Windows 10: How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options?

Discus and support How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there [ATTACH] The 2 boot devices are registered here ... but read on. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I actually had my Samsung notebook originally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by xprt007, May 9, 2019.

1. xprt007 Win User

How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options?

Hi there

How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options? 87554d38-528c-4747-99c8-1a9ebfa8f207?upload=true.jpg

The 2 boot devices are registered here ... but read on.

How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options? 569d9970-01c9-4fc5-bc47-aa29f776de14?upload=true.jpg

How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options? d3964a18-bb21-4647-bbc8-96fba779ce19?upload=true.jpg

I actually had my Samsung notebook originally with Win 8, upgraded to Win 10 working normally up to yesterday. Because I had a project requiring using Windows 7 and upgrading it to Win 10, and for which I could not use Virtualbox, I decided to make a fresh system image backup, something I have done many times to use later to restore it.

As I was trying to install Win 7, for a long time, somehow the BIOS settings to change the boot order and utility to DVD or USB drive somehow seemed in spite of saving them with F10 (Save and Exit) not to stay, because after booting, the PC acted as if there were not made. This went on for a long time, until I almost gave up, until I discovered when booting, clicking F10 opens a utility specifically for setting a boot device or choose to enter set-up, which worked this time.

Win 7 could not be installed, i was warned with the existing GPT(?) partitions or something like that, so I was forced to delete all partitions. Since I had ever had to replace the HDD and used a system image, I thought this was no big deal.

As I was installing Windows 7, I discovered during the related automatic restarts, it did not boot to the HDD for the same reason, so I used the method of F10 utility until the installation was finished.

So far so good.

Later on, after managing to get Win 7 to work and installing the network drivers, etc, I went back to BIOS to see if I could solve this problem of setting the HDD to be the #1 boot device, so I do not have to use this F10 utility all the time.

For some reason I have not quite got, something I have NEVER ever had with Win 8 or 10 and long before with Win 7, which I worked with for years, for the countless times I have dealt with BIOS and boot device order, as mentioned above, ... after needing to boot back to Win 7 and having to use this F10 key on booting that leads to specifically a utility for selecting the boot order ===>>> with the options => HDD and DVD drive + the option to select DEFAULTS, I decided to choose the DEFAULTS, something which in BIOS-proper simply reset to default values, which could not be bad.

In this case however, when I booted and only had BIOS as an option, I discovered the other boot options, ie HDD + DVD are simply not there in BIOS, with the "Aptio Setup Utility" showing the Boot Option Priority area empty.

How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options? 6a706119-e055-4a56-8b8c-8ef3146ddd26?upload=true.jpg

NOTHING I have done with enabling or disabling Secure Boot, PXE OPROM or Fast BIOS Mode, makes any of the Boot Options come, ALTHOUGH, under SysInfo, the 2 gadgets HDD and DVD player are shown to be present and occupying SATA Port 1 & 2 respectively. (See first screenshot above)

So currently, I have Windows 7 on the HDD which I do not see how to access and a System Image with all my Data and functioning Win 10 OS.

So my question is, how on earth do I get this Aptio Setup Utility to show at least the HDD so I can be able to finish my experiment with Win 7 and more important, revert to my functioning Win 10?

How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options? ab20f015-7c23-4ab2-81a1-4a04d5f33a83?upload=true.jpg

I'm getting quite desperate not being able to get to where I can boot to the HDD, since under "Boot" it's not there and in BIOS F9 (Setup Defaults) leaves me with this empty boot space, the utility specifically availed by Samsung to quickly select a boot device by tapping F10 when booting, instead of having at least the options: HDD, DVD and Enter Setup, only has Enter Set up.

I would appreciate your help.

Regards

:)

xprt007, May 9, 2019

2. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, May 9, 2019
  3. Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, May 9, 2019
  4. How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options?

Booting to BIOS

look to see if it has some sort of "boot to bios" option. im lost with this one....i cant think of much more than what ive suggested. Most Motherboards have different Bios/booting options. Try them all , see if makes a change.

if nothing works, time to contact the Manufacturer.

Sorry I couldnt be of help

jboydgolfer, May 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options?

1. How do I solve this BIOS issue with no boot options? - Similar Threads - solve BIOS issue

2. How do I solve this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I solve this?: I have tried many ways, such as1. Using these codereg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Policies"...
  3. How do I solve this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I solve this?: I have tried many ways, such as1. Using these codereg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\Policies" /freg delete "HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Policies"...
  4. How do i solve a disk issue

How do i solve a disk issue: So basically I accidentally deleted a hard drive while redownloading windows 10, how do i recover it as it doesnt show up on disk manager but it does on device manager....
  5. How do i solve a disk issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i solve a disk issue: So basically I accidentally deleted a hard drive while redownloading windows 10, how do i recover it as it doesnt show up on disk manager but it does on device manager....
  6. How do i solve a disk issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How Do I Solve This?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Solve This?: When I try to open this folder this pops up. I am not sure how to connect the disc/drive and for some reason It says that I am not connected to a network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-this/02d971ca-f039-4732-9ab6-c0742fe5ba84
  8. How do I solve this?

How do I solve this?: I was trying out some settings, and one of them was supposed to close. Now I'm stuck on a solid grey screen. My cursor still works, as well as my task manager, but I don't know how to solve the issue....
  9. How do I solve this issue??? "KiosK"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I solve this issue??? "KiosK": Try to remove this Kiosk but this message kept pooping up... [ATTACH] anyone?? much appreciated : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-this-issue-kiosk/7583d44a-6fb2-40db-8a66-14ee55441f68
  10. How do I solve Fault bucket issues?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I solve Fault bucket issues?: There are a long listing of FAULT BUCKET entry and CANNOT LOAD PRINTER drives I need help removing these issues. Thanks for any provided. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-solve-fault-bucket-issues/1608d5ca-da29-4516-8bec-ff7e60c734c5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop operating system not found aptio setup