Windows 10: How do i stop all windows updates.

Discus and support How do i stop all windows updates. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I play competitive cs:go, however windows 10 appears to hate me and restarts my computer every once and a while giving me a SEVEN DAY BAN! if anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mushtieash, Nov 12, 2016.

1. How do i stop all windows updates.

I play competitive cs:go, however windows 10 appears to hate me and restarts my computer every once and a while giving me a SEVEN DAY BAN! if anyone could help with this issue i would be grateful.

as always **** gaben.

:)

mushtieash, Nov 12, 2016
  2. Tony00023 Win User

How do I stop ALL automatic updates from installing with Windows 10

I've tried using gpedit, but it doesn't seem to stick, as you say.

For some reason, i can't find the "metering" option to stave off the poison updates. i'll look again -- i was tired last night and probably missed it.

DCL is what the VMS command language is called. Sounds like you had a compulstion that was hard to shake. Well done for moving on.....! rgds tc

PS - A number of clients move relentlessly along the MS update route, believing MS's BS. I make money by empathizing with their pain. So i'm stuck with MS and

Tony00023, Nov 12, 2016
  3. How do I stop ALL automatic updates from installing with Windows 10

The exact same thing happened to me. I was two hours outside my "active hours" when Windows 10 abruptly and without any warning began updating, and therefore lost the complicated and lengthy email I was writing from within a web site. It is unforgivable
    to interrupt a user while working without warning in this way. I was literally writing at the time and lost the work I had been doing at the time. I have never seen this with my Mac computers. If they require a software update, they request user input before
    updating. I don't recall being required to update a Mac operating system at all, though I have seen requests to do so. I am inconvenienced by this Windows phenomenon, but I can imagine people losing valuable work as a result of this. Please add your own complaint
    if this happened to you also. What is also true is I don't see any workaround. The update settings in Windows 10 allows me to define "active hours" to a max of 12 hours. I suppose I have to check everytime I am working now to make sure I am within those hours
    or else change them just to suit Microsoft. Computers are supposed to serve us, not the other way around! If you know another way to stop this update without warning, please let me know. Thanks!

AliceSchneider, Nov 12, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

How do i stop all windows updates.

bobkn, Nov 12, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    A number of threads on this.
    I have posted Win Aero's tweaker (free) which includes an option with explanation.
    And use Windows Active Hours settings.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How do i stop all windows updates.

1. How do i stop all windows updates. - Similar Threads - stop updates

2. Number keypad stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number keypad stopped working after update: My number keypad is locked after an update. There is no numlock button available for me to press. Even when I pull up the keyboard on the screen and press numlock, it still doesn't work. I've checked the keyboard drivers and they're up to date. I don't know what else to try....
  3. Number keypad stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number keypad stopped working after update: My number keypad is locked after an update. There is no numlock button available for me to press. Even when I pull up the keyboard on the screen and press numlock, it still doesn't work. I've checked the keyboard drivers and they're up to date. I don't know what else to try....
  4. How to stop Windows 11 from updating my drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Windows 11 from updating my drivers: As the question asks, how do I stop windows 11 from updating my drivers? I have looked everywhere online but nothing I do stops it. I get my gpu updates directly from Intel but as soon as I update the drivers, windows update installs an "updated" driver that is 2 years out of...
  5. How to stop Windows 11 from updating my drivers

How to stop Windows 11 from updating my drivers: As the question asks, how do I stop windows 11 from updating my drivers? I have looked everywhere online but nothing I do stops it. I get my gpu updates directly from Intel but as soon as I update the drivers, windows update installs an "updated" driver that is 2 years out of...
  6. Brightness Action Keys Fn+F3 and Fn+F4 stopped working since recent Windows update HP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Action Keys Fn+F3 and Fn+F4 stopped working since recent Windows update HP...: I recently updated my Windows 10 64-Bit 22H2. The update also updated my BIOS. Ever since this update, Fn+F3 and Fn+F4 have stopped functioning as my brightness action key shortcuts that reduce/increase my screen brightness. I have tried the following to no avail:Updated all...
  7. Brightness Action Keys Fn+F3 and Fn+F4 stopped working since recent Windows update HP...

Brightness Action Keys Fn+F3 and Fn+F4 stopped working since recent Windows update HP...: I recently updated my Windows 10 64-Bit 22H2. The update also updated my BIOS. Ever since this update, Fn+F3 and Fn+F4 have stopped functioning as my brightness action key shortcuts that reduce/increase my screen brightness. I have tried the following to no avail:Updated all...
  8. windows fail to update, and my usb ports, sd card ports, audio stopped working after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows fail to update, and my usb ports, sd card ports, audio stopped working after restart: Hello,I have a problem with installing windows update KB5035893, and all of my other updates after that also failed to install. Error 0x800703f1It would keep redownloading the same update, try to install, and then fail each time. This process repeated itself many times.I...
  9. windows fail to update, and my usb ports, sd card ports, audio stopped working after restart

windows fail to update, and my usb ports, sd card ports, audio stopped working after restart: Hello,I have a problem with installing windows update KB5035893, and all of my other updates after that also failed to install. Error 0x800703f1It would keep redownloading the same update, try to install, and then fail each time. This process repeated itself many times.I...
  10. GPU stop working when I accidentally shut it down while GPU was updating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU stop working when I accidentally shut it down while GPU was updating.: I was playing game it said you need to update your gpu driver. But while updating the correct version for my GPU then suddenly my PC shows black screen. After 5 minutes I thought it turned off so I turned off switch. But when I restart it, it stuck at windows logo screen and...