581f2-bb06-4e40-bba3-58be71eff3b5
  7. How to share a public read only folder

How to share a public read only folder: I have Hotmail and Office 365 Personal, and use OneDrive. . I would like to create a public read-only folder. . Also, I would like to create a public read-write folder. . The rest should be only accessible by me. . Is there a special, public PUBLIC OneDrive share URL...
  8. Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?

Sharing on "Public" Network in Windows 10 Pro?: Is it indeed possible to share files over a "public" network among computers in the same workgroup? If so, are there special tricks to pull this off? I have been advised elsewhere that, "[Microsoft] have broken networking in Windows 10" and that, "if you choose a Public...
  9. How to share folder across for computers on a network

How to share folder across for computers on a network: We have gotten a MyBook for shared file access in our office, how can we provide full permissions to all users in the office? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-share-folder-across-for-computers-on-a/ae610736-ac18-4c5f-b109-97f4af526018"
  10. sharing Public folder

sharing Public folder: I have upgraded an old Vista machine to W10. The old machine can read the shared Public folder on my base computer (W10). The new W10 computer can't find the Public folder. I've made all the suggested settings for sharing, but the Public folder from the base computer can't be...