Windows 10: How do I start Command Prompt in Admin mode?

Discus and support How do I start Command Prompt in Admin mode? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My friend told me I have to run sfc /scannow! I can't run it, it keeps saying I don't have enough permission.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mallory91, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Mallory91 Win User

How do I start Command Prompt in Admin mode?

My friend told me I have to run sfc /scannow!

I can't run it, it keeps saying I don't have enough permission.

:)

Mallory91, Dec 28, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 28, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Dec 28, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Command Prompt without admin in Recovery Mode

Yes, that would be the next logical step, see if you can boot form recovery media and click Repair this PC

See then if you can get into Safe Mode, Command Prompt or Startup Repair from there, you might even be able to get into the Default Admin Account . . .

DaveM121, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I start Command Prompt in Admin mode? - Similar Threads - start Command Prompt

2. How do I start hotspot through Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I start hotspot through Command Prompt?: Hello,I am currently trying to make a batch file on my PC that automatically turns on the hotspot when I log in. I am using the following command:netsh wlan start hostednetwork //start hotspot...and repeatedly recieve the following error message:The hosted network couldn't be...
  3. How do I start hotspot through Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I start hotspot through Command Prompt?: Hello,I am currently trying to make a batch file on my PC that automatically turns on the hotspot when I log in. I am using the following command:netsh wlan start hostednetwork //start hotspot...and repeatedly recieve the following error message:The hosted network couldn't be...
  4. My command prompt and visual studio code starts as an admin when i don't start is as an admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My command prompt and visual studio code starts as an admin when i don't start is as an admin: My command prompt and visual studio code start as an admin when I don't start is as an admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-command-prompt-and-visual-studio-code-starts-as/86d7f900-6e78-4d24-9c8a-db4be08f5747
  5. My command prompt and visual studio code starts as an admin when i don't start is as an admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My command prompt and visual studio code starts as an admin when i don't start is as an admin: My command prompt and visual studio code start as an admin when I don't start is as an admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-command-prompt-and-visual-studio-code-starts-as/86d7f900-6e78-4d24-9c8a-db4be08f5747
  6. elevated admin command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    elevated admin command prompt: where is the dictionary and/or the appendix for the language to use in the elevated admin command prompt??? I would prefer to simply ask my friends in redmond at the garage to imput the needed code/txt so that my thumbs dont go numb...lolol...
  7. cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu: I was using Pinnacle Studio when it froze. On rebooting I discovered I had to reinstall my drivers for video and audio. I decided to use SFC /Scannow to check Windows. I discovered I could no longer access cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) by right...
  8. Command prompt as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Command prompt as admin: i am locked out of windows by Bitlocker. I never installed Bitlocker so how it ended up on the PC I dont know but as a result, i do not have the key. I know how to look up the key if I run command prompt as admin. I can of course get to command prompt via troubleshoot....
  9. command prompt as admin error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt as admin error: Hi I am trying to delet files, and apparently I need to go into command prompt "run as admin" (through right click on command prompt in the start menu). But when I do this, I get a window asking for password, but nowhere to enter the password and no "yes" option, only a "no"...
  10. Admin Command Prompt Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Admin Command Prompt Problem: So i got a game but it seems it can't find D3d11.dll. So i look on the internet to see how i can fix it myself. One idea said i should run sfc /scannow. I went on the admin command prompt, i can't type anything on it. It also automatically move to the top right of my screen...