Windows 10: How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium

Discus and support How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had an Asus laptop which shared everything with my Desktop (both on W7 Home Premium) - no problems setting up or using. I replaced the Asus with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Graham H Nelson, Jun 8, 2019.

1. How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium

I had an Asus laptop which shared everything with my Desktop (both on W7 Home Premium) - no problems setting up or using. I replaced the Asus with a W10 laptop and I have gone through the sharing process on both machines. When I try the access the W7 from W10 I get a message saying I do not have permission. Similarly W10 from W7. HELP

:)

Graham H Nelson, Jun 8, 2019
  2. jagsrus Win User

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

Greg,

I tried following the link you sent but my problem is I have my desktop on W10 (W1803) and Laptop on W7 (Home Premium).

While both are on the network they will not share folders and I get the "permissions" window when I try..

My laptop W7 does have a home group but my Desktop W10 has a "Private" setting.

These two machine just not sharing to each other.

Anything else would be helpful.

Seem like I shouldn't be the only one with this issue.

Thanks,

Dana

jagsrus, Jun 8, 2019
  3. BobiJoBJ Win User
    W7 to W10 upgrade

I have tried to upgrade to W10 home premium from my 64-bit W7 home premium operating system on my laptop. I checked that I meet all requirements and have tried everything anyone ever suggested. I wasted 2 days in December 2015, and still failed.

I had no problem in March 2016 upgrading my desktop W7 Ultimate to W10, so I thought I might try again to upgrade my W7 home premium.

I have now wasted another 2 days in March trying to upgrade the laptop. Either it is a problem with my laptop that the Windows Update Trouble-Shooter does not find, or W7 Home Premium (64) will not upgrade to W10. I give up.

BobiJoBJ, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Gunnerb47 Win User

How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium

w7 home premium to W10 on crashed drive

I have a W7 home premium drive has crashed unreadable

Error code 0f00:0650 1TB drive

Disk-dst Self test read error

errpr code 440:011a

scsi_0)000_disk_generic_sd/mmc- target not ready

I am thinking hard drive dead.

Question is once I install new hard drive do I need to reinstall W7 home premium In order to get the W10 upgrade, Or is there a way I can just enter my W7 code in and download W10?

Gunnerb47, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium

1. How do I share files/folders between W10 and W7 Home Premium - Similar Threads - share files folders

2. Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop: I have an upto date W10 desktop which can see and work with files on a W7 laptop. The W7 laptop can see the desktop under the Network but when I try to access it, I am asked for a username and password to connect to the desktop. However I do not have a password for the...
  3. Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop: I have an upto date W10 desktop which can see and work with files on a W7 laptop. The W7 laptop can see the desktop under the Network but when I try to access it, I am asked for a username and password to connect to the desktop. However I do not have a password for the...
  4. Sharing W10 files and folders with a W7 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's

in Windows 10 Customization
    sharing files between W7 & W10 pc's: I have literally spent a full week trying to get my W7 & W10 pc's sharing. I have read thru dozens of online articles, none of which are helpful. I don't want to share individual files & folders... I want to share everything between these two pc's as I transition from W7 to...
  6. Dell Inspiron 1545 Update From W7 Home Premium to W10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell Inspiron 1545 Update From W7 Home Premium to W10 Home: Can a Dell Inspiron 1545, currently running Windows 7 Home Premium be updated to Windows 10 Home? Last month I unearthed a long forgotten Dell Inspiron 1545 from the back of a cabinet at my church. I was able to hack the unit (the person who donated it is no longer with us...
  7. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...
  8. display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display problems after W10 upgrade from W7 home premium;: Have twice tried to go to W10 from W7 home premium (64 bit)on my gateway DX4300 w AMD phenom II X64 2.60 GHz and 8GB RAM. Integrated ATI Radeon 3200HD graphics. Both times same problems. 1. Display no longer fills entire monitor screen and I cannot find a scaling adjustment...
  9. Slow LAN access to shared folders w7 > w10

Slow LAN access to shared folders w7 > w10: Hello. I have an older PC (Phenom 1, crappy nForce chipset) that was running slow under Win7. I have installed Win10 from scratch (x64) and it's running better but when trying to access some shared folders with another Win10 computer, it takes a long time and it usually...
  10. W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Home x64 (via upgrade W7 Home Premium) upgrade to W10 Pro by DVD: Windows 10 Home x64 in use. This W10 is activated after upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home with a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro DVD and a valid key ? The current Windows 10 Home x64 has applications...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. w7 and w10 file sharing

2. how to access files and foldrs on w7 machine from a w10 machine

3. update w7 to w10 stay same files?

4. file sharing windows 10 and 7 home premium