Windows 10: How do I shut off Cortana?

Discus and support How do I shut off Cortana? in Cortana to solve the problem; I want to stop Cortana breaking into my work. I want to shut off the Cortana App.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Engineer-72, Apr 18, 2020.

1. How do I shut off Cortana?

I want to stop Cortana breaking into my work. I want to shut off the Cortana App.

:)

Engineer-72, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 18, 2020
  4. How do I shut off Cortana?

Cortana stopped showing my calendar events on cortana home

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

How do I shut off Cortana?

1. How do I shut off Cortana? - Similar Threads - shut off Cortana

2. How do I shut off Microsoft sign in on phone

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I shut off Microsoft sign in on phone: How do I shut off Microsoft sign in on phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-off-microsoft-sign-in-on-phone/0b1d87dd-9509-439a-b564-eff214fab086
  3. How do I shut off Microsoft sign in on phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I shut off Microsoft sign in on phone: How do I shut off Microsoft sign in on phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-off-microsoft-sign-in-on-phone/0b1d87dd-9509-439a-b564-eff214fab086
  4. How do I turn off Cortana voice?

in Cortana
    How do I turn off Cortana voice?: Back in the olden days I used to communicate with Cortana by typing in my question. Now it has all changed and I seem to be able only to communicate byvoice, but often I still want to type. How do I turn off Cortana voice communication and go back to typing?...
  5. How can I shut off Cortana completely

in Cortana
    How can I shut off Cortana completely: I don't want to use Cortana nor Edge. I shut them off but they must be running because when I clean my temporary files there are plenty of temporary files being produced. What if I used Regedit and deleted every file named Edge and Cortana....
  6. How do I get Cortana to shut up?

How do I get Cortana to shut up?: I occasionally use Cortana to quickly take me to a Windows setting, app, or whatever. In the past, when I clicked on it, I got a text box to type into. I did a Windows update yesterday and now Cortana won't just find things by text like I want -- she wants to get to know me....
  7. How do I get Cortana to shut up?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get Cortana to shut up?: I occasionally use Cortana to quickly take me to a Windows setting, app, or whatever. In the past, when I clicked on it, I got a text box to type into. I did a Windows update yesterday and now Cortana won't just find things by text like I want -- she wants to get to know me....
  8. How do I shut off aeroplane mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I shut off aeroplane mode: I have windows 10. microsoft have done update. airoplane mode is now flashing and blocking my internet access. Have attempted to turn of, Not possible as this is also flashing and does not allow movement of switch/button. Help...
  9. How do I shut off the Cortana displays?

How do I shut off the Cortana displays?: [img] 62435
  10. Shutting Off Cortana

Shutting Off Cortana: Is there a way to stop Cortana running in the background. I see it in the "Task Manager', but you cannot 'End Task' it as it comes right back. 13561