Windows 10: How do I share everything between two laptops?

Discus and support How do I share everything between two laptops? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two laptops both running Windows 10 and I need to be able to access ALL data from either one via WiFi. One laptop is my main one that I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jayhawk714, Nov 7, 2015.

1. How do I share everything between two laptops?

I have two laptops both running Windows 10 and I need to be able to access ALL data from either one via WiFi. One laptop is my main one that I use everyday in my house. The other laptop I need to use is in my workshop, however, I need to be able to access all data/links/bookmarks/files from the one I use in the house. Can this be done????? If so how????

:)

jayhawk714, Nov 7, 2015

2. Sharing stuff on a homegroup

I am a novice at this. I created a homegroup (what is it?) for my two home computers. How do I share files between them?

TimAve'Lallemant, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Homegroup with Windows 10 and 7 computers

,Hello

.I want to make a homegroup of two computers connected to a modem

.One computer has Windows 10 and the other has Windows 7

?How do I do file sharing between the two computers

!Thank's for your help

AmitBenZur, Nov 7, 2015
  4. UKMedia Win User

How do I share everything between two laptops?

Hi

Probably the best way would be via Remote Desktop.

- On your House Laptop, type Remote Desktop in the search bar and select 'Allow Remote Connections' (You can restrict Users at this point, as well if required
    - On your Workshop Laptop, also type Remote Desktop in the search bar but select Remote Desktop Connection;
    - Type the name of the House laptop, User Name and Password and you will be able to access and control your House laptop.

Regards

UKMedia, Nov 7, 2015
  5. chideock Win User
    If you are connected through a router in your house then you should be able to share folders on each computer.

chideock, Nov 7, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    In addition to the above, is the laptop in your workshop going to be left turned on?

If it is, and you have Windows 10 Pro (on the PC you want to connect to, not from) you can use remote desktop. If you have Windows 10 Home you can use TeamViewer). Either will let you control the other computer. Sharing folders over the network will let you browse files.

If it is asleep though your going to need to wake it up before either of method will work. Assuming your laptop supports it (most do) you can use Wake on Lan (See How-To Geek Explains: What is Wake-on-LAN and How Do I Enable It?). There are various small apps you can use to send the command to wake up the remote computer - I use this one Wake On Lan.

If it is turned off though you'll have to go and turn it on.

Another option is to sign onto both with the same MS account (this will sync links and bookmarks) and sync files you have put in your OneDrive folder (this can include your documents, photos, downloads folders etc if you wish). It will not let you get everything but will work even if the other computer is turned off (and you'd have a copy on both laptops and in the cloud in case of losing one or both).

lx07, Nov 7, 2015
  7. I want to thank all of you for help! I thought linking was going to be a pain, however, that seems not be the case. Once again THANK YOU all!!!!!!!

jayhawk714, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do I share everything between two laptops?

1. How do I share everything between two laptops? - Similar Threads - share everything between

2. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  3. Unable to network file share between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to network file share between two laptops: System information: HP Omen 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 22H2HP Notebook - Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2Both Accounts on each system are live and not local accounts. HP Omen network path is \\VINCE\HP Notebook network path is...
  4. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  5. Network sharing between two laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network sharing between two laptops: I'm trying to connect access two laptops Windows 11 and Windows 10 together under the same network but keep getting the Network Credentials prompt. I've tried entering the correct user/password to no avail? All permissions in Network Sharing are correct. Any suggestions?...
  6. How do I share folders or drives using Windows 10 between my two laptops?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I share folders or drives using Windows 10 between my two laptops?: I have tried multiple times trying to share my files or drive using the Network Sharing, etc. but it won't work. Also I have no idea what my username and password is for my Network connection dialog box that pops up. I have looked at YouTube videos, etc. to no avail. If...
  7. How do I stop file sharing on between my two windows computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop file sharing on between my two windows computers: I have a pc and a laptop. I use the laptop for school stuff such as writing essays and whatnot and I use my pc for gaming. Whenever I download a game on my pc it also downloads onto my laptop and whenever I save a file on my laptop it goes to my pc as well. How do I stop this...
  8. How Do I Sync Between Two Laptops

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Sync Between Two Laptops: Other people on this list are either having trouble or the post is fairly dated. I was wondering if someone could tell me the correct steps to sync between two laptops. I want them to stay in sync all the time but I don't want to sync with OneDrive. I have searched with Bing...
  9. Sharing information between two laptops

Sharing information between two laptops: Hello, There are two laptops in different rooms. Can I share information between them? If so, how? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-information-between-two-laptops/e0607e52-68af-4786-8fbf-e9a712d40e43
  10. Share Data Between the two Computers

Share Data Between the two Computers: I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between the two computers \ I have two computers on a private network. I need to share data between them. Some times I can see both computers and sometimes I cant. [Original Title: Roy]...