Windows 10: How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7

Discus and support How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7After I installed Windows 7 64-bit system, then I installed repair packages, Service Pack + and some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Youssef Pro, Nov 15, 2021.

1. How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7

How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7After I installed Windows 7 64-bit system, then I installed repair packages, Service Pack + and some system updates, but why I have it shows that it is RAM Usable because in my computer I have about 6 GB RAM, but the system did not use all the RAM and also I tried to solve the problem from During System Configuration, I went to the Boot option and chose my system and the check mark was not activated on the RAM option, but activate it and suddenly it gave me the number or number of my RAM, which is 6144, meaning that it is 6 GB RAM, but afte

:)

Youssef Pro, Nov 15, 2021

2. Windows 7 RAM problem

i noticed a wierd issue with Windows 7 Ultimate RC1 and the RAM that i am using

Current PC config:-

E4500@ 2.2Ghz OC'd 3Ghz
    2x1GB Team Xtreem DDR2 @800 Mhz 4-4-4-12
    2x2GB Team Xtreem Dark DDR2 @800 Mhz 4-4-4-12
    Nvidia 8600GT

Anyways, windows 7 was running fine when i had the CPu OC'd to 3Ghz and 2x1Gb OD's to 500Mhz 4-4-4-12. Windows 7 showed that 2 GB RAM was installed

Once i added 2x2Gb, it shows 6Gb installed (5.50Gb usable).

Now if i re-install windows 7, it first shows the RAM as 6Gb...after a couple of reboots goes back to 6Gb installed (5.50Gb usable).

From what i know, this issue is supposed to be with 32bit OS'es as they are unable to recognize more that 4 Gb of RAM. I'm using the x64 edition and facing a similar problem.

Any suggestion/tips will be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

brickmonkey, Nov 15, 2021
  3. techideas Win User
    Ram 32GB (31.9 usable)

below are reported fixes

• update BIOS
    • Take out RAM sticks completely re-sit (this worked for me weird)
    • Run>Ms-config>Boot options>advanced boot>un-tick maximum memory

I had windows 7 Pro 64bit upgraded to windows 10 pro 64 bit I had 12gb 3x4 gb it sais 12gb (usable 4gb)

Turning of computer completely unplugging cable from power supple making sure no power is left in the motherboard or power supply, removed all the RAM reinserted this fixed the problem which is weird considering before upgrade windows 7 pro saw all 12 gb
    and could use it.

techideas, Nov 15, 2021
  4. gums4588 Win User

How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7

Ram problem with Windows 7

I'm having a problem with running Windows 7 on all my sticks of ram.

Before I say anything, I have relatively old hardware in my computer (3 1/2 years now).

I recently installed Windows 7 64 bit (which was a struggle in itself). I had 4 GB of DDR ram (4x1GB) and Windows would crash on install. I took one stick out and the install ran fine. Then it would freeze at the end of the install, so I had to take one of my video cards (Geforce 7950) to finish installation. After Windows 7 installed, I just downloaded the graphics drivers and it runs fine in SLI now. But I still can't get the OS to run on all 4 GB of ram. When I boot up, the system will reset itself upon booting of Windows.

With 3GB and SLI graphics cards the system runs fine.

I don't know if this is because my hardware is simply too old and incompatible or if the motherboard doesn't like all the ram slots occupied... or whatever else the problem may be.

Also, when I look in bios with 4 GB or ram, it shows all installed and usable. However, with the 3 GB, it shows 3 installed but only 2 usable. Any ideas?

Any input would be appreciated!

gums4588, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7

1. How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7 - Similar Threads - solve RAM Usable

2. usable ram problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usable ram problem: Hello everyone, I have a problem like this, I am using a desktop pc, a device with amd am3+ ddr3 msi 970 ms 7693 motherboard, amd phenom II X II 555 cpu, ati radeon 4600 graphics card, 16384 ram, windows 10 pro 22H2, on this device Although it sees the amount of ram that is...
  3. usable ram problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usable ram problem: Hello everyone, I have a problem like this, I am using a desktop pc, a device with amd am3+ ddr3 msi 970 ms 7693 motherboard, amd phenom II X II 555 cpu, ati radeon 4600 graphics card, 16384 ram, windows 10 pro 22H2, on this device Although it sees the amount of ram that is...
  4. usable ram problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how do i solve the problem 800B0109 on windows 7?

how do i solve the problem 800B0109 on windows 7?: i was trying to install an update on my pc and it says Some updates were not installed and the error code was 800B0109 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-the-problem-800b0109-on-windows-7/a268efde-1095-4741-b4f1-1a239e7f244f
  6. Is there a permanent solution to the problem of RAM Usable on Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a permanent solution to the problem of RAM Usable on Windows 7: My friend has a computer running Windows 7 and he told me that he has a problem with the Ram usable. Is there a solution to this problem, thank you These are the specifications of the device.Please provide the answer so that I can help him. Thank you for your efforts...
  7. Is there a permanent solution to the problem of RAM Usable on Windows 7

Is there a permanent solution to the problem of RAM Usable on Windows 7: My friend has a computer running Windows 7 and he told me that he has a problem with the Ram usable. Is there a solution to this problem, thank you These are the specifications of the device.Please provide the answer so that I can help him. Thank you for your efforts...
  8. How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7

How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7: How do I solve the RAM Usable problem on Windows 7After I installed Windows 7 64-bit system, then I installed repair packages, Service Pack + and some system updates, but why I have it shows that it is RAM Usable because in my computer I have about 6 GB RAM, but the system...
  9. Usable ram probleme

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usable ram probleme: Hello, I have windows 10 Pro 64 bit 20H2 S1.0. Installed ram : 4.00 GB 2.92 GB usable. the probleme is why just 2.92 GB of ram usable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usable-ram-probleme/4f491ee4-79e2-4178-8866-be88d88c78a1
  10. Usable ram problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usable ram problem: Hi. I'm running win 10 64-bit. I recently noticed that only 3.96 gb RAM is available of 8 gb. I tried unchecking that maximum memory button in system configuration(you know, the solution that everyone is recommending), and no change. I also tried setting maximum memory to...