Windows 10: How do I solve issue of not being able to open picture files .bmp, .jpeg, .png? Details within

Discus and support How do I solve issue of not being able to open picture files .bmp, .jpeg, .png? Details within in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I attempt to open an image file I receive this message: [ATTACH] Does not matter what drive the image is on, or which image file it is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MercedesL91, Jan 25, 2020.

1. How do I solve issue of not being able to open picture files .bmp, .jpeg, .png? Details within

Every time I attempt to open an image file I receive this message:

How do I solve issue of not being able to open picture files .bmp, .jpeg, .png? Details within 6bc63855-fcfd-456c-85cf-23ade0101970?upload=true.png

Does not matter what drive the image is on, or which image file it is.

I've already attempted to change what app is the default for opening images. I've tried taking ownership.

I'm not sure if this is related, but I have disabled Cortana via registry entries. No, I'm not turning her back on.

:)

MercedesL91, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jan 25, 2020
  3. allocate BMP file and convert to JPEG

allocate BMP file and convert to JPEG

Heres what I want.... I want a program to allocate every BMP file within my hard drive for me and convert it to JPEG.... without "saving as" but just replace it with the original and everything in its orginal directory.

Say like i have bmp file in c/program/haha and in c/duc/hoho and i want those bmp files to be converted to jepeg and keeping everything as is.

Is there any program exist the way i want it?

btw I use win dir stat... it can allocate bmp files for me but I want a program to allovate for me and convert to jpeg for me by keeping everything as is... like original directory and replacing the original file.

HiddenStupid, Jan 25, 2020
  4. gm_w Win User

How do I solve issue of not being able to open picture files .bmp, .jpeg, .png? Details within

why image-viewer does not support bmp files?

bmp is the most basic representation of a picture. why image-viewer cannot open it? i can see the thumbnails, but i cannot open it.

what other options do i have with bmp files? i could open them with maemo browser or firefox. but i have too many pics, selecting them in browser is too slow

Thema:

How do I solve issue of not being able to open picture files .bmp, .jpeg, .png? Details within

1. How do I solve issue of not being able to open picture files .bmp, .jpeg, .png? Details within - Similar Threads - solve issue being

2. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  3. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.A ICO file is real nice.It can become, the picture on a desktop shortcut.What I need is to, convert either of these files.To an ICO file.Without, mentioning names. Most of these applications, have a limit.After converting, a few...
  4. Converting a JPEG or PNG file to an ICO file

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Print Pictures" app will NOT stop opening my PNG and JPEG files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Print Pictures" app will NOT stop opening my PNG and JPEG files.: This is an infuriating one, I cannot open PNG and JPEG files with IrfanView as default, or any photo viewer for that matter. Windows forces Print Pictures to be the default for these files. In fact, when I try to change the file extension associations in IrfanView's settings...
  6. "Print Pictures" app will NOT stop opening my PNG and JPEG files.

"Print Pictures" app will NOT stop opening my PNG and JPEG files.: This is an infuriating one, I cannot open PNG and JPEG files with IrfanView as default, or any photo viewer for that matter. Windows forces Print Pictures to be the default for these files. In fact, when I try to change the file extension associations in IrfanView's settings...
  7. importing or opening a jpeg or png the entire photo turns black within seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    importing or opening a jpeg or png the entire photo turns black within seconds: When importing or opening a jpeg or png the entire photo turns black within seconds. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-or-opening-a-jpeg-or-png-the-entire/ed7c46f0-bec2-4ca6-a661-c343aa1b96ac
  8. Open with bmp files issue

Open with bmp files issue: i have a problem with open with bmp file with paint *Sick it is really weird sc2.bmp < i right click, open with paint there is no problem but when a blank in the file name like this sc2 try.bmp < when i right click, open with paint it says can not find sc2.png file i...
  9. Open with bmp files issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Open with bmp files issue: i have a problem with open with bmp file with paint *Sick it is really weird sc2.bmp < i right click, open with paint there is no problem but when a blank in the file name like this sc2 try.bmp < when i right click, open with paint it says can not find sc2.png file i...
  10. Screenshot Settings. PNG JPEG BMP etc....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screenshot Settings. PNG JPEG BMP etc....: Is it possible to change the default image format for taking screenshots by pressing [ PrtScrn ] button? Here's where I am boggled: In the game "Star Citizen" you can press [ PrtScrn ] button and a screenshot is saved to C:\Program Files\Roberts Space...