Windows 10: How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?

Discus and support How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently in the process of setting up a laptop and I signed into the same Microsoft account that I use on my desktop computer. When I did, all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dane M. M., Jul 8, 2022.

1. How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?

I'm currently in the process of setting up a laptop and I signed into the same Microsoft account that I use on my desktop computer. When I did, all of the files I have on my desktop appeared on the laptop as online files. Whenever I try to move these icons into a new location on my laptop, they more to the same location on my desktop, and vice versa. I would like to learn how to either stop the applications from moving on both devices, or learn how to remove the icons off of one device without deleting them completely from my OneDrive.

:)

Dane M. M., Jul 8, 2022

2. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jul 8, 2022
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jul 8, 2022
  4. How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?

Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Try the following steps to move applications between virtual desktops.

• Right-click on the program you want to move.

• Select “Move to”, and then select the desktop number to which you want to move the program.
    You can also, drag and drop the app of your choice to the desktop you want to add.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 8, 2022
Thema:

How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?

1. How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another? - Similar Threads - stop applications move

2. Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another: If I build a new computer and download windows 11 on it. Can i move my retail windows 10 license from my old computer to my new or do I have to buy a new license?...
  3. Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another: If I build a new computer and download windows 11 on it. Can i move my retail windows 10 license from my old computer to my new or do I have to buy a new license?...
  4. Can I and if so how do I move windows from one computer to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?: I'm currently in the process of setting up a laptop and I signed into the same Microsoft account that I use on my desktop computer. When I did, all of the files I have on my desktop appeared on the laptop as online files. Whenever I try to move these icons into a new location...
  6. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  7. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Files from one device to another.: Hello. I have very little storage on my SSD, and I would like to move some files, such as documents, pictures, downloads, onedrive and videos onto the drive. But I did move it, but when I check my SSD C: and go onto users, pictures documents and onedrive are still there, does...
  8. Moving Files from one device to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Move device from one Microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move device from one Microsoft account to another: I have a Microsoft account with email address 'A' that shows my subscription, but no device. It also has the Skype account with all my historic details. I have another Microsoft account with email address B that shows my device. First question: how do I move my device to...
  10. Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another

in Windows 10 Support
    Moving Application settings/preferences from one PC to another: Greetings Helpful Board, Y'all are awesome. Helped me in so many turns and twists along my 2.3 year journey from Mac to PC. I'd be dead in the water without you. I just Googled the following question but got nowhere. My wife has two programs on a PC. A CAD program and Adobe...