Windows 10: How do I share IE favorites between 2 users on the same computer?

Discus and support How do I share IE favorites between 2 users on the same computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have multiple accounts on a computer with Windows 10. I would like to share IE favorites (or at least copy them) from one user with another user.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HowardCheng2, Nov 22, 2018.

1. How do I share IE favorites between 2 users on the same computer?

I have multiple accounts on a computer with Windows 10. I would like to share IE favorites (or at least copy them) from one user with another user.

:)

HowardCheng2, Nov 22, 2018

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Unable to import favorites from Interner Explorer to edge in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Check Favorites folder in User profile.

• Open C: Drive.

• Select User.

• Select user profile.

• Click on Favorites.

• If you’re able to see the favorites list, then you will be able to import the Favorites from there.
    Step 2: Import Favorites from folder or from browser.

• Open the Microsoft EDGE browser.

• Click on Favorites.

• Select Favorites settings.

• Click on Import.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arun B J, Nov 22, 2018
  4. How do I share IE favorites between 2 users on the same computer?

Sharing my favorites

Hi Edward,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Welcome to Windows 10 family. Please provide us following information:

1) Are you reffering to favorites in Internet Explorer or something else?

2) If this is about browsers, which browser are you referring to?

I would suggest you follow the steps and check.

Just run this %userprofile%\Favorites from the run command create a folder on the pc which has the favorites then have the other computers on the network access that folder and then copy and paste to that computers favorites
    folder. Rinse and repeat for each computer on the network.

Create a new folder:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Create-a-new-folder

Or you can create a bookmark on the computer that has all the favorites then on the other computer have them import then navigate to wherever you saved the bookmark to.You cannot synchronize the favorite’s folder on one computer to another
    it would have to manually done.

Share files and folders over the network:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/share-files-folders

Hope this information helps. Please post us if you have any issue with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

How do I share IE favorites between 2 users on the same computer?

1. How do I share IE favorites between 2 users on the same computer? - Similar Threads - share favorites between

2. How does file sharing between 2 different accounts on the same computer work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How does file sharing between 2 different accounts on the same computer work: If I bought a game on one account, would I have to redownload it on the other account so they both have it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-file-sharing-between-2-different-accounts/ff35cb15-9729-4f43-9c29-70382f64ac0c
  3. File sharing between 2 computers

File sharing between 2 computers: File sharing between 2 computers used to be easy when Homegroup was available! How do I file/folder share between 2 computers using Windows 10? If I right click on a folder> Give Access to > Homegroup is not accessible. If I select "specific people" > Add it tells me this...
  4. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers: I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my school computer whenever I next use it. How can I stop this from happening....
  5. Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing documents between 2 users on a laptop: Ho w do you share all the documents between 2 different family member accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-documents-between-2-users-on-a-laptop/c57adc3b-51a5-47c3-bfc3-de3a70e7fa74
  6. Sharing Apps between accounts on the same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing Apps between accounts on the same computer: Longtime Windows users but first time owner. I purchased a laptop as a family computer and created an admin account for myself and added my kids. I first installed CHROME free 3rd party and then went to the app store and downloaded MINECRAFT paid for in app store. CHROME,...
  7. How to transfer files between 2 OS's on same computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer files between 2 OS's on same computer: I have recently installed Windows 10 64bit onto a new HD and i was trying to copy files from my old 32bit HD onto it. I have tried two different methods. First starting on the new drive. I access the old drive and simply attempt a copy paste. However i am never even able to...
  8. How do I get the "Favorites Bar" 2 display on top of MS EDGE like IE?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I get the "Favorites Bar" 2 display on top of MS EDGE like IE?: I have to many favorites and I do not like having to have them displayed on the side. I like edge but its current way of displaying favorites renders it useless for me. I want to use it because the newer browsers display web video better, but I don't know how to use it right...
  9. IE favorites

in Browsers and Email
    IE favorites: In build 10130, I have been deleting unwanted favourites, they end up in the recycle bin and are then deleted. Next time I switch on the pc, the unwanted favourites have reappeared. What am I doing wrong? 7414
  10. problem sharing files between computers on the same network

problem sharing files between computers on the same network: I just bought a new Windows 10 laptop, and I have (successfully) connected/shared my old Windows 7 laptop to my Windows 10 laptop (via an Ethernet cable) so that I can copy files from the old to the new. An odd problem has occurred: When attempting to copy some folders (e.g.,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sharing favorites between users

2. how to share favorites between users