Windows 10: How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

Discus and support How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I have two accounts for my Windows 10 example a g mail & a hotmail how do I sign out of my g mail account and sign into my hotmail account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IntenseJames, Mar 14, 2019.

1. How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

If I have two accounts for my Windows 10 example a g mail & a hotmail how do I sign out of my g mail account and sign into my hotmail account?

:)

IntenseJames, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? :(

Zakin, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

1. How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? - Similar Threads - sign account

2. Keep on being told I can't sign into my MS Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep on being told I can't sign into my MS Account: It thien tells me "This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account, then signing back in. If you don't sign out now, any files that you create or changes that you make will be lost." I have signed out 6 or 7 times, but I always get the same message. I've also...
  3. Unable to sign into Outlook Account on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Outlook Account on my computer: The title says all. I'm unable to use the Microsoft Store or Minecraft properly. WhenI try to log into Xbox Live, it says 'Unable to sign in right now. Please try again later.', and it shows an error code 0x80070520 When I try to look this up on the Xbox status code...
  4. Microsoft Account Sign in to Store and other apps.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Sign in to Store and other apps.: Whenever I try to sign in to Microsoft Account (like in Excel or store), I get no internet message even though I have access to internet. I have Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 build 17763.503 Here's the overview of my problem. Notice that Store as access to internet but not...
  5. Pop up blank screen for "sign in to a Microsoft account instead"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pop up blank screen for "sign in to a Microsoft account instead": I can't actually sign in to a MSA in windows 10, it just pop up a giant blank window. [ATTACH] I cannot sign in to my MSA through any MS app and it's kinda frustrating. Does anyone know a fix for this and will this fix likely make the apps work?...
  6. "We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "We can't sign into your account" Corrupted User Profile: Computer locked me out of my main user profile account on Monday after it would no longer accept my password and I clicked on the forgot password link. For some strange reason, that resulted in the creation of a a temporary profile. I can no longer sign in with my main user...
  7. Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family...: Your child needs to sign in again with their Microsoft account on their device for family features to work properly. Until they do, this weekly report will not reflect their screen time and recent activity for that device. I am getting message (as per subject) on one of...
  8. cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cannot use PIN option to sign into my computer, cannot use a personal account: Hello! Recently, my PIN sign-in option hasn't been working. It all started when I configured my Microsoft account few weeks ago, which I didn't know what it meant. First, my school email stopped working on my Mail app, and I thought I just needed to reenter the password...
  9. Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Sign into Gmails Account on Mail: So recently I got a new laptop. I'm not sure where it came from, but it definitely wasn't brand new. I reset the whole thing after getting it for extra measures. Then I proceed to get my own info into this baby. [ATTACH]And here we have the device specifications in the...
  10. Unable to sign in to my account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in to my account.: Split from this thread. Will anything bad happen to my laptop if i turn off Secure Boot? It did nothing he steel hacking me so i cant sign in my accounts ***Modified title from: Being hacked. Can't sign in to my accounts.***...