Windows 10: how do i spell check???

Discus and support how do i spell check??? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have home view and editing but no spell check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by starfoxjg, Oct 6, 2018.

1. starfoxjg Win User

how do i spell check???

I have home view and editing but no spell check

:)

starfoxjg, Oct 6, 2018
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows 10 spell check menu position

Dictionary file corruption is one of the possible reasons you're having challenges with spell checker. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you clear Spell Checking Dictionary on your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer, type %AppData%\Microsoft\Spelling into the address bar, and press
      Enter.
    • Open the folder for a language you want to customize (ex: en-US).
    • You can now clear the dic file.
    • When done, hit File in Notepad, click Save.
    After performing the steps above, let us know the results.

Dyan Rey, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Spell check

Hello David,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to perform spell check. I would like to know that is the issue specific to some application or with all application.

If you are facing issue with the Office application then I would suggest you to refer the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Check spelling and grammar

If issue is occurring while sending mail message then refer to the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Check spelling in a Windows Mail message

Note: The article is for Windows Vista but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope the information provided is helpful. Do let us know if you have any more concern related to Windows. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 6, 2018
  4. how do i spell check???

No spelling check in aditional language

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand you are trying to use a spelling check in Windows 10. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which application are you trying to use the spelling check?
    • Were you able to use it in Windows 7?
    • Which are the languages you are trying to use the spelling check?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

how do i spell check???

1. how do i spell check??? - Similar Threads - spell check

2. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  3. how do you do spell check in notepad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do you do spell check in notepad?: How do you do spell check in notepad? How do you make only one line Bold and not the whole page? How do you underline only one word?I went into file, edit and view, I found how to change the font but it changes the entire page even if I highlight just one line. Confused...
  4. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  5. Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words

Spell-Check is Turned Off in Settings But Still Highlighting Words: Spell-Check is turned off in Windows settings, but still highlighting words with a red squiggly underline in my Proton Mail desktop app which doesn't have an in-built spell-checker. This doesn't happen in any other apps, including Word, WordPad and NotePad....
  6. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed: Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my...
  7. Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed

Windows 10 system-wide spell check for non-English languages is absent and cannot be installed: Previously before the next cumulative update, I suspect, Windows 10 system-wide spell check was available for other than English languages. But now, if you go to settings, you will see that the ABC icon is only available for English language.I use WhatsApp extensively for my...
  8. Windows 11 Spell Check BIG ISSUE JAN 5 2024 HELPPPPPPPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Spell Check BIG ISSUE JAN 5 2024 HELPPPPPPPP: I just reinstalled Windows 11 with Microsoft Support member and still have same crappy spell check issue.They denied it over and over again and I have spent 8 hours in troubleshooting.So the support guy goes lets just start over its a hardware problem or corrupt file. I say...
  9. Windows 11 Spell Check BIG ISSUE JAN 5 2024 HELPPPPPPPP

Windows 11 Spell Check BIG ISSUE JAN 5 2024 HELPPPPPPPP: I just reinstalled Windows 11 with Microsoft Support member and still have same crappy spell check issue.They denied it over and over again and I have spent 8 hours in troubleshooting.So the support guy goes lets just start over its a hardware problem or corrupt file. I say...
  10. Why is spell check in Windows 11 so much worse than Windows 10 is there something I can do...

Why is spell check in Windows 11 so much worse than Windows 10 is there something I can do...: I got a new laptop with Windows 11 and the spell check in Windows 11 is so bad it's almost unusable. I have seen tons of posts about this but nobody has a resolution.It will not even suggest of if I have spelled fo. That is just one case out of hundreds.Yet when typing in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does sticky notes in windows 10 have spell check

2. does sticky notes have spell check