Windows 10: How do I sign into the Community using Firefox instead of outlook.com? Windows 10

Discus and support How do I sign into the Community using Firefox instead of outlook.com? Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm having major problems with my outlook.com - I'm working with a very helpful chat in outlook.com Support and I need urgently to double-check that... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Taffy087, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

How do I sign into the Community using Firefox instead of outlook.com? Windows 10

I'm having major problems with my outlook.com - I'm working with a very helpful chat in outlook.com Support and I need urgently to double-check that I'm using Firefox the correct way when I try to log in here with it.

I'd welcome your advice - I know that many of the experts here use it eg Smeed and UnrequitedStill so I hope that they pick this up.

PS If my topic is wrong would a Moderator please move it. TIA

:)

Taffy087, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

How to stay signed on on Firefox?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are signed out of Outlook Mail in Firefox even if the Stay signed in option is selected. I’ll help you with this issue.

It could be possible that the browser is set to clear cookies. You may want to add an exception for Outlook.com and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Firefox and click on the
      Hamburger button (3 dash)
    2. Click on Options.
    3. Now, click on Privacy & Security.
    4. Scroll down to Cookies and site data section.
    5. Make sure the checkbox for Delete Cookies and site data when Firefox is closed is unchecked.
    6. To add an exception, click on Manage Permissions and add Outlook.com.

For more information, see
    Control whether Firefox automatically fills in forms
    and

How to fix preferences that won't save

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2020
  4. How do I sign into the Community using Firefox instead of outlook.com? Windows 10

Video Issues in Windows 10 With Firefox

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Is the issue occurs in Microsoft Edge?

• Let us know whether the issue is specific to online videos or it is happening with other videos present in your system too?

As the initial troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to check all the available Windows Updates. Installation of recent Windows Updates should fix the issue.

If the issue still persists, then try updating the Display driver and check. Here is the steps:
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run command box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • In Display Adapter, expand Display Adapter, right-click , and then click
      Update.
    If the issues persists ,only with firefox then i suggest you to contact firefox support.

Please do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

How do I sign into the Community using Firefox instead of outlook.com? Windows 10

1. How do I sign into the Community using Firefox instead of outlook.com? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sign Community using

2. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.: Hello,I haven't been able to open my hotmail email for weeks on the Firefox browser. This is what comes up: https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/junkemail and a blank page. What's going on?How do I fix this?Megan...
  3. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.: Hello,I haven't been able to open my hotmail email for weeks on the Firefox browser. This is what comes up: https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/junkemail and a blank page. What's going on?How do I fix this?Megan...
  4. Outlook won't open using the Firefox browser.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. how do I ask an agent instead of community help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I ask an agent instead of community help?: How do I get in touch with an agent and not community for help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-ask-an-agent-instead-of-community-help/c8d08600-45d0-422d-a61d-4bfece06ea6b
  6. how do I ask an agent instead of community help?

how do I ask an agent instead of community help?: How do I get in touch with an agent and not community for help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-ask-an-agent-instead-of-community-help/c8d08600-45d0-422d-a61d-4bfece06ea6b
  7. how do I ask an agent instead of community help?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there away to use FireFox instead of edge for when I use the search bar?: I've tried edge deflector and that doesn't work. I use duckduckgo for my search engine on FireFox if that means anything submitted by /u/AndreSun06 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkcsxt/is_there_away_to_use_firefox_instead_of_edge_for/
  9. Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com

Windows 10 Mail app and Outlook .com: I'm having a problem with Mail and Outlook. When I go to view my e-mail messages using the Mail app viewer all of the body content of the message is in some sort of plain text or computer language. There are no pictures of graphics in the message just this plain text...
  10. How to use my Outlook email instead of Windows 10 mail

in Browsers and Email
    How to use my Outlook email instead of Windows 10 mail: Windows 10 mail leaves much to be desired, at least for me. It will not sync with my Outlook mail account that I have used for years. It is not possible to change its default font and size, and it stops and starts when I am typing an email, and my large accumulation of...