Windows 10: How do I start my print Spooler function?

Discus and support How do I start my print Spooler function? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I have a Dell Latitude 5480 laptop and a Docuprint3105 printer. When I am trying to add a printer, it's not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mati urRahman, Aug 8, 2019.

1. How do I start my print Spooler function?

I just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I have a Dell Latitude 5480 laptop and a Docuprint3105 printer. When I am trying to add a printer, it's not working, showing this message (The printer I want is not listed). I have also tried by troubleshooting but still not working. I followed instructions to start print Spooler function. This isn't working. Next step?

:)

Mati urRahman, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Julie Ram Win User
    Print spooler

Hi Marty,

To assist with your concern, follow the steps provided below on how to enable Print Spooler under Services:

• Click "Start".
    • Type "Services.msc".
    • Double-click "Print Spooler" in the Services list.
    • Startup Type must be set to "Automatic".
    • If the Service Status was "Stop", click "Start" then "Apply" and click "Ok.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Julie Ram, Aug 8, 2019
  4. How do I start my print Spooler function?

Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I start my print Spooler function?

1. How do I start my print Spooler function? - Similar Threads - start print Spooler

2. How do I get my print spooler to STOP hanging up on print jobs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my print spooler to STOP hanging up on print jobs?: For about a month now, print jobs are getting stuck. I'll print one document, then when I go to print another, the second job gets stuck, and the print queue shows the previous job, which completed printing, is still in queue. I have needed to go into services, stop the...
  3. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically: So my print spooler service is not running or starting automatically but when i checked i directly don't have t*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  5. Print Spooler Service is not running/Print Spooler Service is not starting automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...: How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting automatically"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-print-spooler-service-is-not-working/933b0e5f-db69-4f28-a67e-093286458ca0
  7. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...: How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting automatically"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-print-spooler-service-is-not-working/933b0e5f-db69-4f28-a67e-093286458ca0
  8. How do I fix "Print spooler service is not working; print spooler service is not starting...

9. how do i restart print spooler

how do i restart print spooler: How do I restart print spooler https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restart-print-spooler/0ddc0d8b-82b2-477c-a2fb-971080be79a1
  10. How do I start the print spooler in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I start the print spooler in Windows 10?: My printer won't print. I've run the troubleshooter and it tells me that I need to open the print spooler. I don't know how to open the print spooler. I need some help....