Windows 10: How do I sign out of my Windows account on a pc?

Discus and support How do I sign out of my Windows account on a pc? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I signed in to my account on a computer at work yesterday in order to access my office365 and I was not able to sign out. I don't want my Microsoft... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by krissynita, Aug 28, 2018.

1. How do I sign out of my Windows account on a pc?

I signed in to my account on a computer at work yesterday in order to access my office365 and I was not able to sign out. I don't want my Microsoft Edge bookmarks or my OneDrive to be accessible. I tried signing out every way I knew of but it wouldn't work. It's like my profile became the profile for the general use of the computer (others use the computer for running reports, etc., and some have profiles on it but my profile just seems stuck as the default.) Any one else have this happen? Do you know how to fix it? Thank you!

:)

krissynita, Aug 28, 2018

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. How do I sign out of my Windows account on a pc? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

How do I sign out of my Windows account on a pc?

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, *Smile

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

How do I sign out of my Windows account on a pc?

1. How do I sign out of my Windows account on a pc? - Similar Threads - sign account

2. Windows 11 Work account Sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Work account Sign in: I got a new PC at work and needed to sign in with my work account but realised it was running windows 11 home, so I signed in with my personal account and purchased the windows 11 pro upgrade through the Microsoft store.Since this is a work PC I don't want to be signed in...
  3. Windows 11 Work account Sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Work account Sign in: I got a new PC at work and needed to sign in with my work account but realised it was running windows 11 home, so I signed in with my personal account and purchased the windows 11 pro upgrade through the Microsoft store.Since this is a work PC I don't want to be signed in...
  4. Sign into account protection with work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign into account protection with work or school account: I have a windows 11 pro OS. I use a local account in the computer for login, and want to keep it that way. When I go to Windows Defender and try to setup account protection. It says to sign in with Microsoft account. When I try and use the work or school account it says not a...
  5. Sign into account protection with work or school account

Sign into account protection with work or school account: I have a windows 11 pro OS. I use a local account in the computer for login, and want to keep it that way. When I go to Windows Defender and try to setup account protection. It says to sign in with Microsoft account. When I try and use the work or school account it says not a...
  6. Files are nowhere to be found after signing into a temporary account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are nowhere to be found after signing into a temporary account in Windows 10: Files are lost after I unknowingly signed into a temporary account after signing out and in. The files are gone from the system and returned to me the storage space it used from 50Gb left to 82Gb left, there were a lot of files lost, especially college school works. I have...
  7. Files are nowhere to be found after signing into a temporary account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are nowhere to be found after signing into a temporary account in Windows 10: Files are lost after I unknowingly signed into a temporary account after signing out and in. The files are gone from the system and returned to me the storage space it used from 50Gb left to 82Gb left, there were a lot of files lost, especially college school works. I have...
  8. Files are nowhere to be found after signing into a temporary account in Windows 10

9. how to disable "sign in to your microsoft account" spam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable "sign in to your microsoft account" spam?: Started getting spam messages in Windows 11 How to disable these spam messages permanently? Registry setting? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-sign-in-to-your-microsoft-account/948bb5a3-c747-44ee-8796-1d19a19742df
  10. how to disable "sign in to your microsoft account" spam?

how to disable "sign in to your microsoft account" spam?: Started getting spam messages in Windows 11 How to disable these spam messages permanently? Registry setting? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-sign-in-to-your-microsoft-account/948bb5a3-c747-44ee-8796-1d19a19742df