Windows 10: How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management?

Discus and support How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] [img] (what my recovery partition contains, am I missing a file?) I copied the recovery partition over to another block of unallocated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KingDecimator, Sep 13, 2016.

1. How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management?

How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management? [​IMG]

(what my recovery partition contains, am I missing a file?)

I copied the recovery partition over to another block of unallocated space since it was in the way of a partition I wanted to merge with my Windows partition.

After doing that, Disk Management displayed "Primary Partition" instead of "Recovery Partition".

How do I get it to show "Recovery Partition"? I re-registered WindowsRE using reagentc /setreimage, I even obtained new files for WinRE from the install.wim in my ESD folder, used 450 MB on the dot, and I tried this diskpart script:

Code: rem == HideRecoveryPartitions-UEFI.txt select disk 0 select partition 3 remove set id=de94bba4-06d1-4d40-a16a-bfd50179d6ac gpt attributes=0x8000000000000001[/quote] It still displays "Primary Partition". All I want is for Disk Management to identify the partition as the Recovery Partition.

Also, what is the default PBRImage Location (the one that uses install.wim, not winre.wim) for Windows 10? I'm currently using a custom one, but I'm curious of the default one.

:)

KingDecimator, Sep 13, 2016

2. Unknown volume on "This PC".

I thought of that due to the size, but Disk Management shows it as a no file system partition and 100% free, while Explorer shows it as an NTFS partition with about 20% free. And if File Manager had for some reason I cannot fantom assigned a letter to the
    partition, wouldn't disk management reflect that?

JoaodeSouza, Sep 13, 2016
  3. recovery disk

When I try to create a recovery disk, it processes until near the end. It then shows an error "Invalid destination" and terminates the process. How do I create the recovery disk

JeroldMalina, Sep 13, 2016
  4. How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management?

So despite my computer being able to boot into a UEFI-environment, I had to use a BIOS-environment script to get the desired result.

Code: rem == HideRecoveryPartitions-BIOS.txt select disk 0 select partition 3 set id=27 remove list volume exit[/quote]

This topic can now be locked.

KingDecimator, Sep 13, 2016
Thema:

How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management?

1. How do I show "(Recovery Partition)" in Disk Management? - Similar Threads - show Recovery Partition

2. Disk partition not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk partition not showing up in disk management: I installed a windows 10 update yesterday and now I have lost my D and E drive and all of the data that was on there. When I go into disk management the only drive that shows up is the C drive and 3 others that are called disk 0 partition 1, 4 and 5. When I go into file...
  3. Unformatted disk-Partition recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Unformatted disk-Partition recovery: So I screwed up. One of my drives that has all my music in it is showing as unformatted and I cannot access it now. There’s a lot of software out there but does anyone know of a program that will recover the partition back to the way it was? I have 300 GB of music in...
  4. how do i make a password recovery disk?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i make a password recovery disk?: as stated above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-password-recovery-disk/05e0db69-38bf-463a-8488-c5bee38cdcde"
  5. how do i create two dynamic partitions using Windows 10 disk management?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do i create two dynamic partitions using Windows 10 disk management?: I wish to have a second dynamic partition. What software for Windows 10 will allow me to perform this disk management operation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-two-dynamic-partitions-using/d405c33b-4bbe-4b78-bf4e-1e14374c5e52
  6. Disk manager disk partition with 3.77gb storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk manager disk partition with 3.77gb storage: Hello everyone. Please help . What is it? How can I delete it? I used different ways to get rid off from this but couldnot. I used diskpart command cleaned it, created new partition,deleted it formatted but could not remove from list. I can create from this partition,...
  7. partitions in Macrium & Disk Management

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    partitions in Macrium & Disk Management: I've attached a photo showing my hard drive partitions from Macrium (after selecting "Create an image of the partitions required to backup and restore Windows") and also from Disk Management in Windows 10. 1) What is the 16MB Unformatted Primary partition in Macrium...
  8. How do I delete recovery partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I delete recovery partition: How do I delete recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-delete-recovery-partition/2d5149e9-f57b-4d4d-8dab-ce804f20a3d4
  9. Hide system partition that shows in explorer but NOT disk management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hide system partition that shows in explorer but NOT disk management: After installing Windows 10 (upgrade from 8.1) and after a second reboot, the 100MB "SYSTEM" partition shows up in Explorer as the f: drive. It cannot be hidden in Explorer - "Hide Selected Items" - prompts for administrator permission then Error 'the parameter is incorrect'....
  10. Do I need 3 recovery partitions.

in Windows 10 Support
    Do I need 3 recovery partitions.: Hi, I have 3 recovery partitions (see screen below). Recently, I created a recovery drive, installation media and Image Backup + rescue media using Macrium Reflect onto a external hard drive and FD's. I cannot identify the creation date of these partitions. I would...