Windows 10: how do I start to upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support how do I start to upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently I'm still with Windows 7 ultimate. How do I start to upgrade? where from? Didn't see any upgrade to windows 7 related to this upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zivshosh, Jul 15, 2016.

1. zivshosh Win User

how do I start to upgrade to windows 10

Currently I'm still with Windows 7 ultimate.
    How do I start to upgrade?
    where from?
    Didn't see any upgrade to windows 7 related to this upgrade.
    Which type of windows 10 will it be? I expect more than home premium for my ultimate version.
    thanks
    I couldn't find relevant post regarding the how question. most post deal with upgrading 8.1 (which I already did on my laptop)

:)

zivshosh, Jul 15, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jul 15, 2016
  3. nokia lumia 710 bluetooth plays music but phone does not work on toyota

Thank you for your reply Mark.
    I tried the phone with a bluetooth headset Motorola H700 that works with other phones and it did not work with the Nokia Lumia. I can hear the phone ringing through the ear piece/headset but no conversation can be heard.
    It is a Windows phone 7.5 and the OS version is 7.108773.98
    The car is a toyota corolla 2013 and it has the following bluetooth specifications:
    Ver. 1.1, or higher (recommended: Ver. 2.1+EDR or higher. It supports the following profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, PBAP and OPP that the phone does not support. Phones like Samsung Galaxy works on the car. I never used this phone with bluetooth considering
    that it is my wife's phone.
    I just updated the phone minutes ago and I tried it again but it did not work.
    Thank you so much for your help
    J.E.

how to do it, Jul 15, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10

Windows 7 Ultimate upgrades to Windows 10 Pro.

NOTE: It appears as if the Windows 10 upgrade/download pages are down at the moment (blank), just keep trying, hopefully they come back up soon. I expect Microsoft is updating something on them.

NavyLCDR, Jul 15, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    You can follow this tutorial to upgrade to Window 10. Bare in mind that the most issue we have on this forum is from people upgrading from Windows 7 so you might want to consider doing a clean install after the upgrade. Remember to backup your files!

swarfega, Jul 15, 2016
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hmm my experience with an upgrade was very frustrating so I decided to clean install to a new drive.
    Also if you do a clean install onto a small drive it can be then cloned to a larger one, and like me activate the 10 with your Ultimate key (I used my 7 Pro key for mine) when done*Wink

But it is your budget I guess but this way gives you an out (you still have the 7 on the original drive) if the upgrade goes wonky.

ICIT2LOL, Jul 15, 2016
  7. zivshosh Win User
    ----------------------------
    thank you for your quick answer
    clean install is out of the question. I'm too old for that and I have too many applications. I hope they'll work after the upgrade.
    my experience with upgrading from 8.1 was that everything worked except a change into local interface language.
    I had to download and install the English (US) pack yo overcome this stupidity.
    Next time I won't upgrade from microsoft.

zivshosh, Jul 15, 2016
  8. zivshosh Win User

---------------------
    upgrading my 8.1 (from my laptop) ended up with me automatically activated and all applications working.
    I have image of C (the system ssd) so I hope I could go back if something horrible happens.
    I'm not considering a clean install since I'm too old and I have too many applications.

zivshosh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how do I start to upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - start upgrade

2. Start Menu Search Results Font and Spacing After 1809 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search Results Font and Spacing After 1809 Upgrade: Hi All, I have hundreds of Windows 10 1709 (Volume License ISO) computers. I used SCCM to perform the upgrade to 1809 (Volume License ISO). The upgrade went perfect for all machines. However, some machines have this weird search font/spacing issue while others do not have the...
  3. I upgraded my bios and Windows starts having issues, then bricks and sends me into an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded my bios and Windows starts having issues, then bricks and sends me into an...: Now every time I boot up my pc, it blue screens on startup (stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED), then sends me to automatic repair, and I can’t get out. It won’t let me do system restore, and it won’t let me reset my PC. I have an ASUS ROG Zephyrus with RTX 2060 and Intel Core...
  4. Something happened and we couldn’t start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 News
    Something happened and we couldn’t start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Different versions of Windows 10 are priced differently. The Windows 10 Pro version is considerably more expensive than the Windows 10 Home version. Thankfully, Microsoft allows its users to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro for a [...] This...
  5. Settings apps won't start after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings apps won't start after upgrading to Windows 10: After updating our machines to Windows 10 Pro from 7 Pro, when trying to open most all settings links I get an error like below. Also from Cortana search results, opening apps throw error. However, the programs themselves work if I go to System32 folder and run them. The...
  6. No start menu after latest Windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No start menu after latest Windows upgrade: Dear Microsoft, After my Laptop (Toshiba Kirabook) updates itself with the latest Windows upgrade the system logging in extremely slow (5 minutes) and have no start menu. Once the PC logged in and running there are no performance issues just the missing start menu (and the...
  7. Start menu icons missing from programs after inplace upgrade to W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons missing from programs after inplace upgrade to W10: I've been encoutnering this issue and nothing I have found on ten forums or elsewhere has worked. We're working on SCCM to push and deploy Windows 10 Enterprise 1809/1903 to our workstations. I have been running tests with the in place upgrades. One bug I have encountered is...
  8. Program icons missing from W10 10 1809 start menu after inplace upgrade from W7 in SCCM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program icons missing from W10 10 1809 start menu after inplace upgrade from W7 in SCCM: This issue has been popping up during our Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 Proof of Concept testing. This happens when we use SCCM and run an in place upgrade of a deployed Windows 7 system. After the upgrade is done everything looks well except for one thing. I have seen on...
  9. PC started up to this after upgrade from windows 7 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC started up to this after upgrade from windows 7 pro: I don't know why this is happening [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-started-up-to-this-after-upgrade-from-windows-7/a0f4044f-1698-42f8-bf6c-cd5d4be305e0
  10. Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu stops working even more often after upgrading to 1903: Hi, Before upgrading to Windows 1903 the start menu sporadically stopped working. I would click on Start and got presented with unclickable blank icons. The only way to restore normality was to restart Windows Explorer. This happened maybe once or twice a week. After...