Windows 10: How do I show hidden process that eat up high CPU Usage on my Windows

Discus and support How do I show hidden process that eat up high CPU Usage on my Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a great experience on my windows 10, this exactly different than older windows. We can see the other users on task manager (check box) on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SpyEveryWhere, Apr 9, 2019.

1. How do I show hidden process that eat up high CPU Usage on my Windows

I had a great experience on my windows 10, this exactly different than older windows.
    We can see the other users on task manager (check box) on Windows 7 but here I can't find anything that will make it shows the other users using this CPU. It eat up 20%+ my cpu usage!

Here's the pics:

How do I show hidden process that eat up high CPU Usage on my Windows [​IMG]

Please help *Smile

:)

SpyEveryWhere, Apr 9, 2019

2. High CPU usage

Hi Tusar,

The Task manager shows high CPU usage for core Windows process which can be used by other application. In order find out which applications might be using more resources through these services, I would suggest you to open 'Resource monitor' and check. In
    task manager, go to the 'Performance' tab and click on the option 'Open Resource monitor' option at the bottom. Click on the CPU tab and then select the processes which showed high CPU usage in task manager. No expand the 'Services', associated handles section
    and post us a screenshot so that we can check the details and help you accordingly.

In the meantime, I would also suggest you to boot the PC in safe mode and check if the issue persists. Refer to this article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Bennet Martin, Apr 9, 2019
  3. HendryHu Win User
    High CPU Usage Null Process

There was high CPU usage even if there is nothing going on and when I checked Task Manager, a "null" process with the blue cog icon was using 50%~90% of my CPU. When I try to end the process, it prompted me with the "If you end this process, Windows will
    shut down or stop working" warning. I did and Windows rebooted. The problem seemed to be solved but few hours later it came back.

I right clicked the process and went to details, it just showed be svhost.exe, but no description. The file location is completely normal. There are other service hosts that are running normally. I checked all the forums and found no help.

Also something to note: Sometimes, it just displays high CPU usage and the fans doesn't even turn on.

HendryHu, Apr 9, 2019
  4. deadalos Win User

How do I show hidden process that eat up high CPU Usage on my Windows

"System" process with high CPU usage

I have exactly the same issue (high CPU usage) on a brand new HP ProBook 440 G5 (i7-8550U, pre-installed Win 10 Pro).

I am pretty sure that there is a problem with audio drivers when the computer wakes up from a sleep mode. I first observed that process flow.exe (audio bloatware provided by HP/Conexant) was consuming (after waking up) ~10–15 % CPU. Here's what I did:

• I have updated Windows to 1709, build 16229.251 and installed all updates --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have updated BIOS to the latest version provided by HP. --> Nothing has changed.
    • I have run Windows troubleshooting and HP Support Assistant checks --> No problems found, nothing has changed
    • I have manually updated Conexant ISST Audio Drivers (via Device Manager -> Update drivers). Windows installed a newer version. -->
      CPU usage by flow.exe has disappeared, but process called System in thread ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 started consuming ~20 % CPU.
    • I have uninstalled all Conexant software&drivers and manually installed generic High Definition Audio Device drivers provided by Microsoft (Driver Date: 21.02.2018). --> ACPI.sys+0x21cb0 still consumes ~20 % CPU.

Same issues are discussed in these threads on HP site:

The result is I cannot use sleep mode (as advised by this post:
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/ProBook-450-with-high-CPU-usage/m-p/6611446/highlight/true#M149605
    ).

deadalos, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I show hidden process that eat up high CPU Usage on my Windows

1. How do I show hidden process that eat up high CPU Usage on my Windows - Similar Threads - show hidden process

2. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  3. High System Process CPU Usage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High System Process CPU Usage.: Hello, I have an issue, with my computer, for some reason, even after restarting it, the system proccess uses my cpu from 10% to 25%Any ideas why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-system-process-cpu-usage/6a2d10fe-d652-40ea-a6f8-99412bb0b8f0
  4. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  5. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden process eating all RAM: Hello,for starters i have 10GB of RAM, Windows Defender says there is no Virus + i did an ESET Scan. I tried updating drivers, searching for ways to fix on internet but none of them seemed to have the same problemI have this problem for about 2 days where my PC progressively...
  6. Hidden process eating all RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. system process high cpu usage

system process high cpu usage: so i went to task manager and i saw system process has high cpu usage and it was after when i connected 2 monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-process-high-cpu-usage/f6b03902-5c5d-45ad-a4b1-3087455f1c83
  8. Unnamed and System processes eat up to 60% of my CPU

Unnamed and System processes eat up to 60% of my CPU: Recently, I noticed that the "System" process and another unnamed process started using a lot of my CPU, which they didn't untill last weekend. [ATTACH] When I thought of ending the unnamed task, I opened it's location and it appeared to be svchost.exe, so I didn't end it...
  9. Very high CPU usage (processes not adding up)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very high CPU usage (processes not adding up): This morning, I was playing Minecraft, and I noticed my computer fan suddenly getting higher in pitch. I went into Task Manager and noticed that the CPU usage was always above 70%, but there were no processes using more than 10% (Normally the game uses about 30-40%, but I had...
  10. 'System' process high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    'System' process high CPU usage: Hello, Since the past 3-4 days the process called 'System' has been constantly using approximately 35% of my CPU. The usage is pretty much constant all the time. Below you can find screenshots from task manager, resource monitor and process explorer. In the past I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hidden process using cpu

2. hidden proceses eating cpu