Windows 10: How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

Discus and support How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a good 1080 monitor and an nvidia 1060 graphics chip. Yet I see jagged edges on font. I've tried correcting this with clear font but it doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Nov 24, 2020.

1. yahanna Win User

How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

I have a good 1080 monitor and an nvidia 1060 graphics chip. Yet I see jagged edges on font. I've tried correcting this with clear font but it doesnt help. How do I get the font smoother looking without jaggedness?

:)

yahanna, Nov 24, 2020

2. Nokia E71 jagged fonts

Just got the excellent E71. However, fonts are really jagged and the edges aren't smooth at all. Is there any fix or anything I need to download to make them more smoother.

davindersangha, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Lily W. Win User
    Comic Sans font appears jagged and ugly

A while back, the Comic Sans font began to appear jagged and ugly in Chrome and text editors such as Notepad. No other fonts appear to have any smoothing issues; only Comic Sans appeared to have visibly changed.

While the font looks ugly when used in Chrome and text editors, when I tried typing with Comic Sans in paint.net, it appeared perfectly fine—no jagged edges. It looked just like it did elsewhere before.

I screenshotted a comparison between Comic Sans in paint.net (how it should look) and Notepad (all ugly and jagged).

I'd heard Windows 10 had font issues, but I haven't found anything specifically on Comic Sans looking like this. Any idea how to make the font display properly?

Lily W., Nov 24, 2020
  4. How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

fonts

Hi,

For clarification regarding your smooth fonts in Windows, we would like to know if you are referring to the
    Smooth edges of screen fonts option in Windows 10. If yes, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to select it:

• Type-in advanced in the search box, and click View advanced system settings on the list.
    • As the System Properties window shows up, tap Settings in Performance.
    • Select Smooth edges of screen fonts, and hit OK.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

1. How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ? - Similar Threads - Smooth Jagged Edges

2. How do i use the font??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i use the font??: Hi so I installed a font but then I go to word then check if my font is already there but it wasn't I tried PowerPoint I check nothing which platform that I can use the font?? please help ty I cant really describe but yah...
  3. how do I add a font?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I add a font?: How do I add a font to W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-font/e77d5b00-feb8-4052-aa1a-609b0fa53f4f
  4. Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Not Smooth URL SearchBar: This is an odd one, and a minor gripe, so please bear with me. As of yesterday when I click the URL searchbar (at the top) the transition to "most popular" and "log" happens in two chunks without a smooth scroll. The best way to describe this is if you click the "..."...
  5. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.: I bought gaming pc before 1 month after 2-3 weeks i see shimmering in gta 5 euro truck simulator 2 fortnite insurgency project cars 2 MY PC I3 8100 PALIT GTX 1050 TI MSI H310M PRO-M2 8GB DDR4 ADATA 240GB SSD ADATA 550W POWER SUPLY Things that i try. Using 2 secound...
  6. How Do I install Fonts?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How Do I install Fonts?: I would like to add different Fonts to MS Word, Libre Office, and WPS Office. Can someone tell me how to do this? Are they installed in Windows 10 somewhere and then the Offices can detect them, or do I need to install them in each Office Directory ? 113067
  7. How to change font smoothing in control panel?

How to change font smoothing in control panel?: It is possible to disable Font Smoothing in Control Panel? [img] I mean all text sharp as This (Windows 7)? [img] Thanks 106051
  8. disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge: Does anyone know how to disable font-smoothing in MS Edge? The system-wide setting doesnt work. 10692
  9. How do I change the font?

How do I change the font?: So I want to make a new font to use on my computer instead of Arial but I can't figure out how to change the default font. Any help would be great. Thanks! 29905
  10. Font smoothing updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Font smoothing updates?: Hi, I skipped Windows 8.1 after trying it for a while since font smoothing was terribly bad in some parts of the OS (such as Metro) and I found tons of threads on forums that tried to solve this problem for people who experience bad looking fonts like me but I didn't have...