Windows 10: How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than...

Discus and support How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’m going to clean install Windows and I want my pictures to stay on the hard drive rather than the low quality online version that I would otherwise... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/simpz0n, Aug 1, 2020.

1. How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than...

I’m going to clean install Windows and I want my pictures to stay on the hard drive rather than the low quality online version that I would otherwise have on OneDrive. It shows two blue arrows in a circular shape next to the file and says they are online only. I want them to automatically be saved only locally to the hard drive.

submitted by /u/simpz0n
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/simpz0n, Aug 1, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do stop windows 10 from automatic updates

Hi Jim, 3 steps are required to turn off Windows 10 Automatic Updates:

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Aug 1, 2020
  3. How can I transfer photos from photo gallery in windows 10 to a USB stick?

Thank you for the suggested method of using my flash drive with Windows 10.

Can you take me a step further please....how can I move blocks of them rather than just individually?

Thanks again for your guidance.

coastal grandpa, Aug 1, 2020
  4. davidhk Win User

How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than...

Folder Photos: Showing Thumbnail Photos Rather Than IrfanView Icons ?

Open File Explorer > top right, click Options > click Change folder and search options > click View at top > UN-check the box " Always show icons, never thumbnails" > OK when done.

How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than... [​IMG]

davidhk, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than...

1. How do I stop all my photos on Windows 10 from automatically going online-only rather than... - Similar Threads - stop photos automatically

2. How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?: Hi!I just built my pc. When the Windows 10 booted, I didn’t have wifi. When I click show available networks, I get none. It just says “not connected”. When I open up device manager, all I see is Realtek Gaming 2.5gb Family Controller. No wifi adapter. When I check control...
  3. How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?: Hi!I just built my pc. When the Windows 10 booted, I didn’t have wifi. When I click show available networks, I get none. It just says “not connected”. When I open up device manager, all I see is Realtek Gaming 2.5gb Family Controller. No wifi adapter. When I check control...
  4. How do I switch my PC to Wifi rather than Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos: how do I STOP photos from importing ALL my photos I am new to PHOTOS and find it the most unusable APP ever produced. When I work on a video project it is a one time deal and I do not want it stored on my PC. I work on a project on a usb stick from start to finish then store...
  6. Mouse automatically scrolling in Windows 10 only in Windows windows rather than any...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse automatically scrolling in Windows 10 only in Windows windows rather than any...: Hi, I've had Windows 10 on my desktop for about a month and have come back to use it today to find that it has developed a problem with my mouse. In any Windows window, when I move the mouse pointer to that window it automatically scrolls down without my touching the...
  7. How do i stop window from automatically minimising?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i stop window from automatically minimising?: Sorry I can’t really explain the title, but basically, heres what im tryna do. Im tryna take notes on word from a PowerPoint presentation. Whenever i try to have both windows open the powerpoint application automatically minimises whenever i click on word. How do i ‘lock’ the...
  8. Why are all my photos "online only?"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are all my photos "online only?": Recently moved photos onto my desktop and when I was working with them, when I deleted one it said "online only, won't go to recycle bin." But I wanted these photos on my desktop. I want to store them on the hard drive, I don't care if there is a copy in the cloud, that's...
  9. Fresh Install want to go online ONLY to activate, stopping all updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fresh Install want to go online ONLY to activate, stopping all updates: I have gone through the tutorials and a few seem to fit what i need to a degree but nothing mentions what i want to do and that is go online activate the machine and NOTHING else, no windows updates no driver updates, nothing. Right now i am runninghome when key is for pro...
  10. How to navigate photos by position rather than name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to navigate photos by position rather than name?: What I mean is when I use photo viewer (or any program it seems) to view pictures in a folder and I then press left or right to change the displayed picture, it changes it based on the name of the file. I want it to change based on the position of the file in the folder...