Windows 10: How do I solve the ''Critical Error''?

Discus and support How do I solve the ''Critical Error''? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I turned off Cortana in the startup section on Task Manager and I think that that's what causing the error. I tried disabling other apps too and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielDj., Apr 14, 2021.

1. DanielDj. Win User

How do I solve the ''Critical Error''?

I turned off Cortana in the startup section on Task Manager and I think that that's what causing the error. I tried disabling other apps too and they stopped working, but I was able to enable them again. When I went back to enable her again she wasn't there.

How do I solve the ''Critical Error''? 8094ffa8-10b1-4de5-9fac-e79f32f1ecb5?upload=true.png

I don't know what to do and how to enable her again because my start, search and Cortana button won't work anymore and every time i click on the windows button I just have to sign out. It has been like this for weeks.

:)

DanielDj., Apr 14, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Critical Error Popup

Hi QUENDALEWARD,

Corrupted system files may be the possible cause why you received a critical error. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot
    Start menu.

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Windows 10 critical error

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task.
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.
    • Type CMD.
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window.
    • Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Also refer to the suggestions provided by Ravinath and check.

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 14, 2021
  4. How do I solve the ''Critical Error''?

Karthicka_R, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

How do I solve the ''Critical Error''?

1. How do I solve the ''Critical Error''? - Similar Threads - solve ''Critical Error''

2. How do I solve the following error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve the following error?: I am trying to get into Microsoft word and power point and I get the following error, any suggestions to fix this?--------------------------- WINWORD.EXE - Application Error --------------------------- The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to...
  3. How do I solve the following error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve the following error?: I am trying to get into Microsoft word and power point and I get the following error, any suggestions to fix this?--------------------------- WINWORD.EXE - Application Error --------------------------- The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142. Click OK to...
  4. How do I solve the following error?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I solve this error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve this error: I need help with this glitch, I tried searching in the web and couldn't find an answer for this.for some reason, windows sudddenly changed the name of all the shortcuts related to settings to...
  6. How do I solve this error

How do I solve this error: I need help with this glitch, I tried searching in the web and couldn't find an answer for this.for some reason, windows sudddenly changed the name of all the shortcuts related to settings to...
  7. How to solve critical service failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve critical service failure: My laptop is Hp elite book 840G3, Windows 10. Log file: C:\Windows32\Logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt.I am unable to open in safe mode, I even tried to reset but keep saying fail to reset no update....
  8. How to solve critical service failure

How to solve critical service failure: My laptop is Hp elite book 840G3, Windows 10. Log file: C:\Windows32\Logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt.I am unable to open in safe mode, I even tried to reset but keep saying fail to reset no update....
  9. How to solve critical service failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. How Do I Solve This?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Solve This?: When I try to open this folder this pops up. I am not sure how to connect the disc/drive and for some reason It says that I am not connected to a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-this/02d971ca-f039-4732-9ab6-c0742fe5ba84