Windows 10: How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

Discus and support How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a good 1080 monitor and an nvidia 1060 graphics chip. Yet I see jagged edges on font. I've tried correcting this with clear font but it doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Nov 24, 2020.

1. yahanna Win User

How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

I have a good 1080 monitor and an nvidia 1060 graphics chip. Yet I see jagged edges on font. I've tried correcting this with clear font but it doesnt help. How do I get the font smoother looking without jaggedness?

:)

yahanna, Nov 24, 2020

2. Nokia E71 jagged fonts

Just got the excellent E71. However, fonts are really jagged and the edges aren't smooth at all. Is there any fix or anything I need to download to make them more smoother.

davindersangha, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Lily W. Win User
    Comic Sans font appears jagged and ugly

A while back, the Comic Sans font began to appear jagged and ugly in Chrome and text editors such as Notepad. No other fonts appear to have any smoothing issues; only Comic Sans appeared to have visibly changed.

While the font looks ugly when used in Chrome and text editors, when I tried typing with Comic Sans in paint.net, it appeared perfectly fine—no jagged edges. It looked just like it did elsewhere before.

I screenshotted a comparison between Comic Sans in paint.net (how it should look) and Notepad (all ugly and jagged).

I'd heard Windows 10 had font issues, but I haven't found anything specifically on Comic Sans looking like this. Any idea how to make the font display properly?

Lily W., Nov 24, 2020
  4. How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

fonts

Hi,

For clarification regarding your smooth fonts in Windows, we would like to know if you are referring to the
    Smooth edges of screen fonts option in Windows 10. If yes, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to select it:

• Type-in advanced in the search box, and click View advanced system settings on the list.
    • As the System Properties window shows up, tap Settings in Performance.
    • Select Smooth edges of screen fonts, and hit OK.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ?

1. How Do I Smooth Out Jagged Edges on Font ? - Similar Threads - Smooth Jagged Edges

2. Preeti font is not smoothly Running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preeti font is not smoothly Running: Preeti font Nepali is not working properly on my windows 11 from the beginning. I have microsoft 2010. and US, UK, Australia English keyboard. Nepali typing is smooth on Nepali keyboard but not in other keyboard. Specially, Shift + F, ],', Alt + number, are not working, they...
  3. Jagged fonts

Jagged fonts: I've had this annoyance with Windows for a long time. The problem has been with Windows 7,8,10, and 11. -It's one of the reasons In that past that I have used Ubuntu. But I realize that I may be unfair towards the Windows community. By default -The fonts sections are almost...
  4. Jagged fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jagged fonts: I've had this annoyance with Windows for a long time. The problem has been with Windows 7,8,10, and 11. -It's one of the reasons In that past that I have used Ubuntu. But I realize that I may be unfair towards the Windows community. By default -The fonts sections are almost...
  5. Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave: I'm not sure exactly what I did, but now some text in my browser appears jagged. Most sites work fine. But some are broken. Here's what it looks like;https://imgur.com/a/Gdn6f53There's also a problem where when a site hasn't yet finished loading, text appears instead of...
  6. Jagged / incomplete fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jagged / incomplete fonts: Hi,I've been recently working on some textures, and as they need to have an extremely low resolution, I used the font size 7.5.The blue 'Try' in the screenshot shows how it looks like.However, in the past month or so, there apparently was some update or something that broke...
  7. fonts all jagged and blocky

fonts all jagged and blocky: Web pages fonts all jagged and blocky, letters missing, boxes in place of a letter green boxes appear some programs appear ok, but open to text, then that appears. Facebook text is ok, but green box will appear on some images Ancestry text looks ok, but when I go to enter...
  8. How to change font smoothing in control panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change font smoothing in control panel?: It is possible to disable Font Smoothing in Control Panel? [img] I mean all text sharp as This (Windows 7)? [img] Thanks 106051
  9. disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    disable font-smoothing in Microsoft Edge: Does anyone know how to disable font-smoothing in MS Edge? The system-wide setting doesnt work. 10692
  10. Font smoothing updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Font smoothing updates?: Hi, I skipped Windows 8.1 after trying it for a while since font smoothing was terribly bad in some parts of the OS (such as Metro) and I found tons of threads on forums that tried to solve this problem for people who experience bad looking fonts like me but I didn't have...