Windows 10: how do i startup the computer when it has a black screen

Discus and support how do i startup the computer when it has a black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just had a Windows 10 update and logged off. Aftrwards, how do i startup the computer goes black after i login? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnE_909, Sep 3, 2020.

1. JohnE_909 Win User

how do i startup the computer when it has a black screen

I just had a Windows 10 update and logged off. Aftrwards, how do i startup the computer goes black after i login? Thanks.

:)

JohnE_909, Sep 3, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 3, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Sep 3, 2020
  4. how do i startup the computer when it has a black screen

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

how do i startup the computer when it has a black screen

1. how do i startup the computer when it has a black screen - Similar Threads - startup computer has

2. My computer has black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer has black screen: So my computer has black screen. 1 waited 13 minutes for it to do something but it nothing happens. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-black-screen/7a60dbb4-a80b-4d2e-ae6c-ea2471c99c96
  3. My computer has black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has black screen: So my computer has black screen. 1 waited 13 minutes for it to do something but it nothing happens. I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-black-screen/7a60dbb4-a80b-4d2e-ae6c-ea2471c99c96
  4. Computer has black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer has black screen: I need some help with my computer. I have an American Megatrends start up logo, where it shows Press Del and Esc to setup, and right after that passes it's just a black screen. My mouse doesn't appear, nothing. Before the login. Another weird thing I noticed is when I turned...
  5. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU submitted by...
  6. Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional Black Screen on Startup + Computer Crashes?: Hi, I am experiencing some issues with my computer, which is a windows 10 machine. Sometimes, on startup, I will get a black screen when turning it on. This seems to be becoming more frequent. Secondly, windows has crashed and needed to restart twice over the past week. I...
  7. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  8. Black Screen On Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On Startup: When I turn on the computer it opens the forst boot-up screen/splash screen but then goes black. I can't see nor access anything. I've tried system restores and resets but still black....
  9. computer screen has black bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer screen has black bar: My computer screen is black on the left. My display is not going all the way to the edges of the monitor. How do I fix this? I Can't find the setting....
  10. How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do i fix black screen when my computer is sleeping?: So my computer goes to sleep every 10 minutes and I have to restart it , which takes a long time because my laptop is a low end com. Anyone know how to fix the black screen when I come back ? I tried to move my mouse no cursor no nothing just the screen flashing. 13741