Windows 10: how do I start to upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support how do I start to upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently I'm still with Windows 7 ultimate. How do I start to upgrade? where from? Didn't see any upgrade to windows 7 related to this upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by zivshosh, Jul 15, 2016.

1. zivshosh Win User

how do I start to upgrade to windows 10

Currently I'm still with Windows 7 ultimate.
    How do I start to upgrade?
    where from?
    Didn't see any upgrade to windows 7 related to this upgrade.
    Which type of windows 10 will it be? I expect more than home premium for my ultimate version.
    thanks
    I couldn't find relevant post regarding the how question. most post deal with upgrading 8.1 (which I already did on my laptop)

:)

zivshosh, Jul 15, 2016
  2. how to do Win User

HELP!! - Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I'm now running Windows 10 upgraded from Windows 7 & I have the same continuous problem with the update

• Toshiba driver update for Toshiba Hotkey Driver - Error 0x800f0203

I tried your Method 1 to fix it which said changes have been made to my computer & to try & update again which failed.. again & the same message above came up again. My laptop is secure as I run Norton 360, so what should I do next to try & fix this problem?
    My laptop is a Toshiba satellite L650.

Thank you

David

how to do, Jul 15, 2016
  3. nokia lumia 710 bluetooth plays music but phone does not work on toyota

Thank you for your reply Mark.
    I tried the phone with a bluetooth headset Motorola H700 that works with other phones and it did not work with the Nokia Lumia. I can hear the phone ringing through the ear piece/headset but no conversation can be heard.
    It is a Windows phone 7.5 and the OS version is 7.108773.98
    The car is a toyota corolla 2013 and it has the following bluetooth specifications:
    Ver. 1.1, or higher (recommended: Ver. 2.1+EDR or higher. It supports the following profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, PBAP and OPP that the phone does not support. Phones like Samsung Galaxy works on the car. I never used this phone with bluetooth considering
    that it is my wife's phone.
    I just updated the phone minutes ago and I tried it again but it did not work.
    Thank you so much for your help
    J.E.

how to do it, Jul 15, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Windows 10

Windows 7 Ultimate upgrades to Windows 10 Pro.

NOTE: It appears as if the Windows 10 upgrade/download pages are down at the moment (blank), just keep trying, hopefully they come back up soon. I expect Microsoft is updating something on them.

NavyLCDR, Jul 15, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    You can follow this clean install after the upgrade. Remember to backup your files!

swarfega, Jul 15, 2016
  6. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hmm my experience with an upgrade was very frustrating so I decided to clean install to a new drive.
    Also if you do a clean install onto a small drive it can be then cloned to a larger one, and like me activate the 10 with your Ultimate key (I used my 7 Pro key for mine) when done*Wink

But it is your budget I guess but this way gives you an out (you still have the 7 on the original drive) if the upgrade goes wonky.

ICIT2LOL, Jul 15, 2016
  7. zivshosh Win User
    ----------------------------
    thank you for your quick answer
    clean install is out of the question. I'm too old for that and I have too many applications. I hope they'll work after the upgrade.
    my experience with upgrading from 8.1 was that everything worked except a change into local interface language.
    I had to download and install the English (US) pack yo overcome this stupidity.
    Next time I won't upgrade from microsoft.

zivshosh, Jul 15, 2016
  8. zivshosh Win User

---------------------
    upgrading my 8.1 (from my laptop) ended up with me automatically activated and all applications working.
    I have image of C (the system ssd) so I hope I could go back if something horrible happens.
    I'm not considering a clean install since I'm too old and I have too many applications.

zivshosh, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. how do I start to upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - start upgrade

2. can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade: Can't switch out of s mode - "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-out-of-s-mode-something-happened-and/b0e7ce52-53af-4d43-aa39-e39c65c169ec
  3. can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade: Can't switch out of s mode - "Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-switch-out-of-s-mode-something-happened-and/b0e7ce52-53af-4d43-aa39-e39c65c169ec
  4. can't switch out of s mode - Something happened and we couldn't start the upgrade

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with an i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  6. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with an i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  7. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows 10 won’t start

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.

Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with a i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  9. Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded CPU to i9-9900K and Windows won’t start.: I replaced my i3-8100 processor with a i9-9900KP0 on an ASROCK B360m-HDV motherboard, but now it stops loading Windows at the circling dots, sometimes showing the automatic recovery text and sometimes not.I installed the new CPU after verifying that all other components are...
  10. Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23h2 do not start to upgrade via ISO or via Windows 11 Installation Assistant: HiI try to upgrade my Win11 22H2 to 23H2. Windows update does not show availability then I downloaded ISO.When i run setup, they do not continue to upgrade.I try also via Installation assistant, but stuck at step 3 / 3 : installation. 0 %How to check error log or...