Windows 10: how do i sign in as a widows administrator?

Discus and support how do i sign in as a widows administrator? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how do I sign in as a windows administrator?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AccountsECTS, Dec 6, 2018.

1. how do i sign in as a widows administrator?

how do I sign in as a windows administrator?

:)

AccountsECTS, Dec 6, 2018

2. administrator can't sign in

I appreciate your response. There is a possibility that your user account is not an administrator and that is the reason why the device is having an issue with receiving a remote control assistance. Since you are also having an issue with accessing the administrator
    account of your wife, I suggest enabling the built-in administrator on your Windows 10. Using the built-in administrator account, you'll be able to make your user account as an administrator.

To enable the built-in administrator account, follow these steps:

• On Search type CMD to open the Command Prompt. Right click on CMD then choose Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type net user administrator /active:yes then hit the Enter key.
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice on the login screen.

Once you sign into the PC using the built-in administrator, follow these steps to make your user profiles as an administrator:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Choose Accounts and then click on Other people.
    • Click on your user account and then click on Change account type button.
    • Change the account type to Administrator and then click OK.

Note: The built-in administrator account has more privileges than a regular administrator account. Privileges that can easily generate a conflict on your system. We only recommend enabling the built-in administrator account for troubleshooting purposes and
    you have to disable it once you are done.

To disable the built-in administrator account, access the Command Prompt with administrator privileges. Type the command net user administrator /active:no then hit the Enter key. The built-in administrator account will now be disabled, and
    shouldn’t show up on the login screen.

Let me know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Dec 6, 2018
  3. administrator can't sign in

Hi Jeff,

The usual reason why a user can't log into a computer is because of entering an incorrect username or password. To help us identify the cause why the administrator account on your PC can't sign in, we would need to know the following information:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes were made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • Is the administrator account a local account or is he using a Microsoft account as his login credentials?
    • What is the exact error message you are getting when you're trying to sign into the PC using the admin account?

If the administrator is using a Microsoft account, we suggest changing the account's password.
    Once done, make sure that the device where he is trying to sign into is connected to the Internet so that the changes that he'll create to the account will be synchronized.

We're looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 6, 2018
  4. how do i sign in as a widows administrator?

I can't gain access through the administrator.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• Is there any other user account? If yes, is that an admin account?

If not, I suggest you to enable the Built-in Administrator Account
    and then try to create a new user account with administrator privileges.

Follow the steps to enable the Built-in Administrator Account.

Steps to Enable the Built-in Administrator Account.

• a) Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • b) Type net user administrator /active:yes
    • c) Close the elevated command prompt.
    • d) The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • e) Restart the system.

Then enter into the administrator account. And try to create new user account.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Once you create the new administrator user account try to disable
    Built-in Administrator Account.

Steps to disable the Built-in Administrator Account.

• a) Press Windows + X, Select Run.
    • b) Type net user administrator /active:no
    • c) Close the elevated command prompt.
    • d) The built-in Administrator will now be available to select to sign into.
    • e) Restart the system.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

how do i sign in as a widows administrator?

1. how do i sign in as a widows administrator? - Similar Threads - sign widows administrator

2. How do i sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i sign in: When i turn on my laptop it says sign in, when i click sign in it asks for my Microsoft password i enter my password and then it says “Create a PIN”, so i hit next and now it says “Something went Wrong”. “We werent able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step...
  3. How do i sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i sign in: When i turn on my laptop it says sign in, when i click sign in it asks for my Microsoft password i enter my password and then it says “Create a PIN”, so i hit next and now it says “Something went Wrong”. “We werent able to set up your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step...
  4. How do I sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I sign in?: When I click on sign in, in the Microsoft store, no pop-up window appears and I cannot sign in to my acc. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sign-in/e951945c-c1fc-4cb9-a78a-4d43a65b432c
  5. How do I sign in?

How do I sign in?: When I click on sign in, in the Microsoft store, no pop-up window appears and I cannot sign in to my acc. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sign-in/e951945c-c1fc-4cb9-a78a-4d43a65b432c
  6. how do i restart widows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restart widows 11: how do I RESTART window's 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restart-widows-11/488cadb9-1ab1-44f4-b5bd-8d9c106341a6
  7. how do i restart widows 11

how do i restart widows 11: how do I RESTART window's 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restart-widows-11/488cadb9-1ab1-44f4-b5bd-8d9c106341a6
  8. How can I sign in as Administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I sign in as Administrator?: I am the administrator for my desktop and am trying to delete some programs I downloaded. I keep getting a message that I have to first sign in as Administrator to remove them. So how do I sign in as Administrator when I already am. Very frustrating. Thanks for you help....
  9. How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner.: I want to download a product called Pointerfocus that I bought however it is saying that in order to make changes to the app I need to type in the admin user name and password. Why is it asking me this when I am the owner...
  10. how do I sign in as an administrator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I sign in as an administrator: How to sign in for help as an administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sign-in-as-an-administrator/39214ca6-0915-4453-b38c-c71b4e65eb27