Windows 10: How do I specify a specific driver using the command behavior hardware

Discus and support How do I specify a specific driver using the command behavior hardware in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I noticed that: InfDefaultInstall.exe pnputil Add-WindowsDriver (Dism.exe) They just add the driver to the system-driver storage pool,The choice of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by he852100, Nov 20, 2018.

1. he852100 Win User

How do I specify a specific driver using the command behavior hardware

I noticed that:
    InfDefaultInstall.exe
    pnputil
    Add-WindowsDriver (Dism.exe)
    They just add the driver to the system-driver storage pool,The choice of the driver is entirely determined by the system, and he will rank the drive.Pick what it thinks is the "best driver".
    In fact, the driver it chooses doesn't make the hardware work properly, and I need to manually specify it.

I can't specify it using Devcon.exe, Devcon.exe does not support compatible drivers in the experiment, he needs the hardware ID to match exactly.I need to specify a compatible driver.

Next, what should I do?

:)

he852100, Nov 20, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How do I specify a specific driver using the command behavior hardware :)

3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 20, 2018
  4. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

1. How do I specify a specific driver using the command behavior hardware - Similar Threads - specify specific driver

2. The specified printer driver is currently in use

in Windows 10 News
    The specified printer driver is currently in use: [ATTACH]When deleting a Printer driver, some Windows users get an error that stops them from completing the task. Users are unable to uninstall or remove the Printer driver and see multiple error messages saying that it is being used. In this post, we will talk about all of...
  3. how do i create a restore point for a specified drive using cmd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i create a restore point for a specified drive using cmd?: i would like to know if there is a command you can use in the command prompt that will create a restore point for a specified drive. for example, i could have a command that makes a restore point for C: while having another command that makes a restore point for D:...
  4. Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?: I have an ASUS laptop with an AMD CPU, and when some updates for the AMD drivers from ASUS are delivered, its through the Windows Update menu. Now, I am not 100% sure, but I am fairly confident this one driver update has been contributing to me have BSODs daily. Every time I...
  5. Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - How do I block a specific driver update?: I have an ASUS laptop with an AMD CPU, and when some updates for the AMD drivers from ASUS are delivered, its through the Windows Update menu. Now, I am not 100% sure, but I am fairly confident this one driver update has been contributing to me have BSODs daily. Every time I...
  6. specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    specify specific virtual desktop to open on specific monitor: What I want to do is: I have setup 3 virtual desktops, and I have 3 monitors - my laptop, 1 viewsonic and 1 hanns monitors. So I want to have each desktop assigned to specific monitor always. When I switch to that desktop, it should automatically open on the assigned monitor....
  7. Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver: Only change to my PC was updating Graphics Card Drivers twice in the time that these Blue screens began. Any help would be much appreciated! minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgY7nv5mIp3klG8E9dqFVoRp-CfP?e=mKoIPd...
  8. How do I restrict the use of an app for a specific user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I restrict the use of an app for a specific user?: There are many user accounts in my PC and I was thinking that I should restrict the use of an app for a specific user. For eg. I am the administrator and I want another user to stop using google chrome. Can I set any specific set of instructions for that? Thanks...
  9. How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I reset a specific power option using powercfg command?: I know "powercfg -restoredefaultschemes" restores all the settings in the scheme. But I did not record the default value of a setting before I changed it. Now I want to restore that setting. How do I do this?...
  10. How to make specific touchpad commands?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make specific touchpad commands?: I just bought a Dell XPS 13 coming from a Samsung Chromebook. The chromebook had this neat function that would close tabs when you tap it with three fingers, and open links in a new window with a three finger tap. Can I configure that on my new laptop? submitted by...