Windows 10: How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

Discus and support How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I have two accounts for my Windows 10 example a g mail & a hotmail how do I sign out of my g mail account and sign into my hotmail account?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IntenseJames, Mar 14, 2019.

1. How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

If I have two accounts for my Windows 10 example a g mail & a hotmail how do I sign out of my g mail account and sign into my hotmail account?

:)

IntenseJames, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? :(

Zakin, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

1. How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account? - Similar Threads - sign account

2. Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt: This is on a brand new system and device. When going to Settings > Sign In, the window opens up and closes before fully loading. For this reason, I cannot sign into my Microsoft account. Included are some screenshots for reference:...
  3. Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Sign In Window Closes Before Prompt: This is on a brand new system and device. When going to Settings > Sign In, the window opens up and closes before fully loading. For this reason, I cannot sign into my Microsoft account. Included are some screenshots for reference:...
  4. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  5. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  6. Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account: Hi there, about a month ago, I recently installed Windows 11 Because it crashed During the setup process, Microsoft didn’t give me an option to sign in, So I thought it was some technical glitch but when I set it up, I went into settings, and tried to sign in with my school...
  7. Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account

Microsoft won’t let me sign in with my School Account: Hi there, about a month ago, I recently installed Windows 11 Because it crashed During the setup process, Microsoft didn’t give me an option to sign in, So I thought it was some technical glitch but when I set it up, I went into settings, and tried to sign in with my school...
  8. Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account: We set up a new WiFi router at work and switched the printers over. The computer worked fine with the printer but then stopped. The tech from the printer company tried everything he could to resolve the issue but was unable to. The next step was to set up the laptop...
  9. Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account

Can't Print When Signed in to Microsoft Account: We set up a new WiFi router at work and switched the printers over. The computer worked fine with the printer but then stopped. The tech from the printer company tried everything he could to resolve the issue but was unable to. The next step was to set up the laptop...
  10. Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...

Need to add new email to my Microsoft account used to sign in but...: I have used a cable company for 25 years, Now I want to go fiber. The email i use will be lost when i quit the cable company. I went to outlook.com created a new email and signed up for office365 basic. In the process it created a new Microsoft account. Now when i go to...