Windows 10: How do I sort by foldername, then by file date

Discus and support How do I sort by foldername, then by file date in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello How do I sort my files in File Manager (in Windows 10 Pro x64) so that the folders are at the top, and then the files are in date last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Feb 17, 2017.

1. ship69 Win User

How do I sort by foldername, then by file date

Hello

How do I sort my files in File Manager (in Windows 10 Pro x64) so that the folders are at the top, and then the files are in date last modified order.

With thanks

J

:)

ship69, Feb 17, 2017

2. How do you sort by sender, date, recipient, etc. in Windows Mail without using the Search bar?

Hi,

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Is the issue related to mail app or outlook client?

If the issue is related with the mail app then I suggest you to click on the smiley icon where you can provide the feedback regarding this issue.

I also suggest you to check the Microsoft link on Organize your inbox and check if it helps.

Outlook help - Office Support

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 17, 2017
  3. BBLACK_99 Win User
    How do you sort by sender, date, recipient, etc. in Windows Mail without using the Search bar?

Original Title: Mail in Windows 10

How do you sort by sender, date, recipient, etc. in Windows Mail without using the Search bar?

BBLACK_99, Feb 17, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

One option is to create a Library with your preference. Don't know why, but Libraries are sorted folders first and then by date (if you select by date of course..)

Creating Library is simple... First make sure Libraries are shown (in file explorer in left tree right click on empty space and select New. Then you add folders.

How do I sort by foldername, then by file date [​IMG]

AndreTen, Feb 17, 2017
  5. ship69 Win User
    I only half-understand but it seems to have worked. So, how do I now apply that as the default sort order to ALL folders?
    Many thanks
    J

ship69, Feb 17, 2017
  6. AndreTen Win User
    I'm afraid it won't work for other folders. You can set frequently used folders as Libraries. Perhaps other geeks will have some idea...

Kinda funny, I've always wanted to get rid of that view in Library *Smile

AndreTen, Feb 17, 2017
  7. ship69 Win User
    Now I'm confused. In previous versions of Windows there used to be a way that you could set up a view to apply to all folders. Has that now gone?

J

ship69, Feb 17, 2017
  8. AndreTen Win User

No, it's still here. But this isn't ordinary folder. This is Library view.

About applying same view to folders (of different templates), there are tutorials by Brink.

AndreTen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I sort by foldername, then by file date - Similar Threads - sort foldername file

2. How to sort files by date added

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sort files by date added: How do i sort files by the date they were added to the folder, not the date they were created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-files-by-date-added/8391ea82-1e52-4b8e-b38b-b41758cf9bc5
  3. How to sort files by date added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sort files by date added: How do i sort files by the date they were added to the folder, not the date they were created? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-files-by-date-added/8391ea82-1e52-4b8e-b38b-b41758cf9bc5
  4. How do I keep a file sorted by Date Descending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep a file sorted by Date Descending: I can manage to keep my files sorted by date ascending but I can't seem to figure out how to manage to put it on constant descending. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-keep-a-file-sorted-by-date-descending/882a77b1-edca-4c13-aca2-c6edfd97e8e5
  5. How do I keep a file sorted by Date Descending

How do I keep a file sorted by Date Descending: I can manage to keep my files sorted by date ascending but I can't seem to figure out how to manage to put it on constant descending. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-keep-a-file-sorted-by-date-descending/882a77b1-edca-4c13-aca2-c6edfd97e8e5
  6. sort by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  7. sort by date

sort by date: I download and collect a lot of anime pics. I have noticed ,that sometime recently, the sort by date setting ,no longer sorts them by the date I downloaded them, but rather by the original date on the picture. is there any way I can revert it back to using the date...
  8. How do I sort photos by date on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I sort photos by date on Windows 11?: I bought a new computer yesterday and am currently uploading my photos. On my previous computers photos were automatically uploaded into folders with the date the photos were taken for example 2016-07-22 But on this computer all photos from an SD card are in one folder. This...
  9. How do I sort photos by date on Windows 11?

How do I sort photos by date on Windows 11?: I bought a new computer yesterday and am currently uploading my photos. On my previous computers photos were automatically uploaded into folders with the date the photos were taken for example 2016-07-22 But on this computer all photos from an SD card are in one folder. This...
  10. How do I see all pictures and screenshots sorted by date ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I see all pictures and screenshots sorted by date ?: How do I see all pictures and screenshots sorted by newest date ? Trying to send or view photos on File Explorer it's like homework or a job. Folders on pictures don't show screenshots, this PC isn't sorted by date, screenshots doesn't show all screenshots, downloads...