Windows 10: How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner.

Discus and support How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to download a product called Pointerfocus that I bought however it is saying that in order to make changes to the app I need to type in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shawn S. Feller, Apr 29, 2020.

1. How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner.

I want to download a product called Pointerfocus that I bought however it is saying that in order to make changes to the app I need to type in the admin user name and password. Why is it asking me this when I am the owner

:)

Shawn S. Feller, Apr 29, 2020

2. Would like to change from owner to administrator

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to change from owner to administrator. Under control panel, user account, user account, manage account, change account, change account type. Under all that is "Choose a new account type for owner ." I am listed
    as administrator. But at sign in at start up I listed as owner. As well in Power Shell ISE How I do change that ? Thank you

CharlesLaMonte, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Skiff640 Win User
    Excel changes the owner of file during save

I just duplicated the problem with a brand new Excel file that had nothing to do with the old XP machine ...
    • Signed in as the original owner who is in the administrator group
    • Created a new Excel file in the same folder as above
    • Edited the file with Excel as the original owner ... saved
    • Checked ownership and permissions. Everything looks OK, including the inherited permissions from the folder
    • Signed off
    • Signed on as a second user who is not in the Administrator group
    • Edited the the file with Excel as the second user ... saved the file with changes
    • Signed off
    • Signed on as the original owner
    • Checked ownership and permissions. The ownership of the file has changed to the second user.

The original and second users are the exact same users described in the post above. Uggghhh ...

Clueless in Houston ...

Skiff640, Apr 29, 2020
  4. How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner.

Administrator privileges

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From the description of the issue, I understand that you are unable to take full ownership of the files and folders.

I would recommend you to see if you are logged in administrator account, if not then enable it. Please follow the below steps.

Step 1: If this issue is confined to all the files and folders in your computer then,

I would suggest you to enable the built in administrator account.

You need to run the command from an elevated command prompt. To do that follow the below steps:

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the
      Run Command Dialog Box.

• Type cmd and right-click on the
      Command Prompt
      result that should appear.

• This opens a list of options at the bottom. Select
      Run as administrator

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:
      net user administrator /active:yes

Step 2: If the issue is confined to particular folder or file then follow the below steps.

Use the following procedure to fix this as long as you don't reboot your machine:

• Sign-in as an administrator on your computer.

• Navigate to the folder where you're having the problem. Right-click and select
      Properties from the pop-up menu.

• Under Properties | Security tab, click the
      Advanced button, then click "Change" owner on the
      Advanced Security Settings dialog (if you are already the owner, do this step anyway!), and in the resulting dialog enter whatever you want the owner to be

• Now a new check-box appears labeled "Replace owner on sub-containers and objects"; check it.

• Also check the box at the bottom "Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object."

• Make sure under the Permission entries grid that your current account has Full control (if not Edit or Add your account to be listed with foll control). Finally hit
      Apply. This may take a while.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner.

1. How do I sign in as an administrator when I am the owner. - Similar Threads - sign administrator owner

2. i am the administrator. how do i change settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am the administrator. how do i change settings: How to eliminate private pickup from my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-the-administrator-how-do-i-change-settings/3f06d428-78d8-4e3e-84b7-f081553d4a92
  3. i am the administrator. how do i change settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i am the administrator. how do i change settings: How to eliminate private pickup from my printer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-the-administrator-how-do-i-change-settings/3f06d428-78d8-4e3e-84b7-f081553d4a92
  4. i am the administrator. how do i change settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Denied access to .dmp file. I am the sole administrator and owner.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Denied access to .dmp file. I am the sole administrator and owner.: Denied access to .dmp file even though I am the sole administrator and owner. Advised to go to Minidump folder to learn why my computer just crashed...showing WHEA Unrecoverable Error. I have read that this is normally a hardware fault, and sometimes just a driver issue-...
  6. how do I sign in as an administrator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I sign in as an administrator: How to sign in for help as an administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sign-in-as-an-administrator/39214ca6-0915-4453-b38c-c71b4e65eb27
  7. If I am the administrator How do I run as administrator to delete files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I am the administrator How do I run as administrator to delete files: If I am the administrator How do I run as administrator to delete files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-am-the-administrator-how-do-i-run-as/c3c58c52-4cc7-4515-8aef-b7dcae347d47
  8. how do i sign in as a widows administrator?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i sign in as a widows administrator?: how do I sign in as a windows administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sign-in-as-a-widows-administrator/26e15c18-1fd9-4cf8-b198-d60495561734"
  9. how do i know i am administrator?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i know i am administrator?: I just want to make sure I don't get hacked again. When it happened, I lost administrator privileges. Where should I check and what should I see there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-i-am-administrator/e78cab09-d3d4-4d02-975a-c1802eaaf124
  10. how do i show that i am the security administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i show that i am the security administrator: how do i show that i am the security administrater https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-protectwindows8_1/how-do-i-show-that-i-am-the-security-administrator/0f39757f-97ae-45eb-aaf8-d9e4ec47ec9f