Windows 10: How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

Discus and support How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I have two accounts for my Windows 10 example a g mail & a hotmail how do I sign out of my g mail account and sign into my hotmail account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IntenseJames, Mar 14, 2019 at 10:57 AM.

1. How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

If I have two accounts for my Windows 10 example a g mail & a hotmail how do I sign out of my g mail account and sign into my hotmail account?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? :(

4. Brink Win User

How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Thema:

How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

1. How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? - Similar Threads - sign account

2. I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I signed into my Microsoft account and now the password on my computer changed: I was signed in beforehand, however, my computer was refusing to recognise my name change. So, I signed out and logged back in, and now the password for my computer is the password for my Microsoft account. I don't like this and want to change the password without changing...
  3. Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can I use different password than my Microsoft Account Password to Sign-in to my desktop?: In my laptop, my Microsoft Account is linked to the Windows 10 installed. I would like to Sign in (either from being Locked, restart or shut down) using a different alpha-numeric password than my Microsoft Password. Can this be done?...
  4. How do I sign out of one account for my OS (C) OneDrive on one Computer and sign in with...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I sign out of one account for my OS (C) OneDrive on one Computer and sign in with...: I am currently signed in with the same e mail to my OS (C) OneDrive on two computers and they are both synced. I'm able to control both computers at the sametime. How can I fix this? I have Office 365 Home just got it I had Office 365 Personal personal before....
  5. Account doesn't sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Account doesn't sign in: When I sign into my microsoft account, instead of getting my usual desktop, I get what looks like the visitors desktop, all the settings are reset back to normal, but there are some shortcuts on the desktop from my original account and my wife's account. I get a blue box...
  6. Glitch when signing into microsoft account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Glitch when signing into microsoft account on windows 10: Basically, the image is self explanatory.. after selecting Next, thinking I would be asked another question, all my internal apps started saying I was signed in with my account, very annoying because I did not know I had to then go online to sign out by deleting the device...
  7. Why can't I sign in to my microsoft account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why can't I sign in to my microsoft account?: I keep having trouble signing in to my microsoft account. I keep getting a note that there is a problem with my microsoft account and to fix it I need to sign in, I get past the first hurdle, then when I am told I need to use my email address to sign in and when I type in my...
  8. Unable to sign in with Microsoft account, error: Microsoft account doesn’t exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in with Microsoft account, error: Microsoft account doesn’t exist: hi. I am using my id *** Email address is removed for privacy *** for my Microsoft account. since 24-2-2019 iam not able to log in using my Microsoft account. it says account doesn't exist. I changed the alias for this account on 24-2-2019. since then it is not working. my...
  9. Restoring a Backup ("We can't sign in to your account")

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring a Backup ("We can't sign in to your account"): I recently uninstalled Anaconda2 (a way of accessing Python2) from my laptop, using the normal uninstall settings, however for some unknown reason instead of uninstalling the Anaconda2 files it uninstalled/deleted my entire C drive, containing all my personal files, before I...
  10. Time being used while signed out of account for Microsoft Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time being used while signed out of account for Microsoft Family: Started happening recently. Every account that I have added as a child, their time is used regardless of being signed in or out, and I can no longer add time remotely, I have to physically be at the computer to add time....