Windows 10: How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct?

Discus and support How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I currently sign in with a local account that is linked to my windows account @live.com. When signing in I am asked for my username and password. On... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Whiplash61, Apr 10, 2022.

1. How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct?

I currently sign in with a local account that is linked to my windows account @live.com. When signing in I am asked for my username and password. On other machines it asks for my PIN as opposed to my password. can I just change the local account to a Windows account that uses a PIN?

:)

Whiplash61, Apr 10, 2022
  2. NickTh Win User

MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Bree Win User
    Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

4. Likity Win User

How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct?

My mispelledmail acct

one of my e mail addresses is misspelled, but is one of those accts that pops up when I go to log in to an e mail acct. How do I remove this misspelled acct from this list of accts that pop up as suggestions when I begin typing in the email acct I want.

and change the spelling

Likity, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct?

1. How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct? - Similar Threads - sign acct opposed

2. Can't sign into windows 10 with Microsoft acct.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign into windows 10 with Microsoft acct.: I noticed over 2500 people have some variation of this issue.I was gifted a ten yr old Dell computer running Windows 10 by my relative. I removed her Microsoft account and am now the admin with a local acct. I try to log in with my Microsoft account but it won't let me. I...
  3. Acct sign in issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acct sign in issues: I had my wife's Dell laptop wiped by Geek Squad and had them install windows 11, now I'm trying to sign into my microsoft acct as the main user on the computer. It asks for my password, then asks for my window's password, so I put my microsoft password in again and I get...
  4. Acct sign in issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acct sign in issues: I had my wife's Dell laptop wiped by Geek Squad and had them install windows 11, now I'm trying to sign into my microsoft acct as the main user on the computer. It asks for my password, then asks for my window's password, so I put my microsoft password in again and I get...
  5. How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct?: I currently sign in with a local account that is linked to my windows account @live.com. When signing in I am asked for my username and password. On other machines it asks for my PIN as opposed to my password. can I just change the local account to a Windows account that uses...
  6. How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I sign in to windows with my windows acct as opposed to a local acct?: I currently sign in with a local account that is linked to my windows account @live.com. When signing in I am asked for my username and password. On other machines it asks for my PIN as opposed to my password. can I just change the local account to a Windows account that uses...
  7. Signing into Microsoft Acct.

Signing into Microsoft Acct.: For the last month , every two days or so , I have to sign into my Microsoft Account , when I start my computer. In my account settings ,I have chosen never to have to sign in. I never had to sign in , until about a month ago. I don't understand what causes this , and how to...
  8. Terminate Original Email acct yused for my Microsoft Acct (HOW)

Terminate Original Email acct yused for my Microsoft Acct (HOW): I want to delete the original email address I used to create my Microsoft Acct ( And therefore use to log in to Windows). I have already created a different account but it is technically an "alias|" The "alias" is now marked as the Primary. However, my account seems to...
  9. Only 1 acct showing on welcome screen. How do I log in to admin acct?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Only 1 acct showing on welcome screen. How do I log in to admin acct?: Is there a way to have that admin login appear? Seems I recall some key combination or is there another way? 116588
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...