Windows 10: How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management?

Discus and support How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] [img] (what my recovery partition contains, am I missing a file?) I copied the recovery partition over to another block of unallocated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KingDecimator, Sep 13, 2016.

1. How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management?

How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management? [​IMG]

(what my recovery partition contains, am I missing a file?)

I copied the recovery partition over to another block of unallocated space since it was in the way of a partition I wanted to merge with my Windows partition.

After doing that, Disk Management displayed "Primary Partition" instead of "Recovery Partition".

How do I get it to show "Recovery Partition"? I re-registered WindowsRE using reagentc /setreimage, I even obtained new files for WinRE from the install.wim in my ESD folder, used 450 MB on the dot, and I tried this diskpart script:

Code: rem == HideRecoveryPartitions-UEFI.txt select disk 0 select partition 3 remove set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001[/quote] It still displays "Primary Partition". All I want is for Disk Management to identify the partition as the Recovery Partition.

Also, what is the default PBRImage Location (the one that uses install.wim, not winre.wim) for Windows 10? I'm currently using a custom one, but I'm curious of the default one.

:)

KingDecimator, Sep 13, 2016

2. Unknown volume on "This PC".

I thought of that due to the size, but Disk Management shows it as a no file system partition and 100% free, while Explorer shows it as an NTFS partition with about 20% free. And if File Manager had for some reason I cannot fantom assigned a letter to the
    partition, wouldn't disk management reflect that?

JoaodeSouza, Sep 13, 2016
  3. recovery disk

When I try to create a recovery disk, it processes until near the end. It then shows an error "Invalid destination" and terminates the process. How do I create the recovery disk

JeroldMalina, Sep 13, 2016
  4. How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management?

So despite my computer being able to boot into a UEFI-environment, I had to use a BIOS-environment script to get the desired result.

Code: rem == HideRecoveryPartitions-BIOS.txt select disk 0 select partition 3 set id=27 remove list volume exit[/quote]

This topic can now be locked.

KingDecimator, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management?

1. How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management? - Similar Threads - show Recovery Partition

2. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  3. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  4. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management: In the screenshot below, you can see the highlighted partition on Disk 0 is not showing as a healthy recovery partition and is not shown listed above. This is a cloned Windows 10 installation taken from Disk 1 now labeled storage.However, in diskpart, disk 0, partition 4 of...
  5. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management: In the screenshot below, you can see the highlighted partition on Disk 0 is not showing as a healthy recovery partition and is not shown listed above. This is a cloned Windows 10 installation taken from Disk 1 now labeled storage.However, in diskpart, disk 0, partition 4 of...
  6. Recovery Partition not showing as such in disk management

7. Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management: See attached screenshot.Background - I replaced the original NVMe with a larger one, by cloning the original C: drive to the new NVMe. Everything appears to be working correctly - the system boots, etc. The usage of the Recovery Partition also appears correct. However, in the...
  8. Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management

Recovery Partition Not Showing As "Healthy" in Computer Management: See attached screenshot.Background - I replaced the original NVMe with a larger one, by cloning the original C: drive to the new NVMe. Everything appears to be working correctly - the system boots, etc. The usage of the Recovery Partition also appears correct. However, in the...
  9. How do I verify recovery partitions after disk cloning?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How do I verify recovery partitions after disk cloning?: I have a new MSI Codex R desktop. It came with a 500 Gb SATA SSD as the only drive and Windows 10 was installed in the system partition. The drive had five partitions (one for the OS, one for data, one for windows recovery partition and one for a bios recovery partition at...
  10. Disk partition not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk partition not showing up in disk management: I installed a windows 10 update yesterday and now I have lost my D and E drive and all of the data that was on there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and 3 others that are called disk 0 partition 1, 4 and 5. When I go into file...