Windows 10: How do i sort by month using file explorer viewing files on my samsung phone. I am not...

Discus and support How do i sort by month using file explorer viewing files on my samsung phone. I am not... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do i sort by month using file explorer viewing files on my samsung phone. I am not able to add my camera directory into a library.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Red1404, May 8, 2021.

1. Red1404 Win User

How do i sort by month using file explorer viewing files on my samsung phone. I am not...

How do i sort by month using file explorer viewing files on my samsung phone. I am not able to add my camera directory into a library.

:)

Red1404, May 8, 2021
  2. cereberus Win User

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, May 8, 2021
  3. File Explorer>View>Sort By Issues

The drop down list in File Explorer>View>Sort doesn't work in every folder! This happened after my "Windows 10, version 1903" update. Before that, it was fine. Does anyone have a solution?

JordanWhitworth, May 8, 2021
  4. How do i sort by month using file explorer viewing files on my samsung phone. I am not...

sort folders and files in explorer

Hi Greg,

You can filter the folders and files in File Explorer using the Sort by option. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• What do you mean when you mentioned “files sorted by latest first”?
    • You mentioned that you were able to perform it before, which Windows version were you using that time?
    • Can you provide us a detailed description of what you would like to perform?

In the meantime, you can try the following steps:

• Go to File Explorer.
    • Click the Drive where the files and folders are saved.
    • Under Current view, click Sort by.
    • Select Name if you would like to sort it alphabetically. Choose
      Date modified or Date created if you wanted to sort it by date. Refer to the image below.

How do i sort by month using file explorer  viewing files on my samsung phone.  I am not... ea8092d2-1503-4ff9-b2a2-42100640d71c.png

Please take note that you can’t apply two filters at a time.

Looking forward for your response.

Kristine Arp, May 8, 2021
Thema:

How do i sort by month using file explorer viewing files on my samsung phone. I am not...

1. How do i sort by month using file explorer viewing files on my samsung phone. I am not... - Similar Threads - sort month using

2. How do I change Files Explorer to Compact View?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change Files Explorer to Compact View?: I can't get Files Explorer to change to compact view. I've tried:1. Enable Compact View in File Explorer – Compact View is chosen2. Enable Compact View in File Explorer Using Folder Options – Compact View is chosen:3. Regedit -- Compact Mode is set to 1I've checked Ultimate...
  3. How do I change Files Explorer to Compact View?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change Files Explorer to Compact View?: I can't get Files Explorer to change to compact view. I've tried:1. Enable Compact View in File Explorer – Compact View is chosen2. Enable Compact View in File Explorer Using Folder Options – Compact View is chosen:3. Regedit -- Compact Mode is set to 1I've checked Ultimate...
  4. How do I change the way Explorer sorts file names?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change the way Explorer sorts file names?: Currently I have files that someone else named. They put dates at the end of the file names using the format of "dd-mm-yyyy". Needless to say it's annoying and frustrating to look for files or keep track of what is there since I'm used to using the format "yymmdd" due to the...
  5. Can't view my samsung phones files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't view my samsung phones files: I've been trying to view my samsung Android phones files but for some reason I can't. I know for a fact it's my computers fault because I tried to view them on another pc and I could see them. I checked in Device manager and it said the proper driver wasn't installed, so I...
  6. How to Stop File Explorer Sorting by Week and Month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Stop File Explorer Sorting by Week and Month: After the recent update Windows file explorer is now grouping items by day, week and month. I do not want this. I want the old way back please. How do I get rid of this new sorting? I hope this is not going to be like what happened to media folders where they now display...
  7. "File Explorer>View>Sort by" Not Working

"File Explorer>View>Sort by" Not Working: (I posted this before, but only one person responded. But unfortunately, they didn't have the solution.) The drop down list in File Explorer>View>Sort by doesn't work in some folders! This happened after my latest Windows 10 update; Windows 10, version 1903. Before that, it...
  8. File Explorer>View>Sort By Issues

File Explorer>View>Sort By Issues: The drop down list in File Explorer>View>Sort doesn't work in every folder! This happened after my "Windows 10, version 1903" update. Before that, it was fine. Does anyone have a solution?...
  9. How do I view *.wmf files in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I view *.wmf files in File Explorer?: I have a folder dedicated to clipart and the majority of the files are *.wmf. When using File Explorer, none of them show a thumbnail, just an icon of what looks like a pencil cup full of pencils/pens. I can open them to see what they are, but trying to find something that...
  10. How do I set a default view in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I set a default view in File Explorer?: I want 'List', not 'Details'. I could keep it at 'List' view in Windows 7, but I don't see a setting for that option any more? Also, I downloaded a program called Explorer Plus Plus, which I love. Is there any way in Windows 10 to make IT my default Folder opener?...