Windows 10: How do I "show" Microsoft Store where my installed games are?

Discus and support How do I "show" Microsoft Store where my installed games are? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Previously had Forza Horizon 4 installed on my Windows 10 PC on a hard drive. Did a Windows reinstall today and now the game doesn't show. I know it's... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by BelaKuballa, Jan 2, 2021.

1. How do I "show" Microsoft Store where my installed games are?

Previously had Forza Horizon 4 installed on my Windows 10 PC on a hard drive. Did a Windows reinstall today and now the game doesn't show. I know it's still on my drive because it occupies space in the stupid inaccessable "WindowsApps" folder.
    Other "game launchers" like steam, battle.net, rockstar launcher offer a feature that searches drives on the PC for installed games. Windows Store doesn't seem to have it.
    I'd simply reinstall the game, but i can't delete the old folder where the game is in, and i can't install the game again on the same drive because literally nothing happens when i click install after selecting the drive it clearly has enough space btw.
    Why isn't the Microsoft Store simply better? Why can't I access my own folders? Why can't I install the game?

:)

BelaKuballa, Jan 2, 2021

2. Microsoft Store installation list is not showing up, Unable to install game.

Hello,

I have a issue with my PC not showing up in Microsoft Store install list, when I want to install a game. The thing that confuses me is that, when I log into Microsoft account and look under devices, I can see my PC and laptop there. But when I want to install
    the game, it only shows the laptop device.

I have tried many things already.

• I am logged in with Microsoft account into the PC,
    • I restarted the PC many times,
    • When I run the Microsoft Store troubleshooter it says: "Can't connect to the sync service",
    • I tried this in CMD as admin: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, SFC /scannow,
    • my PC has latest updates,
    • all the sync settings are enabled.

The game I'm trying to install is Forza Motorsport 7, there is a free trial.

Thanks for the help

***Modified Title from: My PC is not showing in the Microsoft Store install list***

JanVerderber, Jan 2, 2021
  3. Minecraft installation in Microsoft store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install Minecraft in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?
    • Does this issue occur for all games & apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the game.

Step 1: Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and then try installing the game.

Step 4: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and check, refer this article to

create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 2, 2021
  4. How do I "show" Microsoft Store where my installed games are?

Trying to install games from Microsoft Store on Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestions. I've tried each of these, with no results. I would also like to note that on the Microsoft Store app, in my library, the game is listed, however, no option to install it is given.

TheSauce05, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

How do I "show" Microsoft Store where my installed games are?

1. How do I "show" Microsoft Store where my installed games are? - Similar Threads - show Microsoft Store

2. Where do microsoft store games download?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do microsoft store games download?: I cannot locate a game I downloaded from the Microsoft Store Sniper fury. I search everywhere I knew. I googled and it appears this is not a new issue. Most people had no solution.It was a 3.5 gigabyte file. Where is it?...
  3. Where do microsoft store games download?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where do microsoft store games download?: I cannot locate a game I downloaded from the Microsoft Store Sniper fury. I search everywhere I knew. I googled and it appears this is not a new issue. Most people had no solution.It was a 3.5 gigabyte file. Where is it?...
  4. How do I install the Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I install the Microsoft Store?: I have had this computer for a few months and only recently I found out that the store isn't installed on my computer. I have gone down the rabbit hole of looking for answers, but none have worked yet. I have installed the latest software update, I have tried going through...
  5. How do I install the Microsoft Store?

How do I install the Microsoft Store?: I have had this computer for a few months and only recently I found out that the store isn't installed on my computer. I have gone down the rabbit hole of looking for answers, but none have worked yet. I have installed the latest software update, I have tried going through...
  6. How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?: I am trying to download forza horizon 5 123gb and it said that I needed to free up drive space but I wanted to install it to a different drive. I found a different page which told me how to change default save locations and it did not work. I keep getting the same "free up...
  7. How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?

How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?: I am trying to download forza horizon 5 123gb and it said that I needed to free up drive space but I wanted to install it to a different drive. I found a different page which told me how to change default save locations and it did not work. I keep getting the same "free up...
  8. How do I install Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I install Microsoft Store: So every time I try to open Microsoft store it doesn't open so imp trying to reinstall it and I tried the PowerShell method and the loading bar gets stuck so now I don't know what to do....
  9. Cannot change where games are installed on Microsoft Store

Cannot change where games are installed on Microsoft Store: Hello, I am trying to install a game I just bought on Microsoft Store, however my C drive is full and Microsoft store does not give me the option to pick my D drive. I went into settings and changed the default drive that apps install to to my D drive, but it still does not...
  10. How do I install Microsoft Store

How do I install Microsoft Store: "Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$$_.InstallLocation\AppXManifest.xml"" does not work on Powershell sadly...