Windows 10: How do I stop app-specific volume settings from changing on their own?

Discus and support How do I stop app-specific volume settings from changing on their own? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I prefer to set the app volume to max for every app and then control the volume as necessary in the app I'm using at whatever time I need to adjust it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jstacct, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Jstacct Win User

How do I stop app-specific volume settings from changing on their own?

I prefer to set the app volume to max for every app and then control the volume as necessary in the app I'm using at whatever time I need to adjust it. For example, if I'm using Spotify to listen to music, I prefer to set the app volume for Spotify to max in Settings, and then use Spotify's volume bar to control it's volume if I need to.

However, ever since I got my computer, the app-specific volumes for any app I have open keep changing on their own. I set all of them to max every time I go into settings, and yet without fail they always change at some point. I was going to just deal with it, but it's getting annoying to have to go into settings half the time I want to talk to friends or watch a YouTube video because it randomly decided to set Discord's app volume to 20 or Google Chrome's volume to 35.

Any way I can make this stop happening? Thanks.

:)

Jstacct, Aug 17, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 volume is always defaulted to 36 and I can't change it

Hi Ajinc,

It could be some outdated sound drivers or some audio enhancements that caused the issue you are experiencing with controlling your system volume. To narrow down such concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which version and build of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer? To check, click on the
      Start > Settings > System >
      About
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps listed here. Those are troubleshooting steps suitable for sound problems.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 17, 2020
  4. How do I stop app-specific volume settings from changing on their own?

Audio volume cannot be changed while Youtube Video is playing.

Model: Nokia Lumia 920

OS version: 8.0.10211.204

Firmware Revision: 1232.5951.1249.1001

Hardware Revision: 1.0.0.0

Radio Software Version: 1.0.202075.3

Chip SOC Version: 8960

Bug Reproduction Steps:

• Use Bing to search any video
    • IE10 goes to the Youtube
    • Play Youtube Video
    • Even the audio volume is up to the max or down to zero, you still can't feel volume changed.
    • If I long press "<-" hardware back button to go to App Switch Screen, and change the volume at App Switch Screen. Thus, the volume of the Youtube Video will be changed.

MikimotoH---01, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

How do I stop app-specific volume settings from changing on their own?

1. How do I stop app-specific volume settings from changing on their own? - Similar Threads - stop app specific

2. My mouse changes my volume settings on it's own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse changes my volume settings on it's own?: Whenever I am streaming content on netflix or youtube, my mouse can change my audio settings on the right side of my screen. for example a show is playing and if I move my mouse up and down on the right side of the screen, the audio increases and decreases respectively. I am...
  3. My mouse changes my volume settings on it's own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse changes my volume settings on it's own?: Whenever I am streaming content on netflix or youtube, my mouse can change my audio settings on the right side of my screen. for example a show is playing and if I move my mouse up and down on the right side of the screen, the audio increases and decreases respectively. I am...
  4. How do I turn down the volume of specific apps on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn down the volume of specific apps on Windows 11?: Hi there. Running the most recent version of Windows 11, and there is no option in Volume Mixer to turn down the sound of a specific app. How do I do it?...
  5. How do I stop a specific app from triggering the language change hotkey?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop a specific app from triggering the language change hotkey?: When playing videogames, I sometimes press Ctrl+Shift, which is the layout switch hotkey that I'm used to. I don't want to completely remove/change it, just stop it from working when I'm gaming. Is there anything I can do?...
  6. How do I stop a specific app from triggering the language change hotkey?

How do I stop a specific app from triggering the language change hotkey?: When playing videogames, I sometimes press Ctrl+Shift, which is the layout switch hotkey that I'm used to. I don't want to completely remove/change it, just stop it from working when I'm gaming. Is there anything I can do?...
  7. How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Do I Stop Microsoft From Changing My Settings?: I have a program in Startup. I use this program every single day, every time I boot my PC. I set it to Enable in the Startup section. Each time I start my PC, it is not run and the setting is changed to Disable. I also set the Power Management feature to never turn off my...
  8. How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop Microsoft from changing my settings?: I like things my way. I like them my way because that's the way my brain works and this is what I'm used to and what works for me. So how do I get MS to stop changing my settings with every. single. update? I don't want anything on my computer in any folder anywhere...
  9. how do i stop apps from opening on their own when i open the laptop?

how do i stop apps from opening on their own when i open the laptop?: is it the apps fault? how do i stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-apps-from-opening-on-their-own-when/764a56a8-04af-4034-b377-af5552a9b668
  10. HOW DO I STOP OWNING AN APP THAT IS NOT INSTALLED ON MY PC?

HOW DO I STOP OWNING AN APP THAT IS NOT INSTALLED ON MY PC?: HOW DO I STOP OWNING AN APP THAT IS NOT INSTALLED ON MY PC? So my problem is I was trying to install iTunes. I tried to install it from the Microsoft Store but for some reason, no matter how many times I try again or regardless of how long I wait, it just won't install....