Windows 10: How do I sign out of my microsoft account on Windows 10 Education Edition?

Discus and support How do I sign out of my microsoft account on Windows 10 Education Edition? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My little brother has a windows 10 educational laptop that was supplied by his school, and when i needed to use it (as at the time my laptop was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TRDiaDuck, Apr 13, 2021.

1. How do I sign out of my microsoft account on Windows 10 Education Edition?

My little brother has a windows 10 educational laptop that was supplied by his school, and when i needed to use it (as at the time my laptop was getting fixed from a dead hard drive) i put office 365 on it, but in the process his local account got turned into my microsoft account, how do i revert it to a local account? Everywhere online it shows how to do it but those methods dont work on windows 10 educational.

submitted by /u/TRDiaDuck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TRDiaDuck, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I sign out of my microsoft account on Windows 10 Education Edition? :(

Zakin, Apr 13, 2021
  4. How do I sign out of my microsoft account on Windows 10 Education Edition?

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

How do I sign out of my microsoft account on Windows 10 Education Edition?

1. How do I sign out of my microsoft account on Windows 10 Education Edition? - Similar Threads - sign microsoft account

2. How do I sign out of my account on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I sign out of my account on Windows 11?: I accidentally signed in onto my account on a school computer. I can't sign out of it and I also have Microsoft Family Safety which might be the problem. Is it impossible for me to log out of it or my supervisor is supposed to log me out from the Microsoft Family app?...
  3. How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?: I used my PC for a year without signing in to any Microsoft account. Yesterday, in Windows settings, I signed into my MS account, in an attempt to solve an issue with Microsoft Family Safety. I want to sign back out from MS on my PC Windows 10 and continue as a regular...
  4. How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?: I used my PC for a year without signing in to any Microsoft account. Yesterday, in Windows settings, I signed into my MS account, in an attempt to solve an issue with Microsoft Family Safety. I want to sign back out from MS on my PC Windows 10 and continue as a regular...
  5. How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How do I sign out of my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I sign out of my Microsoft account: I had to borrow a computer which had a local account on it, when I signed into Microsoft word (which is pretty dumb, why do I need to sign it to use a word processor) it turned the local account into a Microsoft account, how do I remove that so it’s just a local account? I’m...
  7. HOW DO I SIGN OUT OF A COMPUTER THAT MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT IS SIGNED INTO FROM ANOTHER...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOW DO I SIGN OUT OF A COMPUTER THAT MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT IS SIGNED INTO FROM ANOTHER...: HOW DO I SIGN OUT OF A COMPUTER THAT MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT IS SIGNED INTO FROM ANOTHER COMPUTER!?!?!?!?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sign-out-of-a-computer-that-my-microsoft/58970acc-0369-4725-bc01-69de55a7ae25"
  8. How do I stay signed out of my account?

How do I stay signed out of my account?: Every time I turn on my pc or wake my pc I'm signed in. It says go to settings>power & sleep but the is nothing there to let me stay logged out. I can have anyone who turns on my pc able to access everything...
  9. How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I sign in and out of a Windows 10 account?: If I have two accounts for my Windows 10 example a g mail & a hotmail how do I sign out of my g mail account and sign into my hotmail account?...
  10. How do I sign out of my Windows account on a pc?

How do I sign out of my Windows account on a pc?: I signed in to my account on a computer at work yesterday in order to access my office365 and I was not able to sign out. I don't want my Microsoft Edge bookmarks or my OneDrive to be accessible. I tried signing out every way I knew of but it wouldn't work. It's like my...