Windows 10: HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

Discus and support HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to disable the Alt + Tab hotkey. it keeps screwing up my games when i'm playing causing windows i dont **** want to pop up on top of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FuckAlt+Tab, Jul 7, 2021.

1. HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

I need to disable the Alt + Tab hotkey. it keeps screwing up my games when i'm playing causing windows i dont **** want to pop up on top of my fullscreen game. HOW THE **** DO I TURN IT OFF?!?!!? why the **** is there not a **** option to just....you know....turn...it...the...****...off!?!? what kind of **** pieces of **** does microsoft have working over there??? who the **** thought this key bind is great...but you know what....lets FORCE THEM TO HAVE IT. **** YOU MICROSOFT

:)

FuckAlt+Tab, Jul 7, 2021

2. Alt + Tab = Crash

Good evening,

It appears that Windows 10 keeps crashing whenever I Alt + Tab out of a game and then attempt to go back in. When I Alt + Tab back in I'm met with a black screen. Then Windows 10 freeze and I can't do anything.

Steps to reproduce:

(1) Start game

(2) Alt + Tab out

(3) Do whatever in Windows 10

(4) Alt + Tab back in

>>>Black screen

(5a) Ctrl + Alt + Delete to end process of game

(6a) No clickable buttons in Windows 10 (can't even shut down)

(5b) Ctrl + Alt + Delete

(6b) Shut down (just spins indefinitely and doesn't actually shut down)

This is a on a brand new copy of Windows 10 (not an upgrade). My current specifications are below:

-MSI SLI Plus X99 Motherboard

-16 GBs 2800 MHz RAM

-2x NVIDIA Titan X GPUs

-512 GB M2 SSD

-1600w EVGA PSU

Please advise on what is happening and if this will be fixed soon.

David_Compart, Jul 7, 2021
  3. 1,2,3 hotkeys

Hi,

Hotkeys are keyboard shortcuts that you can use as an alternative to what you typically do with a mouse. You may perform these steps to assign a hotkey to an application, and to a folder and file:

Assign a hotkey to an application:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Find the application, right-click on it > More > Open File Location.
    • Right-click on the application > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

Assign a hotkey to a folder or file:

• Create a file or folder shortcut.
    • Right-click the shortcut file > Properties.
    • On the Shortcut tab, enter the keys you want to use in the Shortcut key box. Windows will add "Ctrl + Alt", however if you'll choose to use a function key or a numeric key, "Ctrl + Alt will not be added.
    • Click OK.

To know more about keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10, click
    here

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

**If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.**

Rachelle Gra, Jul 7, 2021
  4. HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

alt + tab not working

Just found a really cool way to make alt+tab INSTANT!!!

In the launch options write the following: -windowed -noborder

HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? Capture122.jpg

This play exactly the same as fullscreen but now you dont have to wait 30 f*@!ing seconds to alt+tab back in!

Also you don't get the little purple/black checkered effect (only in Source games) from alt+tabbing in fullscreen.

oli_ramsay, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?

1. HOW DO I SHUT DOWN THE ALT + TAB HOTKEY?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? - Similar Threads - SHUT DOWN ALT

2. alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after attempting to use windowskey-tab hotkey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after attempting to use windowskey-tab hotkey: My alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after I attempt to use windowskey-tab hotkey.There are at least 2 ways to toggle in between your open windows and apps, right?: the alt-tab hotkey and the windowskey-tab hotkey. Any time I attempt to use the windowskey-tab hotkey, not only does...
  3. alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after attempting to use windowskey-tab hotkey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after attempting to use windowskey-tab hotkey: My alt-tab hotkey doesn't work after I attempt to use windowskey-tab hotkey.There are at least 2 ways to toggle in between your open windows and apps, right?: the alt-tab hotkey and the windowskey-tab hotkey. Any time I attempt to use the windowskey-tab hotkey, not only does...
  4. How do I fix taskbar and alt tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix taskbar and alt tab: Ok so I’ve tried the lock taskbar and auto hide taskbar it does nothing. Ive done the windows explorer in task manager it’s done nothing and my alt+enter does nothing it’s like it can’t full screen without the taskbar and the thing is the last time I started it it was fine...
  5. How do I fix taskbar and alt tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix taskbar and alt tab: Ok so I’ve tried the lock taskbar and auto hide taskbar it does nothing. Ive done the windows explorer in task manager it’s done nothing and my alt+enter does nothing it’s like it can’t full screen without the taskbar and the thing is the last time I started it it was fine...
  6. How do I fix taskbar and alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Odd hotkey. Windows + Ctrl + Alt + Tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Odd hotkey. Windows + Ctrl + Alt + Tab: [ATTACH] Does anyone actually use this? It's similar to Alt + Tab but it uses icons instead. https://preview.redd.it/rbjz4c48n0691.jpg?width=710&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9b75574bf2f638d486a3a77781e2e0fe0b4f0b04 submitted by /u/the-tobel [link] [comments]...
  8. How can I disable Alt + A + W hotkey

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable Alt + A + W hotkey: Windows 10 set the hotkey of ALT + A + D for screenshot which I rarely use. Now there's a conflict between the app I run with win10 hotkeys. How can I disable this hotkey? Thanks....
  9. How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I change ALT+TAB behaviour: Hi folks I am stumped by something which I assume is relatively easy to fix. The Alt+Tab behaviour has changed on my Win 10 laptop and I am not sure how to change it back. I prefer Alt+Tab to make definitive screen changes, but now it seems to be a scrolling change...
  10. How do I shut down SkypeHost.exe?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I shut down SkypeHost.exe?: All of a sudden, I'm getting 'requests to join' from people I've never heard of on Skype. I don't use Messenger or Skype and I don't like the fact that my PC (and maybe its contents) now seems to be accessible to anyone in the world. I tried to terminate SkypeHost.exe in...