Windows 10: How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?

Discus and support How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My C drive, boot drive, is getting full; so I copied the desktop to the D drive, but the machine still boots into the desktop on the C drive. How can I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jill_227, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Jill_227 Win User

How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?

My C drive, boot drive, is getting full; so I copied the desktop to the D drive, but the machine still boots into the desktop on the C drive. How can I change it to boot into the desktop on the D drive?

:)

Jill_227, Jun 16, 2020
  2. LHuck Win User

App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

DaveM121,

If I do your first suggestion so I no longer see the D drive will that let me download and install the Nox player on my computer and will it automatically go to my C drive instead of the D drive like it has been doing?

If I do your second suggestion again will I be able to download and install Nox player on my computer?

And finally, which is the best all-a-round option?

Thanks,

LHuck, Jun 16, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

Hi LHuck sorry I was offline for a while . . .

As far as I can see from your listing of the partitions on your drive, your C drive is your system drive (contains your Windows installation)

The other partitions are tiny and are the boot partition and probably one or two recovery partitions

What I don't see in that list is this D drive you are referring to . . .

I really need to see a screenshot of that Disk Management window, showing all available drives and partitions . . .

How to do that:

Click your Start Button, type snip and hit Enter - this will open the Snipping Tool

Set Mode to Full Screen, then click New to take a screenshot

Save that file to your Desktop and close the Snipping Tool

Then in your next Post, click the second last button on the toolbar above your post to select that image and upload it to your post . . ..

DaveM121, Jun 16, 2020
  4. peter5223 Win User

Laptop doesn't boot because OS is on D: drive instead of C: drive

My laptop doesn't boot because OS is on E: drive instead of C: drive

How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive? [​IMG]

When I try to boot it up (it somehow boots up as windows 8.1 instead of my OS windows 10), it gives a BSoD and shows the error code 0xc000021a. I created a bootable USB drive with windows 10 pro on it, but it shows my OS as windows 8.1 instead of 10, and it doesn't allow me to restore or do a startup repair, because they both fail.

Booting up:

How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive? [​IMG]

Repair shows windows 8.1 instead of 10:

peter5223, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive? - Similar Threads - show desktop drive

2. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?: I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual...
  3. How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to setting up virtual memory in D drive instead of C drive?: I have two drives in my computer, C drive and D drive. I would like to set up virtual memory in my D drive because the free storage is larger than my C drive. However, my system still uses my C drive. Are there any method to free up my C drive and use my D drive for virtual...
  4. My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?: its so annoying if i want to maybe download a game which is 35gb and if disk C has 20gb and D has 20 so that I have to delete something else to download it....
  5. My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My one ssd is showing C drive and D drive?: its so annoying if i want to maybe download a game which is 35gb and if disk C has 20gb and D has 20 so that I have to delete something else to download it....
  6. My desktop view is my D drive instead of my C drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop view is my D drive instead of my C drive: I need help to revert the view of my desktop. It was originally the C drive where all my main files are there but after I moved a game file to D drive, my desktop view suddenly changes to my D drive files....
  7. OneDrive help. One Drive is showing on C and D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive help. One Drive is showing on C and D drive: HI background. My dropbox kept getting permission errors and since Dropbox support can't help i've elected to stop using Dropbox and copy all files to One Drive. This has worked fairly well except One Drive is located on my C drive windows 10 pc. and my Hard Drive is full....
  8. Merging C and D drive to one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Merging C and D drive to one drive: Im currently got a small 128 gb ssd and a 2tb hdd in my system, I would like to upgrade to a single 2tb ssd is it possible to retain all data and software installed or is it best to do a fresh install of windows....
  9. how to show this pc,c drive,d drive etc?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to show this pc,c drive,d drive etc?: Hi,I am having a problem regarding wherr I can find this pc,c drive,d drive,the folders,etc and I dont have the shortcuts anymore,idk what happened.Can someone provide a fix for me,I tried to find a solution but it won't work....
  10. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...