Windows 10: How Do I Start Using Windows Defender & How Good Is It?

Discus and support How Do I Start Using Windows Defender & How Good Is It? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just received notification from Comcast that Norton Online Security will no longer be "free" to Comcast customers. I have never used Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TexasBandit, Oct 29, 2020.

1. How Do I Start Using Windows Defender & How Good Is It?

I just received notification from Comcast that Norton Online Security will no longer be "free" to Comcast customers. I have never used Windows Defender, but this has convinced me to give it a try. First of all, how good is it? And second, how do I start using it? Does it need to be configured, etc.

My Windows version is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.572)

Thanks

:)

TexasBandit, Oct 29, 2020

2. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Windows Defender Anitvirus

Hello,

There are multiple reasons why you are having issues, enabling Windows Defender. To assist you with your concern, you can refer to
    PrashantKumar96's
    Forum Article
    on how to fix Windows Defender not starting.

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps listed there, especially the number six troubleshooting step.

Let us know of the outcome.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 29, 2020
  4. How Do I Start Using Windows Defender & How Good Is It?

Good alternative to Windows Defender on 8.1

I had to do a format and reinstall on my main rig, and thought I may as well upgrade to 8.1. My only real gripe is my Downloads folder lagging like hell, which I've read is due to Windows Defender. Now I really like MSE/Windows Defender because it's unobtrusive and lets me do what I want to do without pissing me off. Several attempts to try another antivirus program have always resulted in me going back to MSE (either due to viral infection or general annoyance). The lagging, while not an issue per se, is annoying the hell out of me. So I'd like suggestions for a good, free alternative that will be unobtrusive, not try to block everything I want to do (I'm smart enough to know what I'm doing), and not make my PC lag even when running a schedules scan.

Thanks.

Red_Machine, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

How Do I Start Using Windows Defender & How Good Is It?

1. How Do I Start Using Windows Defender & How Good Is It? - Similar Threads - Start Using Defender

2. How do I turn on Memory Integrity? I want to start using MS defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn on Memory Integrity? I want to start using MS defender: Good morning, I have been advised to ditch expensive Virus programs and start using the built in MS Defender. However it gives me an error, that Memory Integrity has not been turned on. I can´t do this. I have read about this problem, but not sure how to fix this. Can someone...
  3. How do I turn on Memory Integrity? I want to start using MS defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn on Memory Integrity? I want to start using MS defender: Good morning, I have been advised to ditch expensive Virus programs and start using the built in MS Defender. However it gives me an error, that Memory Integrity has not been turned on. I can´t do this. I have read about this problem, but not sure how to fix this. Can someone...
  4. How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?: Hello, today I ran into a problem, I can't open Microsoft Defender. I tried to go through the settings, but even after starting the antivirus, it hung on the Microsoft Defender logo. I click on the icon does not start at all. Before that, I disabled Microsoft Defender, and...
  5. How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I start Microsoft Defender if it can't start?: Hello, today I ran into a problem, I can't open Microsoft Defender. I tried to go through the settings, but even after starting the antivirus, it hung on the Microsoft Defender logo. I click on the icon does not start at all. Before that, I disabled Microsoft Defender, and...
  6. how do I terminate for good unwanted Windows 10 Processes to start and running in the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I terminate for good unwanted Windows 10 Processes to start and running in the...: Hi There Is it impossible to disable XBox, Skype, Edge, Store, Movies and TV, MS Office Click to Run to start the processes eating up memory and CPU, never mind having 5 driver foundations running permently and so on every time I boot up my computer? I have tried it all...
  7. how do i make a good desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make a good desktop: i feel like my desktop has too many icons and its cluttered and i want to know how to make it look better submitted by /u/tushy444 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jgd25s/how_do_i_make_a_good_desktop/
  8. Is Windows Defender Good for a Gamer to use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows Defender Good for a Gamer to use: Is Windows Defender Good for a Gamer to use, main activity gaming, listening to music, watching sometimes shows or movies, found a program called ConfigureDefenderx64, that hopefully is good to use, though it does say 25 hours to run a full scan But maybe cause i have too...
  9. How do I start windows defender with Norton?

How do I start windows defender with Norton?: I just downloaded and installed the latest version of Norton AV, Now the windows Defender icon has a red X and says action needed. I cant start it from the control panel, how do I start it through Norton? To clarify I mean the windows firewall doesnt seem to be on. 103570
  10. Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it?

Defender Icon in Start Menu, How do I remove it?: With the Anniversary update came an improved Defender Antivirus, This is good! But I am trying to remove unnecessary icons from my start menu, and I can find no option to turn this one off? Anyone know of a tweak that can do this please?*Sad 61656