Windows 10: How do I SIMPLY delete my camera roll pictures

Discus and support How do I SIMPLY delete my camera roll pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need to delete my camera pics that I took on my webcam. I am not a computer whiz and need a SIMPLE procedure! They are not on the camera roll under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MV2567, May 5, 2020.

1. MV2567 Win User

How do I SIMPLY delete my camera roll pictures

I need to delete my camera pics that I took on my webcam. I am not a computer whiz and need a SIMPLE procedure! They are not on the camera roll under the Pictures icon. I saw several posts on this and don't understand why Microsoft makes deleting a bad picture SO complicated!!!

:)

MV2567, May 5, 2020
  2. GollyJer Win User

"Camera Roll" and "Saved Pictures" folders: permanently delete on Windows 10

The Camera Roll folder is created by the Camera app.

The Saved Pictures folder is created by the Photos app.

If you simply delete the folders those apps will recreate them based on the location stored in the registry at:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

When viewing this location in Regedit, if the purpose of each key isn't obvious, look them up on Microsoft's KNOWNFOLDERID page.

To truly delete the folders you must Uninstall the Camera and Photos Apps and then delete the folders.

If you just want to move them somewhere more convenient the article commented by @w23sh above is very thorough.

Remove Camera Roll, Saved Pictures and Screenshots Folders & Libraries in Windows 10?

It boils down to "Cut and paste the folder to a location of your choosing."

GollyJer, May 5, 2020
  3. camera roll

Hi Rosalyn,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps for arranging the camera pictures in recent order and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+E” it will open file explorer.
    • Go to “This PC” and click on “pictures folder”.
    • Then click on “camera roll folder”.
    • And right click on the empty space and select “sort by” option.
    • Then select ascending option.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 5, 2020
  4. How do I SIMPLY delete my camera roll pictures

Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10

Yep exactly same situation here. Don't want them and no matter what I do they keep coming back. Make sense they relate to OneDrive and Photos app.

Have left a question here Permanently delete Saved Pictures Camera Roll Folders - Microsoft Community but as per norm the 'support' don't seem to know what you're talking about.
    @

MrJamesMoore, May 5, 2020
Thema:

How do I SIMPLY delete my camera roll pictures

1. How do I SIMPLY delete my camera roll pictures - Similar Threads - SIMPLY delete camera

2. How do I import pictures from my Camera?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I import pictures from my Camera?: Previously, I had the ability to import pictures and save them to my computer but recently when I try all i get is a message in my ‘photos’ app that states “Please update your devices settings to accept media transfers.” I updated my computer but I still have this same...
  3. how do I restore the camera roll folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I restore the camera roll folder: I have Windows 11 and I right clicked on the camera roll folder and made the location the onedrive folder. What I REALLY wanted to do was to make it a folder inside of Onedrive. Right now pictures are being saved to the root in onedrive and I want them in a folder. How do I...
  4. how do I restore the camera roll folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I restore the camera roll folder: I have Windows 11 and I right clicked on the camera roll folder and made the location the onedrive folder. What I REALLY wanted to do was to make it a folder inside of Onedrive. Right now pictures are being saved to the root in onedrive and I want them in a folder. How do I...
  5. Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly: I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. Normally, photos that I take with my phone are uploaded to OneDrive and are automatically sorted into files based on month under the Camera Roll folder. However, that function is not working properly. If I go to the OneDrive app on my...
  6. Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly

Camera Roll / OneDrive not saving pictures correctly: I have a PC with Windows 11 installed. Normally, photos that I take with my phone are uploaded to OneDrive and are automatically sorted into files based on month under the Camera Roll folder. However, that function is not working properly. If I go to the OneDrive app on my...
  7. My picture simply wont delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My picture simply wont delete: I downloaded this picture to my desktop on my windows pro but now it won't delete. I keep trying to drag it to the recycling but it wont go. I tried adding it to a folder so maybe i could delete that but its no use and its only that one picture i can save and delete other...
  8. My picture simply wont delete

My picture simply wont delete: I downloaded this picture to my desktop on my windows pro but now it won't delete. I keep trying to drag it to the recycling but it wont go. I tried adding it to a folder so maybe i could delete that but its no use and its only that one picture i can save and delete other...
  9. how do i recover my deleted camera roll videos?

in Cortana
    how do i recover my deleted camera roll videos?: i want to recover my deleted camera roll videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-recover-my-deleted-camera-roll-videos/4f237fc4-2294-4d9d-b7c4-cd8150920d5b
  10. Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete "Camera Roll" & "Saved Pictures" - Win 10: Is there any way to delete these system folders. I don't use them, and I never will. If I delete them though, they are simply re-created. Thanks 8886