Windows 10: how do i stop apps from opening on their own when i open the laptop?

Discus and support how do i stop apps from opening on their own when i open the laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; is it the apps fault? how do i stop it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by P.V-1208, Jul 2, 2020.

1. P.V-1208 Win User

how do i stop apps from opening on their own when i open the laptop?

is it the apps fault? how do i stop it?

:)

P.V-1208, Jul 2, 2020
  2. DanBTx Win User

Apps opening own their own

I have upgraded to Windows 10 and I keep having apps open own their own. The Windows store, photos, phone app etc. It seems like it is always these apps and they are minimized. The only way I know they are open is they show up down on the task bar. I close
    them and then they open again.

They do this even when I am not on my computer. Last night I went to bed and when I got up this morning they were all open.

This is really annoying. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

DanBTx, Aug 5, 2020
  3. P.V-1208 Win User

is it the apps fault? how do i stop it?

P.V-1208, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. how do i stop apps from opening on their own when i open the laptop? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. how do i stop apps from opening on their own when i open the laptop? - Similar Threads - stop apps opening

2. how do i open an app that is not microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i open an app that is not microsoft: how do i open an app that is not microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-an-app-that-is-not-microsoft/60d9afa1-42c1-462f-8b59-0c3562549551
  3. how do i open an app that is not microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i open an app that is not microsoft: how do i open an app that is not microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-an-app-that-is-not-microsoft/60d9afa1-42c1-462f-8b59-0c3562549551
  4. How do I stop the apps on my computer from immediately crashing when opened?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop the apps on my computer from immediately crashing when opened?: Over the course of my ownership of my computer, various applications have fallen victim to a problem where they will open and then immediately close. Early 2020 was when this problem began. The ones I remember doing this first are:Microsoft Storefeedback hubphotosvideo editor...
  5. How do I stop the apps on my computer from immediately crashing when opened?

How do I stop the apps on my computer from immediately crashing when opened?: Over the course of my ownership of my computer, various applications have fallen victim to a problem where they will open and then immediately close. Early 2020 was when this problem began. The ones I remember doing this first are:Microsoft Storefeedback hubphotosvideo editor...
  6. how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?: How do I change the setting on windows 11 to not start up when I open the cover? It never turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-computer-from-starting-when-i-open/cef67710-1788-41cc-9098-38abc3411988
  7. how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?

how to stop my computer from starting when I open it?: How do I change the setting on windows 11 to not start up when I open the cover? It never turns off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-my-computer-from-starting-when-i-open/cef67710-1788-41cc-9098-38abc3411988
  8. How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?

How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?: How Do I Stop Windows / Programs From Opening The Taskbar?My taskbar is set to auto hide, but if a program opens, the taskbar will pop up. I would like to disable this behavior anyway possible natively or by removing core services, I don't care.Added a picture to show how it...
  9. How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Stop Windows From Opening The Taskbar?: How Do I Stop Windows / Programs From Opening The Taskbar?My taskbar is set to auto hide, but if a program opens, the taskbar will pop up. I would like to disable this behavior anyway possible natively or by removing core services, I don't care.Added a picture to show how it...
  10. How do I stop Edge from opening ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop Edge from opening ?: Edge browser opens at boot up or even when I wake my PC from sleep. I can’t figure out how to stop this. Any ideas? submitted by /u/Collierfiber2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khsyd7/how_do_i_stop_edge_from_opening/