Windows 10: How do I stop an app from needing to update the latest version of the app constantly?

Discus and support How do I stop an app from needing to update the latest version of the app constantly? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to play stepmania but it needs to install the latest version over and over again. I will install it and then open the app and it needs to do it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FrankAJ1, Jun 14, 2021.

1. FrankAJ1 Win User

How do I stop an app from needing to update the latest version of the app constantly?

I want to play stepmania but it needs to install the latest version over and over again. I will install it and then open the app and it needs to do it again.

:)

FrankAJ1, Jun 14, 2021
  2. DigitalUK Win User

How to make patch-able apps

because the installer is a seperate exe.

crude way of doing it, your app checks a file online for latest version of your app and compares it to the version number running, if update is need your app downloads the update installer, once the update has finished downloading your app runs the update installer and closes your main app. update installer runs all updated restart your app.

DigitalUK, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    How to make patch-able apps

ding. pretty straightforward.

the only thing leftover there, would be the installer deleting itself when its done.

Mussels, Jun 14, 2021
  4. How do I stop an app from needing to update the latest version of the app constantly?

TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

How do I stop an app from needing to update the latest version of the app constantly?

1. How do I stop an app from needing to update the latest version of the app constantly? - Similar Threads - stop app needing

2. How do i stop from higlighting apps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do i stop from higlighting apps?: My pc is having this problwm where it highlights apps on my pc, for example if i press the "G" key it will highlight an app that starts with G and if i press it again it will highlight another app that starts with G, it is really anooying because if it does not have anything...
  3. How do i stop from higlighting apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i stop from higlighting apps?: My pc is having this problwm where it highlights apps on my pc, for example if i press the "G" key it will highlight an app that starts with G and if i press it again it will highlight another app that starts with G, it is really anooying because if it does not have anything...
  4. How do i stop from higlighting apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I update windows to the latest version?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I update windows to the latest version?: I am currently using a windows 10 version 2004. I saw that it dose not receive any more updates but I dont know how to upgrade it to the latest version if someone can explain to me it I will be very grateful.Specs:Amd Ryzen 5 3400GNvidia GTX 1050 ti16 Gb Ram...
  6. How do I update windows to the latest version?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I update windows to the latest version?: I am currently using a windows 10 version 2004. I saw that it dose not receive any more updates but I dont know how to upgrade it to the latest version if someone can explain to me it I will be very grateful.Specs:Amd Ryzen 5 3400GNvidia GTX 1050 ti16 Gb Ram...
  7. How do I update windows to the latest version?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How do I stop the "Windows Update" service from disabling constantly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the "Windows Update" service from disabling constantly?: So im not sure if this is the wrongdoings of a virus/malware but every time i try change the startup type for windows update from disabled to automatic and start it up, something just reverts it back to the disabled option and stops it. how do i fix this? im thinking an...
  9. Excess Apps? Do I need all these versions?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excess Apps? Do I need all these versions?: Why are there so many installations of Microsoft Visual C+ + in my apps list? There are 19 on there now. What are these for and why are some of them showing dates of 2010 etc? I have 4 different instances of Vulcan Runtime Libraries in my app list. Do I need them all?...
  10. missing apps from latest update

in Windows 10 Customization
    missing apps from latest update: the January 16, 2019 update deleted several programs and apps from my laptop. I can no longer access my email on the mail app. what do I need to do to get everything back the way it was prior to January 2019?...