Windows 10: How do I show results without hitting enter in File Explorer search bar?!

Discus and support How do I show results without hitting enter in File Explorer search bar?! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/mytommy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g5b3fs/how_do_i_show_results_without_hitting_enter_in/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mytommy, Apr 21, 2020.

1. How do I show results without hitting enter in File Explorer search bar?!

/u/mytommy, Apr 21, 2020

2. No Instant Search Result in File Explorer

When searching in file explore search results are displayed right below the search bar in a list, but only when you hit Enter, the complete result is displayed.

How do i restore it so i have Instant Search Results.

Verson: 1909

OS Build: 18363.535

NigelsNutInLaw, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - File Explorer - search tools - results are incorrect

Using windows 10.

Open file explorer.

Go to a folder.

Click search bar, enter "typeHow do I show results without hitting enter in File Explorer search bar?! :ppt", hit search.

No items match your search.

I can see multiple powerpoint files in the folder. Why do none show up in search results? 7 did not have this problem.

Same goes for searching by size and date modified. In 7's file explorer I could just type and get results.

Have also used: .ppt, .pptx, pptx, powerpoint.

Have tried the 'Current folder' and 'All subfolders' options.

7waswaybetter, Apr 21, 2020
  4. How do I show results without hitting enter in File Explorer search bar?!

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

How do I show results without hitting enter in File Explorer search bar?!

1. How do I show results without hitting enter in File Explorer search bar?! - Similar Threads - show results without

2. How do I clear my file explorer search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I clear my file explorer search bar?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  3. How do I clear my file explorer search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I clear my file explorer search bar?: I'm trying to clear my search bar but I'm not sure what I'm doing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-clear-my-file-explorer-search-bar/0a8430c5-c865-43df-b32f-24fa1615e8d4
  4. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  5. File Explorer search results showing up twice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer search results showing up twice.: For a few months now when i try to search something in file explorer pictures will show up twice after a certain date is reached. I dont know the exact date but it starts in september of 2022. This makes it very hard to navigate and search since I have a lot of pictures saved...
  6. Need to hit enter to search in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to hit enter to search in explorer: So I am having a problem with windows search. It works fine, except that I need to hit enter before it will execute the search. Has anyone seen this issue before? Windows 10 Pro, 1909, Build 18363.900 I have a different PC, Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 1607, Build...
  7. How to display explorer search results in the window without having to hit enter?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display explorer search results in the window without having to hit enter?: I'm talking about typing in your query in the search box of windows explorer. It used to be results would show up as soon as you started typing in the search box. However, ever since an update a couple months ago, now you get 10 results that drop down below the search box,...
  8. Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...

in Cortana
    Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...: Hello, I recently got a new computer and I am having trouble with the search results in windows file explorer. I changed the indexing settings so I am able to search the contents of the files. However, the results only highlight my search term in the document's path...
  9. Search file not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file not showing results: HI, I have a file, and when I search for "youtube" it doesn't show results. but when I search for "youtu" it will highlight the "youtu" in each name of the links and show all the links. if I add the b , again there will be no results. why is it? thanks! 134238
  10. Windows Search Bar shows no result

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Search Bar shows no result: my windows search bar shows no result at all, it goes block and shows a white display. Please help[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-shows-no-result/a9f73fd7-1a52-4ea1-a60a-783dc45b8f20

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search without clicking enter