Windows 10: How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?

Discus and support How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Win 10 has stopped working with Overdrive. Overdrive tells me it's a compatibility issue with Windows Is there a solution?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MickeyCoffey, Jan 28, 2023.

1. How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?

Win 10 has stopped working with Overdrive. Overdrive tells me it's a compatibility issue with Windows Is there a solution?

:)

MickeyCoffey, Jan 28, 2023
  2. Zippy01 Win User

Overdrive win 10 Library App returns error HRESULT E_FAIL to COM component

Download of files in Overdrive has not worked ever on the SP4 once I installed the Overdrive app .. despite reinstall and other steps noted in the original posting .. both before and after recent updates ... using earlier restore point did not solve the
    problem

Turning firewall off does not solve the problem

Other suggestions?

Zippy01, Jan 28, 2023
  3. samcat61 Win User
    Overdrive does not support Win Phone 7

Andres M,

Been there, done that! Overdrive tech support says they can't make Overdrive Media Console work on a Win Phone 7 with Zune.

The support page you refer to takes the visitor in circles.

Any other suggestions of how to listen or read books downloaded from a library using Overdrive Media Console on a Win Phone 7?

You might want to contact Overdrive tech support directly and update the page you referred to.

samcat61, Jan 28, 2023
  4. Ruz San Win User

How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?

Overdrive win 10 Library App returns error HRESULT E_FAIL to COM component

Hi,

To understand this better, can you answer a few questions?

• Were you able to download files in OverDrive before with the same settings on your PC?
    • Did this start to happen after an update?

Let's see if the problem is related to the firewall setup on your computer. It may be blocking the downloads in OverDrive.

Please follow the steps on this
    page
    to turn Windows Firewall off.

Open OverDrive after disabling Windows Firewall, and try to download a file.

Let us know the outcome.

Ruz San, Jan 28, 2023
Thema:

How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?

1. How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue? - Similar Threads - solve Overdrive compatibility

2. How do i solve a disk issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i solve a disk issue: So basically I accidentally deleted a hard drive while redownloading windows 10, how do i recover it as it doesnt show up on disk manager but it does on device manager....
  3. How do i solve a disk issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i solve a disk issue: So basically I accidentally deleted a hard drive while redownloading windows 10, how do i recover it as it doesnt show up on disk manager but it does on device manager....
  4. How do i solve a disk issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?: Win 10 has stopped working with Overdrive. Overdrive tells me it's a compatibility issue with Windows Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-a-win-10-overdrive-compatibility/89c98b73-eb8f-4283-9cbf-8c787800fbb3
  6. How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I solve a win 10/ Overdrive compatibility issue?: Win 10 has stopped working with Overdrive. Overdrive tells me it's a compatibility issue with Windows Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-a-win-10-overdrive-compatibility/89c98b73-eb8f-4283-9cbf-8c787800fbb3
  7. How do I solve this issue??? "KiosK"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I solve this issue??? "KiosK": Try to remove this Kiosk but this message kept pooping up... [ATTACH] anyone?? much appreciated : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-this-issue-kiosk/7583d44a-6fb2-40db-8a66-14ee55441f68
  8. How do I solve Fault bucket issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I solve Fault bucket issues?: There are a long listing of FAULT BUCKET entry and CANNOT LOAD PRINTER drives I need help removing these issues. Thanks for any provided. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-fault-bucket-issues/1608d5ca-da29-4516-8bec-ff7e60c734c5
  9. How do I solve administrator issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I solve administrator issue on Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to install HP PSC 1300 Series printer with the CD, however, windows 10 keeps telling me I am not the administrator but I am. Windows 10 is very frustrating. 30333
  10. How do I clear win 10 compatability check results

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I clear win 10 compatability check results: I checked the compatibility of my system and the video card failed and it is not supported in win 10. I bought a compatible card and installed the drivers. Now when I try to upgrade to win 10 it will not run the compatibility test again and still shows the old video card as...