Windows 10: How do I start up in standard account?

Discus and support How do I start up in standard account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; First off, I usually do a general cleaning of cache and old files twice a week, then shut down my desktop. All the rest of the time I'm down browsing I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by rusty post, Aug 9, 2019.

1. How do I start up in standard account?

First off, I usually do a general cleaning of cache and old files twice a week, then shut down my desktop. All the rest of the time I'm down browsing I go into sleep mode. Up until recently, whenever I would restart, my computer would boot up in my standard account. Now, about a month after the latest update to Winver 1903, build 18362.239, when I restart now, it opens with my administrator account, which I then have to log out of and then login to my standard account. What must I do to have my computer restart in my standard account? Thanks in advance, Rusty.

:)

rusty post, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 9, 2019
  3. I don't have an administrator account and i have two accounts and they are both standard account.

Hi,

As per your description, I understand that you have two standard accounts in your computer and you want to convert the account to Administrator account.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the standard account to administrator and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows+X’ and go to ‘Control panel’.
    • Locate ‘User Accounts’ and click on it.
    • Click on ‘Change your account type’ and check the option
      ‘Administrator’ then click on ‘Change account type’.
    • Now your account will be changed as Administrator account.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 9, 2019
  4. How do I start up in standard account?

Standard Account can't logon

Hi,

Your concern needs further investigation so that we can identify the cause of the issue. Are you using a Microsoft account with standard privileges? We also
    suggest that you perform a clean boot to disable non-Microsoft services and check if the issue persists. For steps on how to perform a clean boot, click here.
    After troubleshooting, refer to How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting found in the same article. We also suggest to start the PC in safe
    mode and update us if there will be any changes. For steps on how to start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10, click here.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

How do I start up in standard account?

1. How do I start up in standard account? - Similar Threads - start standard account

2. How do I log into an Adminstrator account with the Standard account as default

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I log into an Adminstrator account with the Standard account as default: This is completely my fault, hopefully someone knows a workaround.I ran the prompt netplwiz to change the default account's properties, to a standard account. The administrator account was on the list, I presumed that the admin profile would've been available on the login...
  3. How do I log into an Adminstrator account with the Standard account as default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I log into an Adminstrator account with the Standard account as default: This is completely my fault, hopefully someone knows a workaround.I ran the prompt netplwiz to change the default account's properties, to a standard account. The administrator account was on the list, I presumed that the admin profile would've been available on the login...
  4. How do I log into an Adminstrator account with the Standard account as default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...: As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected without their pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-an-administrator-how-do-i-access-a-standard/8ae847aa-8e03-4def-ba95-aabdc6ebced6
  6. As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected...: As an administrator, how do I access a standard user account that is password protected without their pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/as-an-administrator-how-do-i-access-a-standard/8ae847aa-8e03-4def-ba95-aabdc6ebced6
  7. How do I make my standard account to administrator account with no admin account on my PC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my standard account to administrator account with no admin account on my PC?: Hey there, it's been like 7 months since I built this computer, completely fine, just Windows 10 is giving a hard time. A month ago, a problem occurred. The problem is that my account changed to a standard account, even though it was an admin account, and now I can't download...
  8. How do I block administrative permissions for a standard account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I block administrative permissions for a standard account?: When I run a program as administrator on my standard account, it asks me to input my admin account password. How do I stop that from happening and just block the standard account user from running anything as administrator, basically not letting them run anything as admin...
  9. seting up a standard account

in Windows 10 Customization
    seting up a standard account: set up a standard account with out admin pw ever time I open a program up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/seting-up-a-standard-account/dedd480a-7bfb-465b-881a-af74fa9e9903
  10. How do I Control access to password keeper by standard user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I Control access to password keeper by standard user accounts: I set up standard user accounts for my three Grandchildren. They are not proficient but are capable of using a PC. My concern is that I use Google Chrome & have a password keeper extension that is set to automatically log me into my bank & PayPal accounts as well as Amazon &...