Windows 10: How do I stop a McAfee popup?

Discus and support How do I stop a McAfee popup? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On my new client I uninstalled Mcafee in appwiz.cpl, i can't find a mcafee entry in 'apps' and still seeing this. Dear Microsoft please stop wasting my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bordeaux_, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Bordeaux_ Win User

How do I stop a McAfee popup?

On my new client I uninstalled Mcafee in appwiz.cpl, i can't find a mcafee entry in 'apps' and still seeing this. Dear Microsoft please stop wasting my time

:)

Bordeaux_, Dec 5, 2022
  2. PaulL23 Win User

Popups from Mcafee "Your subscription has expired"

McAfee popups " your subscription has expired" have jumped up onto my screen about 100 times in the last several weeks. How to make them STOP?

Control Panel, uninstall does not list McAfee, nor does task scheduler Help!

PaulL23, Dec 5, 2022
  3. ImLost Win User
    McAfee popups

a lot of info for me. never installed mcafee. now im getting norton virus stuff, something about money being taken, being hacked, lots of different stuff.... the mcafee that was somehow in cont panel did uninstall, not listed now, and Ive never seen all that other mcafee stuff. all the w-defender items are checked and say no action is needed, same w/mbytes. never had another one besides mwarebytes.

porthos - I set msoft edge notif from on to off,,,the popup that was there disappeared at same time,,,,will have to see if it fouls up something else...this seemed liked simplesst thing for a novice like me to try, but I dont understand why things were okay all along so far when it was 'on'.

ImLost, Dec 5, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

McAfee popups

Hi, if you get an indication that your AV has detected a virus, you should take that seriously. Don't simply uninstall the AV or disable it.

You say
    - do you mean it's disabled? (Many functions will be if you have a 3rd party AV installed).

- did nothing happen at all, or did it start to uninstall, or what?

Are you even sure you have McAfee AV installed- or do you have one of their other products - see those listed here:
    McAfee Removal Tool - McAfee Uninstaller

If McAfee is damaged in some manner you could try to uninstall it. Here are two ways:
    McAfee Consumer Support- Official Site

Methods 1 & 2.
    Method 2 uses a separate tool you download. Most AV's have such a tool.

If you do that you should find Defender is fully enabled again, and you should ensure it's up to data and run a full scan.

dalchina, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I stop a McAfee popup? - Similar Threads - stop McAfee popup

2. How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?: I switched over to Chrome awhile back because of problems with Firefox and now I’m constantly getting Popups especially when I view the news. Every time I close Chrome there is another window behind it and sometimes it is playing an advertisement video with sound that drowns...
  3. McAfee Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    McAfee Popup: Hello, I have Defender on my Windows 11. Now I keep getting a McAfee Popup every few minutes stating that I have visited an illegal infected website and that my "computer is damaged by suspicious programs". Isn't Defender sufficient protection?...
  4. McAfee Popup

McAfee Popup: Hello, I have Defender on my Windows 11. Now I keep getting a McAfee Popup every few minutes stating that I have visited an illegal infected website and that my "computer is damaged by suspicious programs". Isn't Defender sufficient protection?...
  5. Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?: I keep getting this popup telling me I am plugged in, how do I stop it? Screen shot with the notification. I just did a clean install of windows 10 home x86 because the computer would not start and windows could not repair the issue....
  6. Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?: I keep getting this popup telling me I am plugged in, how do I stop it? Screen shot with the notification. I just did a clean install of windows 10 home x86 because the computer would not start and windows could not repair the issue....
  7. Annoying Popup, how do I stop it?

8. McAfee popups

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee popups: all of a sudden started getting these. says I have viruses, says turn mcafee on, says its about to run out. Constantly in bottom right of my laptop. Using msoft edge. wndows defender is all checked off as good, and I ran malwarebytes. I dont know much about computers, not...
  9. how do I stop a McAfee popup?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I stop a McAfee popup?: How do I stop a McAfee popup? Or Norton? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-a-mcafee-popup/4b1d2f8a-1b1c-4954-bdb5-3b3f50500b35
  10. McAfee Popups

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    McAfee Popups: Ever since the update yesterday, I keep getting McAfee pop-ups I don't have McAfee. How do I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-popups/5a02a8dd-37e9-49ae-b57d-db6f028fa410