Windows 10: How do I start programs at the same position every time?

Discus and support How do I start programs at the same position every time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have several standard apps that I launch every time I am on my PC, e.g. Whatsapp or Spotify and every time I have to adjust their position. I usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kebapman, Mar 25, 2020.

1. How do I start programs at the same position every time?

I have several standard apps that I launch every time I am on my PC, e.g. Whatsapp or Spotify and every time I have to adjust their position. I usually dock these to the right side by dragging them there.

Isn't there an option to have them at the same position or even the last position every time I launch them?

Thanks

submitted by /u/kebapman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kebapman, Mar 25, 2020
  2. MesPia Win User

Nice if Start screen "remembered" its position

This is not really a problem to be solved now, but a suggestion to Microsoft for a future update or version of Windows.

It would be nice if the Start screen remembered its position. For example, if I open the Start screen and scroll down to those applications that start with the letter "W", the next time I open the Start screen, it reverts back to displaying the top of the
    list. It would be nice if it "remembered" I was on "W" and opened at that position.

MesPia, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 25, 2020
  4. How do I start programs at the same position every time?

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

How do I start programs at the same position every time?

1. How do I start programs at the same position every time? - Similar Threads - start programs same

2. How do I keep my icons in the same position without them moving to other screens or positions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep my icons in the same position without them moving to other screens or positions: I am not sure if I am having registry issues but I am having several issues which involve my desktop. I have 3 1080p monitors extended display and when I zoom in my icons they change position or onto another screen whereas it never used to do that.Here is an example video of...
  3. How do I keep my icons in the same position without them moving to other screens or positions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I keep my icons in the same position without them moving to other screens or positions: I am not sure if I am having registry issues but I am having several issues which involve my desktop. I have 3 1080p monitors extended display and when I zoom in my icons they change position or onto another screen whereas it never used to do that.Here is an example video of...
  4. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?: Split from this thread.Hello!I'm so sorry I didn't see your response for some reason Microsoft didn't notify me of it:Anyways I solved it by restarting my computer! There were a lot of updates waiting for me; I usually just don't install them immediately because it requires...
  5. How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to make windows start the same programs with the exact same state?: When my battery dies, my laptop kind of shuts down, and when I start it after plugging in, it just starts where I left off. I generally don't close my laptop when I don't need, but I need to use my Linux environment in order to develop a software. So I have to restart it....
  6. How do I fix this? It happens every single time in any program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix this? It happens every single time in any program: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TTVnicolomaserati_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1hy1o/how_do_i_fix_this_it_happens_every_single_time_in/
  7. Every time I start my computer, this happens. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every time I start my computer, this happens. How do I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/STiSubies [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/excfwh/every_time_i_start_my_computer_this_happens_how/
  8. Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Force Program to Open in Same Monitor Every Time: I know similar questions have been asked. I'm curious as to why Windows 10 has a hard problem with this as not all programs will stay in the same monitor after dragging the program to the selected monitor, "restore down" and close the program. It works for "some" programs,...
  9. every time i open a ms program

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    every time i open a ms program: i get this message and have to go through 4 windows to dismiss... how to stop???? Your data, controlled by you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-time-i-open-a-ms-program/6847ba59-9fdf-498a-a079-d1fe04485b40"
  10. Open folder window at same position every time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Open folder window at same position every time: Hello! Whenever I open a folder and position it on desktop whereI want it to be, after closing and reopening it again, it repositions. With a few opening-closings I realized that every time I open the folder anew, it gets repositioned a bit lower, diagonally. This wasn't...